“Great visit”

Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Ambler, United States
“Great visit”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was clean, modern, and pleasant staff. Very comfortable beds. Great location for sightseeing and shopping (easy access to subway Green line). It's across the street from the Prudential Tower. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We were thrilled to hear that you loved our location for so many reasons and location is so critical in Boston while visiting. Our team takes tremendous pride on our guest comments so I will be able to share it with our entire team! Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Boston Back and I we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 June 2014

i stay at this location on a weekly basis. each time i arrive i am treated like a celebrity. Hanna the front office supervisor always assigns my favorite room, makes sure i have all my prerequisites ready. i don't have to worry about anything from her friendly and warm greeting and constatly checking to see if i needed anything.. makes me feel like i never left home.. Thank you for that. i would also like to commend the lounge staff. they all know what i usually get and from the moment i step in it's all ready for me. All and all great location great staff!!!

Room Tip: i always stay in the panoramic rooms great updated room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for all your wonderful comments about our staff and we were thrilled to hear that continue to select our hotel for your stay as you have many choices to choose from in Boston Massachusetts. We appreciate your business and loyalty and are looking forward to hosting your future stays when you travel to Boston again. Our team is always at your service for anything you need at all!

Best Regards,
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at several Hilton Hotels all over the world. This was a below average hotel compared to Hilton standards. Although I checked tripadvisor review before making reservation, I trusted the Hilton name and did not consider the poor ratings of the previous quests. I should have taken these negative reviews into consideration. At check in, although we have reserved a corner room, we were given a standard room without saying anything. We had to come back to the reception to make it correct. They told us that they are fully booked and we have to stay at that room for the first night and they would transfer us to our room the next day. For me just this attitute is enough to give a poor grade to a hotel as the reservation is a commitment to be fulfilled in full not partial.

Hotel's location is perfect, most important places to see are in walking distance. It is in a good neighborhood close to Newbury Street, Copley Square and Prudential Center, so all the shopping and dining in walking distance, also a starbucks in the lobby. Historical places are in 15 mins walking distance or 3 stations using subway. Hotel is clean, air condition works well.

Breakfast is not good and below my expectations. There is very limited variety (only one or two kind of cheese, few pastry etc. ) I would not stay there again. Moreover, as I am more interested in historical places next time I may prefer somewehere around Faneuil Hall or Waterfront

Room Tip: corner rooms with river view are good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C O
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have passed your comments along to our Food and Beverage Director and he is in the process of looking over the variety of options we serve during breakfast. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally next time you stay with us and I will personally assign your room myself. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I travelled to Boston for work every week and have tried different hotels and the Hilton Boston Back Bay is my favorite. The staff is really what separates the Hilton from others. Hanna and Bennjamin at check in are excellent and Vernon at the door is so friendly and helpful. They call my room at least twice a stay to check on how my stay is. Lisa from the Sales office has been great at making me feel welcome and finding me a room if I have trouble. A silly thing that I wish I could change is shredded cheese for the eggs at breakfast.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and have a great view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank your for your amazing comments about our staff and location in Boston. Our team takes tremendous pride about being hospitality professionals and their mission is to ensure you are 100% satisfied each and every time you stay with us. I will make sure to share this with the team! Come back and see us soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Boston Back Bay for a conference. I attended the same conference last year at this hotel as well. I am a loyal Hilton customer and this stay did not disappoint. The staff were helpful and very accommodating (I requested and got a late check out, I needed some utensils for my food, lost my parking ticket, etc etc). My room on the 19th floor had an excellent view and although it was close to the elevators, I did not hear any noise at all. I can't comment on the restaurant or the pool, as I did not use them, but the conference facilities were fine.

The location of this hotel is great as it is close to the green line and within walking distance of many sights. The Back Bay neighborhood is picturesque and a great area in which to stay.

My only comment would be to get in line with what many other hotels are doing these days (and what we all should do) and have recycling bins in the room. There was only 1 garbage pin, and ideally hotels should be doing their part to reduce waste and have paper, glass/plastic and garbage bins.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your excellent review and sharing so many great things about our hotel and area to so many others! Thank you for bringing up the topic of Recycling. All Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. ! We look forward to seeing you again for another conference or maybe even to see the Red Sox win another World Series! If there is anything you need for future reservations or accommodations, please let us know!

Sincerely Dominique Marty.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When I checked in I was given 2 key cards and not told anything about the hotel. I had to ask where the elevators were and if there was a bar. Then when I got to my room neither key worked. hotel clerk forgot to activate them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dalit S
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for providing me with some insight of your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies about your keys not working properly. I can see how frustrating it could be to not have been provided information upon arrival as well. I have taken the matter up with our Front Office Director to ensure these issues are fixed. Please don't hesitate to contact me by phone at your earliest convenience should you be willing to discuss your stay any further.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel, close to shopping and Harvard medical area, apart from one bad experience all the staff were amazing, we had such a great stay. We stayed here with some friends as well, they also had good experince.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and you enjoyed your time with us. feel free to email me personally about the "one" so i can follow up. We hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!