“Stayed for Boston Marathon”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overall, the hotel was fine. The shuttle service was great BUT since I had booked this hotel several months in advance, I didn't recall that I had booked it to include breakfast. Upon checkin, the front desk staff did not inform me that breakfast was included, so we did breakfast on our own every morning.....very disappointed that they didn't make me aware of this upon check-in (only realized it when I received a notice thanking me for booking the "family fun package" when we returned home. UGH

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 144cherylt
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We are so displeased to hear of the lack of communication regarding breakfast and the family fun package that you booked in advance. We will be sure to address this with our front desk team to insure something like this does not happen again in the future! Unfortunately because there is no name or hotel confirmation number associated with this review we are unable to investigate the matter further. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review – other than the breakfast mix-up we are pleased that you had a nice stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here to attend a concert. The shuttle service is a plus! We used it twice. Parking was handy; reception was courteous; service was great. We found the breakfast room to be very comfortable, and food delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anne H

It is great to hear that you has a enjoyable stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge during your recent trip to Boston for a concert. Happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle and enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the restaurant!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I reached here with my family to attend a conference. the location of hotel is excellent. we were given room on 9th floor river view. we were well received by the front desk staff. Travel desk is excellent. every one in hotel is cooperative and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Meena V
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

It is wonderful that you enjoyed your recent stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge with your family and that our team was so friendly and helpful! Happy to hear that our location was so convenient and that you liked your 9th floor room with a view so much. We hope to have you return in the future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay at this hotel. I was told I'd have a double bed, but when I arrived I had 2 twin beds. The coffee maker in my room also did not work, despite multiple calls to the front desk asking for one that functioned. As I was in Boston for a conference, I needed access to wifi, but it also was not working. Lastly, I was told there were shuttles to Copley Square, but they didn't run early enough to get me to meetings. The hotel is nice enough for a vacation to Boston - but if you're coming for business don't stay here because the 4 things I needed (a comfy bed, coffee, wifi, and shuttle) were not provided.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth K

It is so disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge. We are surprised that you did not find our hotel suitable for your business trip as the majority of the guests that stay here come for business! Our apologies for the faulty coffee maker – this is unacceptable and definitely not hotel standard. We should have taken care of this issue right away for you. We hope that should you return to Boston/Cambridge in the future for non business travel that you would give us a second chance to prove we do provide better service than what was experienced during your last stay.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location and provides easy access to most of the businesses in Cambridge and Boston. My stay coincided with the Boston Marathon so the rooms were somewhat expensive due to the marathon event.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith C

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a pleasurable stay and that the hotel was in good location to access the businesses in Cambridge and Boston that you visited during you recent trip. We hope you would choose to stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge should you be traveling to this area again!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel has a great location, a beautifully renovated lobby, and a FANTASTIC staff who are kind, helpful, thoughtful, and professional. The suites are quiet, clean, and spacious, and the parking is extremely convenient. I always look forward to my stay and always feel well cared for upon my departure. This hotel is superior in its customer service -- they clearly know what is important as evidenced in how they take of their guests. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Donna J

Thank you so much for your excellent review – we are so pleased to hear the kind words you had to say about our hotel and staff! Nothing is better than being called "the best" and we are so happy that you enjoy you stay each time you stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to all guests and we are so pleased to see that you have pointed this out as superior! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you like to walk, this hotel is on the Charles River where you can easily walk to several local venues. There is a nice bar on the 3rd (?) floor, a pool with a jacuzzi, lots of conference rooms. Overall typical of a city hotel...very nice but not outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CapeSharon
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enojyed your stay at The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge and were able to take advantage of some of the hotel amenities. It is great that you enjoyed our location along the Charles River. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#17 of 19 in Cambridge

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!