“Warm and Welcoming in Boston”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Warm and Welcoming in Boston”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have loved staying in the Eliot Hotel each time I visited my son during his time at college in Boston, culminating with his recent graduation. The staff welcomes you warmly, the lobby is gracious, the size of the hotel is just right. The suite rooms are comfortable and provide the space to unwind and relax in the very comfortable bed with a nicely sized bathroom.
The location makes getting around Boston easy. I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Corner rooms even more quiet than average.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked this room last minute on Priceline for a overnight business trip. I arrived at 1:30am and valet had left by than but they had me park my car in the valet zone in front of the hotel. The lobby is small and cute and the staff was so nice! My room was on the first floor and around the corner from the lobby about a 20 feet away, making it pleasant not having to walk a long hall so late at night. I opened the door to my room with a old fashion key (I thought was cool) the room was gorgeous, the entry hall had the bathroom on the right and at the end a "walk in closet" the hall on the right had a room with a wet bar at the end of it that included the mini bar, keurig coffee machine and a nice deep sink. There was a living room with a sofa, 2 chairs, a desk and a tv. French doors opened into the bedroom with 2 double beds beautifully decorated and behind the nightstand was a power supply with plenty of extra plugs available. There was also a iHome on the nightstand there was a TV in the bedroom as well. The bathroom was small but very nice decor. I wish I was able to stay here longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Eliot Hotel is the only place we want to stay while visiting Boston. It is one of our favorite hotels in the world...and we travel a lot and go everywhere.

We love the hotel's convenient location. The hotel's suite rooms are very comfortable and roomy.

The staff is absolutely outstanding. They are very nice people, who are always ready to provide amazing service. My favorites are:
- This past Mother's Day, the doorman ran a half a block after us to share additional information about a question I asked him. All because he wanted me to have a nice Mother's Day.
- The flawless execution of the hotel staff assisting my son when he was hurt. Last year my son had an emergency. The hotel staff responded quickly. As we arrived in the hotel lobby, the staff were lined up ready to assist, if needed. The hotel manager quickly escorted us to the waiting taxi and assisted in giving the driver the emergency room address. We will never forget it.

The Eliot is the best in so many ways!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a convenient location and elegant, comfortable room adorned with a great service! After close to 30 hours of being awake (covering Cardiology Service at my Hospital the day/night before my trip to Boston) I requested, and was immediately granted, an early check-in. We enjoyed our brief stay and will consider such Hotel as our first choice the next time around Boston. We had the impression of being in one of those alluring European Hotels, elevator included.
Room service was above average with delicious breakfasts. A small Hotel with regal style!

Room Tip: 7th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have had the privalage in staying at the Eliot before. A wonderful hotel to say the least. I love the the quaint yet formal lobby as you enter. My favorite are the original Otis elevators that greet you as you check in. I can not say enough for their service and attention to detail.. I will always try to stay there when in Boston . Now that my son has graduated,
trips to Boston may be few, yet The Eliot Hotel will be first on my list..

1 Thank Ernie W
Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our first time to stay here. It won't be our last. The room was very comfortable for our four day stay. The location is ideal! We were just steps from everything we needed. Breakfast at Clio was delicious.

• Stayed May 2014
Santa Monica
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in Boston for college tours, and for the price of a regular room we had a beautiful two-room suite, with a pull-out couch for our daughter (made up and put away daily by housekeeping), French doors to separate, and a large alcove with a minibar fridge, sink, and mirror (very helpful with one bathroom). The multi-lingual staff was gracious and helpful. Great location, 1.5 blocks to the T greenline and Newberry Street. We didn't have a chance to eat in the restaurants, but they were beautiful, and the sushi restaurant had just been voted best sushi in the local alternative paper. We were worried about street noise, but double-paned windows were very effective.

Room Tip: Didn't seem to matter, noise not a problem.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family