“Nice stay and soooo relaxing.”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Nice stay and soooo relaxing.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Spent two nights here in September while going to Fenway Park for Red Sox games. Yes, it is expensive for sure, but sometimes you just have to splurge and enjoy. We had a "panoramic view" room on the 24th floor, and could see sailboats on the river and soft lights at night that seemed to warm the room for us. We slept with the curtains wide open and found it immensely relaxing. The room was sparkling clean with a terrific shower and bathroom. Loved the layout of the room as well. Very nice TV to watch the report on the game after. Easy to park when we arrived, but we did not take the car out until we checked out...instead walked everywhere. Plenty of restaurants nearby, shopping on Newbury Street, and an inside mall that is connected around several of the nearby hotels by skywalks. Plenty to do! The staff here was pleasant, but seemed to remain distant, answering questions as briefly as possible. They just did not seem to want to spend much time with the guests. I had a difficult time using the Apple computer to print boarding passes, and had to continue to struggle with the printer for quite some time, and not one staff member ever showed up during that time...found that annoying. Basically the staff had a "bother us only when you really need something " attitude. Have seen far better staff personnel at other Hiltons. But the room was well worth the stay and very enjoyable. If not for the somewhat snooty staff I would rate this hotel higher. Don't let the staff keep you away, as this is a fine place to enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time in the city and got to take advantage of the view in our panoramic room! We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us and we appreciate you alerting us to this issue. We hope to see you again should you return to the Boston area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great neighborhood. We were able to walk to Fenway Park and Northeastern University. The room was clean and comfortable.
My only criticism is the pre pay option. I have been a Hilton honors member for years. When I saw what looked like a great price and I knew I had to be in Boston to drop my son at colleg, I booked it. Between mid July, when I booked and paid, and late August when we traveled, the prices dropped. There are no adjustments allowed and you cannot get the cheaper room. Hilton also began running a promotion to earn triple points during the time I would be staying. Yup, you guessed it. No points, no change. In addition, I needed to change from August 29 to August 28th. There were rooms available and cheaper prices but they charged me $50 to change. Actually, they made me cancel and immediately rebook, but still would not let me earn triple points. We ended up paying almost $100/ night more than we needed to because of this red tape and unhelpful phone staff. I will rethink my next stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and it's convenient location. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was not up to par because of pricing issues and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we ensure an all-around positive experience for our Hilton guests. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to Boston I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The friendly staff and location really made this hotel stand out for me. Walk to so many restaurants, Fenway park, Boston common. The restaurant was too pricey so we didn't eat there and the self parking for $40 was too much. The concierge staff were excellent though they were really very nice to me and the kids. They gave the kids free crayons and colouring in books and sweets. They were great with recommendations and overall I would recommend as a good value place to stay with excellent service. The pool and fitness area were really nice and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed account of your experience! I am happy that you and your children enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our convenient location with the help of our concierge staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston again soon!
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice hotel, had easy parking, friendly staff. Enjoyed my HHonors breakfast, very nice layout snd food, recognized I was a Diamond member. Room was a good size , clean with comfortable bed.

Hotel was not noisey, quick easy check out with late check out given. Very close to Fenway and across the street from Prudential Center/mall.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mr_T_2323
Thank you for taking the time to post a response of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton! I appreciate your very kind comments and I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Back Bay the night before moving our daughter into her college room. I picked the hotel based on general location. It turned out to be the closest hotel to the move-in spot, which ended up being quite fortuitous.

The hotel is a pretty basic convention hotel. No frills. Everything fine, nothing special. I was a little annoyed upon arrival because, rather than the connecting rooms the front desk had indicated to me on the phone, we had rooms across the hall from one another, and ours was a corner king "accessible" room. Our other room, a double, was more conventionally shaped and more roomy, presumably because the bathroom didn't take up half the room. The shape of the accessible room had the TV far from the bed, which was not ideal. The coffeemaker worked well. You have to pay for Internet (unless you're an upper level HHonors member), which is simply a crime at this point.

The garage parking was easy enough, though the elevator doesn't go to the top parking floor. You have to take first a separate elevator with your things down to the lobby from the garage if you want to bring them to your room.

The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, to the extent we used them. Breakfast room service was incredibly slow and came with an incomplete order requiring a second call, but the cooked food and fruit were both very good.

We snuck off with a luggage cart to move my daughter's things (someone at the school suggested I do so). The bellman saw me run off with it but didn't object. I appreciated that. There are very few curb cuts in the garage, which forced me to navigate the ramp that the cars use. That was a bit scary, but it probably wouldn't matter if I weren't taking the cart for a ride up the block and around the corner.

Overnight was relatively quiet, I guess since we were at the end of the hall.

Overall, we had a positive experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations and we are actively working with all hotel staff to ensure our standards are consistently met. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards fresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Boston!
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 5 September 2013

In town for a Red Sox game. Easy walk to Fenway Park. Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean, comfortable hotel. $40/night parking fee is excessive. Breakfast is very pricey. A good choice for s higher end hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff took such great care of you! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future!
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

In the same position there are big choice, just chose another one at the same price. The service over all was poor, gadgets in bathroom and room at the level of a 3 stars. I was surprised, because in not my first time at Hilton than I can compare with others Hilton. I stayed there for 10 days, so I missed the quality in the room and an inappropriate service at the reception.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again