“Terrific stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Boston
texas
“Terrific stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My college-age daughter and I just finished a terrific stay here. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to be upgraded to a room on the top floor with a view that was breathtaking. The location was great with plenty of stores, restaurants and nightspots close-by in the Back Bay area. Also good access to several T-stations and the Back Bay train station. The front desk staff was always friendly and very helpful, the room was nice and the business center was large, accessible and pleasant. We'd definitely recommend the hotel and will certainly stay here on our next trip to Boston.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our hotel's location, service levels and amenities . We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Boston.

Hilton Boston Back Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Hilton Boston Back Bay has got to be my favorite Boston hotel, maybe more because of memories than venue, but the hotel also provides excellent amenities and service. I've had two very good experiences there- one with a loved one and the other with a group of high school students I was accompanying to a Model U.N. conference at the Hynes Convention Center. For the first experience, they allowed me to check-in early and prepare the hotel room- as I was trying to surprise my girlfriend who was returning from a trip overseas. Their pristine and classy rooms and ultra-comfortable sleigh beds and high-thread-count sheets provided for the perfect evening and morning. For the second experience, I always felt the group was looked after and the proximity to the Convention Center was incredibly useful given the group's constant activity during the M.U.N. conference.

(Note: the two times I have been to this hotel were in September, 2006 and January, 2011- but neither are an option on the drop-down menu)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank etapley
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our Team Members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Good room, perfect location. Ac made too much noise though. Free wifi if you go downstairs and logg in at the starbucks. Friendly staff, especially the female concierge.

Room Tip: Buy a cornerroom with a view, we had a nice view of the baseball stadium etc.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights. I chose this location due to its proximity to the Hynes Convention Center were I was taking a very stressful licensing exam. I had many issues with my room including overly hot temperatures, dirty pillow cases, a mini-fridge whose temperature was set too high (all the contents became frozen causing a soda to explode all over my exam materials), AND a bathtub that was not properly set in its foundation. I honestly expected more from this hotel, and it added more stress to an already stressful two days of exams. However, despite all these issues, the front desk and engineering department were great. Mario in engineering should receive an award for his patience he had with me. Although I was offered another room for my last night, I decided against it because I needed to study. I think it's important to voice your concerns in order for the hotel staff to do their best possible to remedy their situation and for the hotel to improve/learn from their mistakes. The great customer service at this hotel is worth noting, and I hope that all the issues in room 1207 will be fixed for the next hotel customer. I hope the Quality Assurance takes note of this experience.

Room Tip: Wifi is not free here, but there is wifi in the lobby. Sometimes the front desk will give you compli...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton, I understand that this is not something you wanted to have to worry about during a stressful time. We apologize for the malfunctioning mini-fridge and issues with the bathtub, however I am happy to hear that our front desk and engineering staff responded quickly to the issues you reported. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Took my mother and my two teenage daughters into Boston for the night. The Hilton is really a perfect location for shopping, great restaurants and really enjoying all the city has to offer. The hotel is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. Will definitely stay here again next time I return to Boston.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 20th. Had a great view looking south. I think a room on the other side...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BrendaCConway_NH
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us at Hilton Boston Back Bay and that you had an enjoyable weekend visiting Boston with your family. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and experience the best of Boston. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife surprised me for my 30th with a trip to Boston. We had three rooms (family and friends surprised me as well) on the 24th floor, which boasts incredible views including the Charles River and Fenway. The hotel is located in a wonderful area, tons of bars and great food right on Boyalston. I HIGHLY recommend the Samuel Adams Brewery tour along with the free trolly to Doyle's after. The food at Doyle's is incredible.

The pool area and workout rooms are top notch and the staff was amazing. They even sent a complimentary cheese plate and two Boston Lagers with a hand written note wishing me a happy 30th birthday....very nice and classy touch! The rooms were very nice (layout as expected, but very nice aesthetic touches here and there). Celebrated the big day at Gypsy Bar (very trendy, high class...and very expensive!!!) If you're looking for bars, try Storyville (nice lounge) as well as Beantown Pub.

The hotel definitely stands out and it certainly made for a great backdrop to an unforgettable birthday. Two thumbs up for the Hilton Back Bay! We will be back when the weather starts warming up!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for great views. Room 2407 has great views of the river and Fenway!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TNTORTIZ8809
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay to celebrate your 30th birthday. We are honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate your big day. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experience excellent service levels from our staff as well as enjoying everything Boston has to offer. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and I look forward to welcoming you upon your return to Boston.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a great time in Boston at the Hilton Back Bay. It is centrally located and the service and staff were great. Close to amny attractions and public transportation. The only down side was how expensive the parking is... but it is Boston and parking in expensive all over. So if you really dont need a car, use the T or taxis and save on the parking.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lal0s
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay and enjoyed the service levels and location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Boston.