Hilton Boston Back Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$389
US$282
US$365
US$327
US$318
US$257
  • Room Service
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$210
US$361
US$242
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$334
Agoda.com
US$273
US$228
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$325
3,044 results
All reviewsdiamond loungeprudential centergreat locationfenway parkcorner roomdiamond memberboylston streetcharles rivernewbury stbusiness centerred sox gamegreen lineparking garagefreedom traildaltonlobbystarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

As a Hilton Gold Member I expect a certain quality when I travel for business and pleasure. I stayed three nights at this hotel in late June 2013 while attending a conference at the Harvard Medical School. Upon checking in I was informed that I was upgraded "complementary" which I have learned can mean different things depending on the management (please see my review of the Hilton resort at Myrtle Beach as an example). I was given room 1618 and upon entering the room it was hot and the AC did not work. A maintenance worker did get it going after 2 hours while I was working at the room desk. The exhaust fan for the very small bathroom did not work at all and thus I had to battle the "steam" on the mirror while getting ready each morning for the conference. Moreover, I paid in advance for a corner room and the room I was given was not a true corner room and did not offer the extra square footage that I paid for. Moreover the hotel bolted shut the sliding door to the small balcony making this supposed feature worthless. Lastly, as being a Hilton Gold Member I receive a complimentary Continental Breakfast. This was located on the third floor and I decided to take advantage of this benefit before I checked out. Although I am a middle aged Caucasian, I do have a "baby face" and frequently get mistaken for someone in their late 20s or early 30s. While in this "Diamond Lounge" with other members a female staff member came up to me and only me and asked if I had my breakfast "voucher." I replied that I left it in my room, which I did and I would bring it down to her as I finished. Again it should be noted that I was the only one who was asked and as I went from my room to the final checkout I stopped by and gave this staff person the three "vouchers" that I received for these "breakfasts." I did not avail this service on my first two days since the conference provided much better and much higher quality fare. It really should not matter how young I look like to be subject to being singled out for this treatment. Obviously if this Hilton wants to dispose of professionals such as myself for the drunken brigades that stay there for Red Sox games (Fenway is within walking distance) they have done their job since I will never stay at this Hilton again and suggest that you do not either.

Room Tip: There are many hotels in the area so travelers do have a choice if they want to stay in the Back Bay area.
1  Thank Jjmat49022
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize for the poor service you received at breakfast in our executive lounge and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of ensuring every guest feels valued and welcomed. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area I do hope that you will be our guest again so we may show you the complete quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We love the Hilton Back Bay for its location, walking distance to Copley Square and the Old South Church, where my performing group puts on a "fringe" concert every other year at the Boston Early Music Festival.

The room we stayed in this time was just a bit spiffier than the one we had two years ago, giving us the sense that they may have renovated a bit in the interim. In any case, we were very comfortable - I wish we had been staying for more than one night! And the service was great as is usual with Hilton - I had forgotten to print out an opera e-ticket, and the desk downstairs helped me get that in no time and we were on our way to an evening of fabulous music!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a response of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton! I appreciate your very kind comments and I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I experienced a very nice stay at the Hilton Back Bay. Was in Boston for business and the room was very nice and worth the price. Restaurant was very good and restaurant staff were top-notch. Room was clean and in good shape. Only three small issues. 1. Concierge was not as friendly as she could have been. 2. Internet service is additional cost - I would rather they just include it in the room cost. 3. I left the iron and ironing board out because the iron was still hot when I left in the morning and it was still out when I returned. In other hotels, house cleaning staff have often taken care of this for me. BUT - none of these are issues of note. Hilton Back Bay was a terrific hotel to stay in and I would definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed response of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton! I appreciate your very kind comments and I will be sure to share your feedback with hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I arrived at 1 a.m. from New Mexico and was told my room , which was reserved for 4 nights was given away. Had to stay in lobby until room was located and finially got in a room at 3 a.m. across the street at the Sheraton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were here for two nights in June 2013. Beautiful hotel with an excellent location (near 2 green line T stops, the convention center, Newberry Street). We wanted a hotel downtown that wasn't TOO close to Quincy Market, etc. so the choice was perfect for us. We had a very nice, clean room on the 22nd floor. Staff (front desk, bellman) all very polite and professional. Starbucks in the lobby was very convenient for that extra "jolt" before heading off. Would have preferred free Wi Fi but that is really my only complaint. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff took such great care of you! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future!