“Great place to stay for shopping in Boston”

Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Booked a reward night at Hilton Back Bay for the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Was worrying about the blackout in Back Bay just two nights prior to my arrival but everything turned out to be fine.

The location can't be better for those who fancy some weekend shopping - 10 minute walk from Back Bay Station and a couple of blocks away from the Prudential Center shopping mall and the bustling Boylston Street.

My room was spacious and nicely sun-lit with all the comfort and amenities you could expect from a Hilton. The indoor pool was another nice feature that I took advantage of before taking the 11:00am train back to New York. Flawless in every way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BandBtraveller
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Boston Back Bay.

Hilton Boston Back Bay

Write a ReviewReviews (3,008)

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. The location is ideal, about a block from the prudential center (where there's a T stop and a 24 hour shaws) and there was always a line of cabs waiting just up the street at your beckon call. Everything was clean and the room was spacious with a mini fridge for our personal use and great coffee maker too! Everyone I encountered on the staff was super friendly and helpful, they have a complimentary storage room where you can keep your bags after checkout which was really convenient cause we weren't leaving the city til later that day. It was wonderful that the pool and gym were not in the main floor so we didn't have to go wondering around the lobby in swim trunks. The outdoor patio off the pool area was awesome as well! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Boston.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Abbycm

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Good and friendly staff; rooms ok but not perfect (minibar disabled, lights poorly maintained), breakfast mediocre.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to hear that our Team Members took such good care of you and provided excellent service.However I am very sorry you experienced disabled amenities such as the minibar and lights in your room during you stay. I can assure you this is not the norm. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can show you what our brand promise is all about. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights in September, and am overall very satisfied. The location on the edge of the Back Bay area is very good, right around the corner to lots of shops, restaurants, and the Prudential Center, and only a 10 minute walk from Fenway Park. It's a fair walk to Beacon Hill and Quincy Market, but the T station is close by so not a problem. We were given a beautiful corner room with a large portion of the wall filled with windows, which provided great views and allowed us to wake up naturally with the sun every morning - highly recommended! The room was spacious for a big city hotel, and the bathroom was a good size with a big shower. Considering the price, I'm a bit disappointed that breakfast and complimentary wi-fi weren't included, while the computers in lobby were slow. The room and hotel alike were generally very clean and tidy, and the staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: The higher your floor the better, while the corner rooms allow for lots of natural light!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crofteh

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that you found the amenities and location of our property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times in past 3 years. My daughter is attending college in Boston. You can't beat the location can walk to everything in downtown Boston. Across from Sheraton Hotel where can access Prudential center and shopping, top of the hub...In additon, only 1 block from Boylston St, and 2 blocks from Newbury St. Can walk to Fenway Park. This is first time I ever had anything wrong with room but cleanliness of bathroom wasn't what I expected (leak in sink and mold in shower). Since I have stayed here many times I now this is not norm.

Room Tip: I like corner rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Besos43

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Hilton Boston Back Bay. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a Boston Red Sox game. I'm a hilton gold member so I usually stay at any Hilton family hotel. This hotel is walking distance to Fenway but you're looking at 10 to 15 minute walk. Breakfast in the lounge for members was good, but the man greeting me and accepting my breakfast vouchers was not as friendly. The waittress clearing the table was nice. I felt that location-wise, if you're going to a game, this hotel is adequate, but as for service, I've been to more friendlier hiltons that were the same price. I paid $299 a night which was steep, but expect exceptional service at price.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. Your review provides feedback that our hotel team needs to re-evaluate Guest needs and meet Guest expectation. While our prices are not the lowest in the city, they are competitive and in-line with the service and quality of amenities we provide. We hope you will consider staying with us again next time you are in Boston.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at the Back Bay Hilton in early May. Room was a little old and tired looking but very spacious. Staff were courteous. As Honors gold member I was able to use the lounge for breakfast. The selection was great and wold appeal to everyone. The fitness area and pool were also very good. Great location easily accessable to most things.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rickwood50

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.