“great people”

Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Savanna, Illinois
“great people”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

i had such an unbleievable stay here everyone from the front desk to the restaurant was delightfull! i especially wold like to thank Hannah at the front desk as she was very polite and sincere. she listned to all of my issues and made me feel more welcome and cared for. She turned my day around!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular, Hannah.I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

On the positive side, an excellent location in downtown Boston, clean room, very comfortable bed, and great staff, especially the concierge. On the negative side, the breakfasts suffered from minimalist selection, lukewarm coffee, and dour staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brian790
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected. We are constantly innovating our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in April for a total of 3 nights (2 separate stays due to a work night stay in New Hampshire). For the first stay, I had booked a King Corner room with my HHonors points and we had a very nice stay (fairly clean room - minus a piece of gum we found stuck to the back of the alarm clock, enjoyed the nice breakfast in the Diamond Lounge within Forty Dalton, easy access to the subways via the Prudential Center station, walking distance to Fenway) - but it was the second stay that really stood out to us.

On my reservation, I had indicated that we were celebrating my husband's birthday and going to see a game for the first time at Fenway. When we checked in for our 2nd stay, the front desk staff member who checked us in (I didn't get her name - but she was WONDERFUL!) acknowledged that we were celebrating his birthday and gave us a great King Corner Room (which was what I booked) up on a high floor with views of the river and of Fenway. After we settled in the room, there was a knock at the door and a very sweet lady delivered a great snack basket with a birthday card from the hotel staff for my husband! The snack basket had chips, Cracker Jacks, peanuts, pretzels, and root beer - he loved it! They also included a few coupons for breakfast. I've stayed at several other Hilton properties on either my own birthday or my husband's birthday, and we've never received anything like that at those other hotels. It was a very generous "extra touch" that really made an impression - and we greatly appreciate it!

The staff here was very friendly - always asking if we needed directions or help. The rooms were nice (maybe not as new or modern as other properties, but still nice) and the corner rooms are very large - plenty of floor space. The bathrooms are smaller, but still had plenty of space there also. The hotel is easily walkable to the Prudential Center (shopping, restaurants, car rental, etc.) and Fenway - and you can easily take a cab or the subway to other parts of the city outside of Back Bay. The Diamond Lounge offered a nice breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereals, pastries, bagels/toast, yogurt, fruit, juice, sodas, water, and a coffee machine that brewed hot chocolate along with a couple of other coffee drinks. We would definitely consider staying here again and appreciate all of the staff who made my husband's birthday trip fun and memorable!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views. The river views were especially nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LovesToTravel0914
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments for our hotel staff are sincerely appreciated and we are thrilled that your husband enjoyed his birthday weekend! We hope you enjoyed the game and make plans soon to join us again for another memorable stay.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed there a couple of days ago with some friends and let me just say I had a great time. The staff was very friendly and attentive especially the front desk supervisor Hannah. She was so wonderful. She adressed all of my questions/concerns and made me feel trully welcome. She went above and beyond my expectations. She deserves a recognition.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular, Hannah for her dedication to our guests and making sure you had everything you needed at check in. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it! I hope the cut on your face has healed and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Boston soon!
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 4 May 2014

from the moment you arrived at the hotel it was inviting. from the moment you arrive you are greeted by someone and every staff member you come across greets you in some manner and makes you feel welcome. i arrived very early and was permitted to check.into my room without any hassles which enabled me to get to my seminar on time. the room was very clean and comfortable and even though i was only there one night it was relaxing. the only negative which the hotel can not control is loud unconsidered guest in the hallway at 11:00pm, after a long day of travel and sitting in meetings i was beat and those obnoxious where a pain.
i was looking for a good place to eat dinner and was given a very good recommendation by the hotel clerk. would highly recommend this hotel if visiting boston.

Room Tip: do not stay near elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I am delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments of the hotel are sincerely appreciated and I am thrilled that you experienced true Hilton Hospitality with our Staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon.
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had to share the exceptional experience provided by the food service folks in the "Diamond Lounge" at Forty Dalton, within the hotel. Ms. Jasoda Ramcharan, was amazing in that she catered to our every need and question without hesitation. We later found out that she actually has a host of regulars who seek her out, whenever they are at the hotel. It is rare to find an individual who takes their job this seriously and has such a perfect attitude while doing it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David G
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular Jasoda, her dedication to our guests and making sure you had everything you needed in the lounge. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it! I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Boston soon!
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here 4/24-4/27/14 and loved this hotel and location. Staff was extremely nice and in my opion, the best location in the city. We really enjoyed Backbay but hit the entire city. It's only 90 minutes but take the Duck Tour, it's very good. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and that you were able to enjoy all that our wonderful city has to offer! We hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!