“Presedential Suite is the best!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Bear, Delaware
“Presedential Suite is the best!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed here for a quick overnight business trip, a few days after the big snow storm of the century. Because the hotel was totally booked, and there were no rooms on the upper floors, the manager Brian upgraded me to the Presedential Suite. I have been in many suites throughout the US, but this suite is by far the best! The size, the view, and the comfort of the bed. Not only was the room above my expectations, but the service I received from Brian,and all the other staff was exceptional.
Because I got to the hotel in the late evening, I was able to get a quick meal in the Fusion restaurant, which was still open. I ordered the Flatbread pizza. I have had many in my travels, and this was by far the most delicious! Arugual, Proscuitto, Baslamic......if you have a chance to get a meal while at the hotel, definitely try the Flatbread pizza.
I come to Boston every month. This was the 1st time I stayed at the Double Tree, but will not be my last. It will be my 1st choice with all my travels to the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank suetrio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed in Boston while visiting my son at Boston University Law School. The hotel was convenient to campus. The staff was well informed, pleasant, and assisted with all my needs. Parking is on-site but does require an additional fee. I was traveling with my sister, we had a twin room with a full large living/dining room which we made use of when my son came to spend some time with us. I used the internet (complimentary) in the evening to catch up on some work. All in all a very pleasant stay and well worth the money. I will stay there again next year when I return for his graduation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth W
Denver
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Ok. Like an Embassy Suites without the free breakfast. Be prepared for the unnecessary $35 for parking. Good jazz club on premises. Location on the river with nice views. Very convenient to Cambridge/Harvard/MIT/BU. Good access to Mass Turnpike.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rpden
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Very friendly front desk staff, ask for Yesly Villafrance, Front Office Manager. She is great. Good bar service and food selection. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only minor issue was that I thought the whirpool needed cleaning (inside). The next day the whirlpool was emptied for cleaning. Not sure but maybe they were reading my mind?! Also wanted to note, hotel is in a good location. Whole Foods and Trader Joes right over the bridge. Close to Harvard and BU and right near Storrow Drive for easy access downtown. If we go to Boston again then we will stay there again.

Room Tip: We have two kids so we had a suite. Recommend getting a suite. It's the way to go
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank csmphilly
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My friends and I chose to stay at this hotel since it was not far from Harvard and since I had enough Hilton points to get the room for free. As in all Doubletree hotels we were each welcomed to the hotel with a warm chocolate chip cookie. Staff were courteous and friendly. Our room had two twin beds in the bedroom and a double sleeper sofa in the living area. There was ample space in both rooms. Didn't feel cluttered even when the sleeper sofa was out. Twin mattresses were Sealy pousturepedic with a mattress pillow pad on top and were very comfortable to sleep on. In fact it was so comfortable that we decided to sleep in an skip the morning plans.

Self parking is on the expensive side at $35 per night with in/out privileges. But money saved by taking the hotel's complimentary shuttle service makes up for it. The hotel has shuttle stops at the aquarium, Copley square and Harvard Square (hourly from 7:30am-7:30pm). The shuttle ride to Harvard from the hotel only took 5 min.

The fitness room was very impressive. It was spacious and had a good variety of machines. It even had a shower and two bathrooms in it. Earbuds were also available for free since several of the machines had tv screens on them.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank komodokd
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This hotel is very luxurious. It overlooks the river, and is located close to Cambridge, where you can find Harvard University. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to various locations, and the drivers are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very big, and will more than satisfy even the fussiest person. Very nice, would definately stay again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Wow after our experience in NY (see review Affinia), Doubletree Suites by Hilton - Boston was just what we needed.

The room was modern & clean with room to spare for our family. Eventhough we arrived early morning our room was ready and available.

The staff were fantastic......attentive, thoughtful, helpful.

Even with the cd weather outside the kids made use of the indoor heated pool.

Location wise the hotel was perfect for our needs. General Boston visitors may want something closer to the centre. Getting into the centre was easy and inexpensive.

Nothing negative to say.... Even with refurbishments occurring at the hotel we loved it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Craigro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#15 of 20 in Cambridge
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Hotel Veritas
#5 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!