“Good 4stars hotel”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This si a really good hotel in a Vero good Place in Boston very close to the train station and Downtown. The Room si large with a King size bed, good bathroom and very nice views.
Available free wifi at th lobby, something that I do not understand thinking about the price for one night when free wifi is not available in the room.

Starbucks in the hotel, good... For breakfast.

Good location near the shopping area and at 20 mns from airport by car.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our property to exceed the needs of our guests. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Me & my wife stayed here and celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. the staff was fantastic and the hotel & room was very nice and clean and comfortable. i will come back again. fantastic location close to big shopping mall and walking distance to boylston & newbury st

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank douglaspjacobs

I am very happy to see our staff took such great care of you for your special occasion and that you found the guest room to your liking! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Boston Back Bay upon your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This particular property lives up to the Hilton's reputation On January 20, 2013, stayed in room 2116 and had a great view of Boston Back Bay. The room itself is is unique layout. King Size bed, fridge, Flat Screen TV... The bathroom had a huge Dual Shower and well kept up. The customer service was fantastic. As I was waiting in the lobby, a Hilton agent made sure I was welcomed, and if i needed anything, to just ask. She thanked me for choosing their hotel. Great area to have quick food and nice lounge for business clients. I no sooner entered my room, and I received a call from the front desk to make sure my room was satisfactory.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review following your stay with us. I am very happy to see you were able to experience true Hilton Hospitality during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed here several times, and each time I was satisfied.

Lobby:

The lobby is nicely decorated, and there are plenty of seats to wait for others. There is a business center if you need to check something out on the internet or need to print something. There is also a starbucks inside the hotel in case you want a quick snack.

Rooms:
I stayed in the 1 bedroom King and 2 twin bed rooms. The king bed room includes a
day bed for you to lounge in. The twin bedroom doesn't have this. The bathroom in the twin bedroom is larger, but includes an adjustable height showerhead that I don't like because there's less water coming out of the head compared to the traditional shower head found in the regular king bedroom.

There is little in way of adjusting the temperature. There is a thermostat, but whatever temp you set it to (65-80), the room stays the same comfy temperature.

The beds are comfy, and in general you don't even know you have neighbors except if they cough violently or flush the toilet =)

Restaurant:
I ate here one time, so my experience is limited, but I thought it was pretty decent. The dishes change every day as far as I know. I had shrimp tacos as an appetizer and baked chicken as my entree. Your bill will be around 20-40 dollars per person depending on what you order. If you like quietness, there's not much you can do since the restaurant and sports bar operate in the same space.

Surrounding area: The prudential center is within walking distance, and your choice of foods around the hotel are immense. Unlike the hilton in the downtown financial district, there's no bar located next to it, so it's pretty quiet.

Overall, a pleasant hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Tip: The 8-9th floors are nosier in my opinion because there's a lot of tourists staying on the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

The Hilton Back Bay was very good at check in. We had 23 high school students and they were Harvard Model Congress that was taking place across the street at the Sheraton. Im glad we were here instead of the Sheraton. The Sheraton is attached to the Prudential Center and being able to keep the kids at the Hilton was a good thing. The rooms were clean and it was nice to have the opportunity to grab a coffee downstairs Starbucks lobby or go into the bar and get a refreshment. The lobby looks small but there are definitely areas that you can sit and socialize. The elevators were adequate as well. I think the Back Bay is a great location if you are doing business in the area and if you need to take the T. I would stay there again and I thought the price was very reasonable for downtown boston as well.

Room Tip: become a hilton honors member- its worth it for the breakfast and wifi.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our property to meet and exceed the needs of our guests. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in February 2013 when we were touring Boston area colleges. It is within walking distance from both Boston University and Northeastern University. There is a Trader Joe's one block away as well as a 24 hour Walgreen's. There is a Starbuck's around the corner. We booked a parking package which saved us over $40 per day. The room was on the Hilton Honors floor and was very quiet with a nice view. The staff was accommodating when we called to ask for more heat (there were no controls in our room; an engineer had to increase our heat remotely). The staff also brought us not one but two replacement mini fridges; the fridge in our room was not cool and the first fridge they brought up froze our food. With a receipt and the frozen food in hand, the front desk gave us our money back and apologized. (My daughter is a type one diabetic and we needed to both keep her insulin cool and her healthy veggies refrigerated.) The bell man and the concierge were both helpful in giving driving directions to the colleges further away. This hotel had a good price point and had a good vibe. The only complaint was the daily in room wi fi fee of about $15. I would love to see that included as part of the room rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We booked this hotel because of the price and that is, in fact, the best reason to stay here. It's primary users are business travelers going to the convention center across the street and busloads of high schoolers in Boston for a school event. The hotel is a few blocks from two different metro stops, which is convenient, but on the boundary of where you want to stay as a tourist. You'll need to walk 10-15 minutes to the restaurants on Newberry Street or take the metro to any tourist attractions. The room is impeccably clean. The decor is a pleasant but bland beige. A chaise lounge chewed up all the extra space in the room. The staff was pleasant.The thermostat was non-functioning which prevented a good night sleep, the shower head was broken and the hot water gone by the time we took showers all three mornings (remember the bus loads of high schoolers). Also, there was a constant rumble noise which was either from the elevators or the street; it, too, kept us from having a good night sleep. The hotel gave my husband a ticket for a complimentary breakfast buffet because he is a Hilton rewards member. That left me with the choice of eating somewhere alone or paying for an overpriced buffet meal. Strange customer service choice. The Sheraton across the street is connected to the mall with lots of inexpensive food choices for breakfast. I'm not eager to return but I would if the price is right.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that noise from nearby traffic and neighboring guests was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods - we regret that the noise was disruptive to you. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by missteps in service and utilities and I have shared your review with our team so we can work to improve our guests' satisfaction. I do hope the next time you return to the area you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the improved quality stay you expect and deserve.