“Boston Back Bay Hilton”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The Hilton at Back Bay Boston, MA is a fine hotel. It is intimate. and relatively quiet. The hotel staff is responsive and helpfull. My room was large, the furnishings are standard for a commercial hotel. The accommodations were clean, the bed was comfortable. My one quibble is that room service breafast is expensive with additional fees and taxes which increase the cost considerably. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which offers typical coffee house fare. The hotel is located in a trendy part of Boston. There is a T stop at the Pru center. I would recommend the Hilton for business or holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at Hilton Boston Back Bay. Making the most out of our convenient location is easy, with our hotel being in the heart of the Back Bay just steps away from some of the best eateries, shopping and transportation in Boston. I understand that in room dining cost was of concern and I am sharing your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. Thank you for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The Hilton Boston Back Bay is a comfortable hotel in most ways. I enjoyed the pool in the mornings and found the location very convenient to the Hynes Conference Center (it's through the Sheraton, next door). The service was excellent in every way. My complaint is that the rooms have no shielding from the hall noises (the elevators and the ice machine) and the HVAC system creates a really loud bang when it comes on. Several of my colleagues in different rooms had the same complaint.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with the satisfactory peaceful experience you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the hallway and neighbor noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We visit Boston several times a year visiting our daughter. First the positives: comfortable rooms and great beds. Its nice to have a small refrigerator in the room. The location is in Back Bay and an easy walk a multitude of schools and attactions in the area. Cons: Staff are friendly, but check in could have been better with no one to help us when we arrived and then they seemed more concernd about moving our car vs. helping us check in. The Paranamc View rooms have great wide windows, but get a room as high up as possible if you want a view worth looking at. As a local, I couldn't believe that their channel selection did not include the channel that carries the Red Sox!!! Really, kind of cheap if you ask me.

Room Tip: Get as high up as you can to get a decent view. The Panaramic View pertains to the broad windows, n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

In town for a quick business trip, we found everything we needed at the Hilton. I had a very spacious and quiet corner room, the staff were super-friendly and helpful with directions, and we were able to do everything we needed within a block or two of the hotel. For breakfast, the doorman recommended an excellent diner a three-minute walk away (it seems to cater almost exclusively to the big hotels in the area). When we needed a FedEx shipping center and Google Maps was unhelpful, we came back to the hotel and the front-desk staff directed us to one in the convention center across the street.

I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team for their dedication to our guests and making sure you had everything you needed. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here for one night and I thought it was an awesome hotel. The beds were super comfortable, the rooms were really nice, and the lobby was great... it even has its own Starbucks inside the lobby. They also have a pool for guests, which is a plus in the city! The location is great too; you can easily walk anywhere since it's in a central location in Boston, and you have access to a bunch of public transit from the hotel. I definitely enjoyed my night's stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

I am delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments of the hotel are sincerely appreciated and I am thrilled that you experienced true Hilton Hospitality with our Staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel was extremely accommodating letting me have a late check out and helping with a shipment I received during my stay. They were so friendly and attentive, everyone I met had a smile and were more than willing to help with anything I needed.

The location was great. I was there for business so it was a perfect location to be close to the convention center. However the mall and many restaurants were in walking distance as well.

I would stay again in a second for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I am a frequent Hilton customer and I need to say I was expecting much more from a category 7. The location is great, staff is helpful, but the hotel looks and feels a bit old. Rooms are ok, but small for the price (executive room at 400$), vs. standards. Breakfast is good but limited choice. Didn't have the time to try the fitness and whirlpool. Net, ok hotel but not for the price, nor for the category standards.

Room Tip: Take a room on the back and high enough to avoid noise from the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.