“Top-notch boutique service in the heart of Boston”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a fantastic stay during my extended stay at The Eliot. While I was initially given a smaller room, I was upgraded to a bigger suite which fit my needs perfectly. The real gem of this hotel is its first-rate service & friendliness across most levels (front desk, porters, doorman, lobby staff). Only exception is housekeeping, which seemed a bit spotty. I did however slept beautifully on the magically comfy bed. The hotel is well situated with easy crosstown access. Uni Japanese restaurant quality is fairly high, but clearly overpriced (easily 3-4X that in Japan) and portions are tiny. Overall, I greatly respect Eliot Hotel's ambition to operate on a smaller boutique size while providing the highest levels of service quality -- quite rare in the U.S.! Perhaps this level of service is only possible due to smaller relative size... Will definitely stay again at the Eliot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saito462
Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Located in Back Bay with a lot of nice shops and bars around the corner; T-line (Hynes) just across the street and even Fenway Park is within walking distance. No impressive lobby and slick rooms, but large rooms (for our 6 day stay we got a free upgrade to a Suite), great beds and all very clean. Very friendly staff as well, they even have a running map with 2 routes around the hotel (good for Sports-city Boston)!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Eliot offers great service and has lovely rooms. The service staff are all very friendly and professional. This hotel is in a wonderful location close to Newbury and Boylston street restaurants and shopping. If you like boutique hotels then this is the right place for you. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Boston for a wedding anniversary trip and when we went to check in they informed us they has over booked the hotel and we were going to get moved. After waiting for 20 minutes they let us know they did have a room but soon realized they gave us the worst room in the hotel with a queen sized bed. I think we got flagged for using Hotels.com for booking. It is a great location and service was good after check in but for this nice of a hotel I expected a better room and reception at check in.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Joseph P, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I thank this guest for taking the time to share her experience of staying at the Eliot Hotel and for rating our service and location so highly. I do, however, apologize for the initial poor impression upon check in. It is our primary mission to provide a superlative guest experience but when there are unexpected complications, as occurred in this instance, we regret not being able to meet our expectations; something we are committed to and work extremely hard at to fulfill.

I do wish to clarify, however, that the hotel uses several factors in assigning rooms, but the source, in and of itself, is not a factor under any circumstances. I hope this guest will contact me directly if she will be returning to Boston and we will be delighted to ensure her stay is commensurate with both of our expectations.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Eliot Hotel last year and were exited. Fantastic rooms, very friendly staff and perfect location. We will for sure go back to the Eliot Hotel this year.
Try it its really worth it (even if the room rates are quiet high)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marlies S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Eliot hotel is wonderfully located within easy reach of just about anything a tourist, business or causal traveller could need. The service was attentive and the valet parking a breeze, which is a real plus in any busy metro are like Boston.
The room accommodations however are a bit dated. Our bath /shower room was fine, and appeared recently renovated , but tight with a single sink. The room decor was pretty 90's which is fine for a 3 star hotel, but not one of the Eliot calibre and tarif.
I'd stay again but would look for improvements . There is lots of competition in the area, so I'd have to branch out if room renovations aren't in the offing.

Room Tip: Wish I knew
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have just spent 4 nights in this lovely hotel, along with my daughter, for a wonderful break in Boston. We felt like the only guests in this wonderful hotel, it was so quiet. All of the staff are friendly, and always willing to help. We were upgraded to a suite, which was wonderful, complete luxury. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we will be coming back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor suite lovely and quiet for sleeping