“Don't stay here!!”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room I was put in was right off the elevator, the TV did not work, and the room REEKED of smoke. I called the front desk about the TV, they sent someone up to fix it. I asked for a different room. I was moved to a room directly above the room I was originally in, so the room still smelled faintly of smoke. The shower didn’t drain properly, I was standing in 2-3” of water. I left a note about it, it was supposedly fixed. The next morning, I was again standing in water taking a shower. I left another note. It was supposedly fixed again. The next morning I again stood in water taking a shower. I did not receive any bottled water, I had to keep requesting it. I did not receive my bill the morning that I was leaving, I had to request it from the front desk. The front desk was not knowledgeable about the area and the concierge desk was not staffed. No signs in lobby about the events for the day and their location. Terrible experience!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fallen short. I am sharing this with the other departments to ensure 100% satisfactory stays in the future will occur each and every time. We sincerely apologize for all the missed opportunities that we could have done that would have made your stay one that you would expect from our Hilton. Our team takes these reviews seriously and focuses on each opportunity to make it right! The team and I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience true Boston Hospitality and the changes made to ensure you have an extraordinary experience!

Best,

Dominique Marty
General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Back Bay

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before and this time experienced the updated executive lounge. Nicely stocked 24/7 with snacks and drinks which was a great touch. The layout was unusual and I liked the high tables and separate work areas but the assault of TV screens was intrusive. They are on ever available wall space tuned to different stations and some with sound on some not and all with sub titles. Not restful and highly distracting. These is not a restful retreat and you are better off grabbing a snack and decamping to the main lobby
There are some staff challenges. Check was not smooth and I only got everything resolved after 3 visits to the main desk. I would have expected some acknowledgement of a problem and someone asking what they could do to make it better but never happened. They were oblivious to the errors made that I could see.
The gym was underwhelming. Limited equipment and a few static machines and some free weights. Given the size of the property it seemed under equipped but was not busy when I was there. There's a nice outdoor deck and a small indoor pool
High rooms and river views are preferred - best to ask. Higher floors are honors floors
Linens and beds are delightful with new high thread count crisp sheets. Nice!
Convenient for the back bay and public transportation on the train system (called the "T")

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stays with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your time and input on our property layout and amenities and we will use your comments as we look for future refresh options. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality and value you expect from our brand.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed in the property for 4 nights in February 2014. The hotel is fantastic the rooms are big and with a very nice view. The staff is really warm and they welcome you with the best way. Every day there was fresh lemon and orange flavored water as a refreshment for all the guests at the lobby. It was a really fantastic experience...recommended for sure!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience here at the Back Bay Hilton! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the fruit infused water in our lobby.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I rarely stay anywhere else. I ended up with an end room, very good size for Boston hotel. Great location to "T" and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. As HiltonHHonors member I had access to lounge so I didn't use the restaurant. I will stay here again, even on personal dollar.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for writing a great review. As you stated making the most out of our convenient location is easy, with our hotel being in the heart of the Back Bay just steps away from some of the best eateries, shopping and transportation in Boston. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Boston Back Bay!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for a visit to NU. It could not have been more convenient to the school, shops and restaurants. When we arrived there was self parking in the hotel which was a great amenity in Boston!. We were greeted in the lobby by Benjamin serving cups of orange juice...unfortunately no vodka in it! We were then prompt assisted with check in by Marco who also gave us concise directions to our restaurant (Atlantic fish was amazing!) and then to the school. The only downside was that our room overlooked the parking garage and there was no complimentary wifi...what hotel doesn't offer comp wifi these days??? Overall, I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments for our hotel and staff are sincerely appreciated. I did see that internet cost was a bit of an issue with you. We do offer complimentary WI-FI in our Lobby, Starbucks area as well as in our outstanding restaurant and bar Forty Dalton. Hilton also has an amazing rewards program and complementary internet is one of the perks! I thank you again for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon. (Hopefully when your daughter chooses NorthEastern!)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for a conference. Great location for the conference we attended next door. Room was clean and had a decent view of the city around me. The whole week I was there I had to go to a conference for 8-5 and it was nice to just be able to walk across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay during your conference! We hope you stay with us again, hopefully for some leisure travel so you can enjoy even more of your stay at the Hilton Back Bay!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location for seeing the sites of Boston. Within walking distance of Fenway Park, the Charles River, Newbury Street, Boston Common, and the Prudential Center. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. As a Diamond member, I enjoy having a delicious, hot breakfast in the Diamond Lounge. Jasoda Ramcharran, and the rest of the staff at this hotel are warm and friendly and always greet me and make sure we have everything we need during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

On behalf of my team, thank you very much for your very gracious review. We will print and post on our Team Member bulletin board so all can read your kind comments. I consider myself very fortunate to work with a bunch of true professionals. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Back Bay Hilton!