“Comfortable we'll-run hotel in ideal situation”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Another winner from Hilton. We wanted a nice hotel close to everything and especially near Fenway Park.

We were given a 25th floor room with great views of the city and everything was just right.

Comfy beds, small compact bathroom but we'll-appointed with good toiletries.

Restaurant is very good and nice bar.

Lots of great bars and restaurants close by. Next to Prudential Centre and Boylston street so shopaholics will be happy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff took such great care of you! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Back Bay

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I coordinated an event in Boston and had to reserve a block of rooms for my colleagues. I had to modify all of my reservations and could not find anybody that could help me due to the last minute nature of the changes. I called the reservations desk again as a last, desperate try to get these rooms changed and was very stressed out. Benjamin at the front desk could not have been more helpful and was able to make the changes I needed without seeming put out (I needed to make a bunch of small changes and would have been annoyed myself). I've never stayed at the Hilton Boston Back Bay, but the service at the front desk alone would make it my first choice if I ever need a hotel room in Boston.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular, Ben for his dedication to our guests. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second time to staying here just because it's a good location. We got there after check in and our room was not ready. Hotel is clean and nice. Location is great for that area. Close to lots of nightlife.
Only other thing that annoyed me was when we book our room they ask if we are there for any special occasion. So my husband who is a diamond member lets them it's for our anniversary. When we get there the front desk did not acknowledge it or even ask if we were staying for a special occasion which kind of was sorry. If the hotel is not going to acknowledge it then don't ask. Not sure if we will stay here again if we are in Boston.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vld17
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our Guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We do hope that you will consider giving us another try if you make future plans to travel to our area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was in town for a week for a conference on behalf of my agency. The conference had partnered with the Sheraton across the street from the Hilton, but they didn't have anymore rooms at the rate I needed. I had searched for a good hour before I found out the Hilton had rooms available. This is a great location, within walking distance of the convention center, restaurants, retail shops, and supermarkets (I picked up fresh, whole fruit). My stay was great. I was quite comfortable and there was more than enough space for me in the room. I was able to work in their business center with my laptop utilizing their complimentary wi-fi. Upon checkout, I realized my decision to stay here was a blessing in disguise. I was quickly processed and there was room to temporarily store/hold my luggage while I finished the conference. When it ended, I didn't have to wait in a long line with other attendees to pick up my luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. We are also thrilled that however we weren't your first choice that you ultimately decided to try us out and as a result experienced true Hilton Hospitality. We hope you make plans soon to join us again for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent location for the Boston Marathon! Loved the restaurant and healthy options on the menu. The only complaint we had was that the Starbucks was a little pricey and does not accept using the App to earn points. Other than that, if you are willing to splurge on a hotel, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear that you loved our amentiies and were able to participate in the Boston Marathon! We are here to serve and be at your service every waking moment! We all look forward to seeing you back soon!

Best Regards,
Dominique Marty

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not the best Hilton experience. Below average. Slightly dingy. Small bathrooms. Trash not emptied each day. Towels not replaced. Dirty wash cloth left in shower. Dirty floors in lobby. Meeting F&B not accurate to order

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness mistakes our team during your stay. I have personally addressed this with our entire Housekeeping team and can assure you that we are here to make a difference and take your feedback to heart and continue to improve our products and services for you and all future visits. Thank you again for sharing your experience and my team and I would love the opportunity to make this right and create an extraordinary experience on your next visit to Boston

Reviewed 16 May 2014

great location in the back bay area ...from this hotel you can walk to many sites in Boston ... like Boston common and Cheers ... Boston is an amazing city with so much to see and do ... the only negative was that I was staying there during the Boston Marathon and the room rate was very very pricey ,,, but I was running in the marathong and it was a bucket list item for me so I paid the rate ... but I think the rates are fairly reasonable any other time of the year

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time while running the Marathon! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location as well! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the future!