“Good location”

Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Riverview, Florida
“Good location”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Close to train and walking to Prudential Tower great base for seeing Boston. Nice rooms not much of a view. We had a corner room with a balcony that was covered would be nice in spring when not raining.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank your for your amazing comments about our location in Boston! The team and I look forward to serving you on your next trip to Boston. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Warm Regards,
Dominique Marty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
White Plains, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from our first visit to Boston. This location was perfect.
Walked to Fenway, Boston Public Library, restaurants.
Not a fancy hotel, but our room was clean and the front desk and employees were extremely accommodating.
Expensive to have a drink in the lounge though, and no continental breakfast, but having never stayed in Boston before that may be the norm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gramjan55
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and great service provided to you during your most recent stay with us. We always try to do everything we can to ensure that our guests receive enhanced amenities and services while we keep our prices low. We appreciate your comments and will use them in an effort to better our hotel for the future. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again the next time you're in town.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had a trip plan to Boston for three days in late June, but due to an unforeseen problem, I realized I wasn't going to be able to check into the Hotel on my original plan date and wanted to change check in one day later. When I called the reservation desk, I was told that I couldn't amend my reservation for one day later; the hotel was sold out (even though one of those rooms was mine). After some discussion back and forth and my problem not resolved I had no choice but to cancel my reservation....and I informed the hotel reservation employee of this. But the funny part of this story is after indicating that I'm not too happy and I will have to cancel my reservation, I was asked if I wanted to become a Hilton Honors member (believe that’s what it was called), to enjoy all the "perks" of being a member and accumulating points for future stays!! They couldn’t even accommodate my request for the room, why would I ever consider being a member? It’s too bad too; I've stayed at this hotel before and the hotel is quite nice, conveniently located near some of the local attractions. Needless to say, I scheduled/reserved another room at another Boston Hotel which was most accommodating.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank R F
Thank you for your review and I making us aware of this issue with your reservation .This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we would like to extend a personal apology for your staff encounter. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. All of us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay hope to be able to provide you with the service you deserve the next time you stay in Boston. Do not hesitate to call us directly at the hotel for your next reservation.

SW USA
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Loved this Hilton. We stay at many Hiltons throughout the world and this is one of the better ones. Got a Panoramic Room up high which gave great views. Close to the Prudential Center and other places of interest in Boston. The complementary breakfast and snacks for Hilton Honor Members was top notch, free use of computers and printer in lobby. Service was wonderful, the staff attentive. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Boston. We appreciate your business and outstanding comments about our hotel and team that provided excellent service to you! Your loyalty is very important to us and we hope to see you back soon!

Best,
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great location for Boylston and Newbury Streets. Shopping at the Prudentional and Copley Place. Rooms are large with good views of the city and very comfortable. Trolley stop is right across the street and subway station just a short walk. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your 4 star review and for selecting our hotel for your stay in Boston! Our team is looking forward to being at your service on your next visit. We hope that the next time you decide to stay we will WOW you enough for 5 Stars!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This property is in a good location, but there are number of aspects that made my most recent experience less than expected. The building is old and there are simply some things that can't be changed easily. The bathroom is small and the elevators are really slow. The surprisingly disappointing aspects are manageable. The WIFI is expensive (if you don't have Hhonors status), and the service is spotty. The hotel does not have WIFI in the fitness room. The hotel's website indicates it offers HBO, but the TV channel selections are quite limited and they have HBO Family ... not the real thing. Perhaps the most perplexing thing was our multiple attempts to reserve a private meeting room for a team breakfast meeting prior to our business conference. The hotel failed to respond to half a dozen inquiries, and we ended up hosting our breakfast meeting at another hotel property near the convention center. At the very least, it was inconvenient for 10 guests to take taxis across town for this meeting.

Overall, the basics are taken care of. Quality bedding, good housekeeping, and convenient location to shops, restaurants, and entertainment.

Room Tip: High floors at this property have a terrific view of Boston. I found the only downside is the windo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank CBinKC
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy a positive stay. We always try to do everything we can to ensure that our guests receive enhanced amenities and services while we keep our prices low. We're currently doing a revamp of our channel listings which will provide more options for our guests in the near future. I would like to also thank you for bringing your Sales issues to my attention. I have brought this review to our Director of Sale's attention. She would love the opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and I will personally make this up to you. I hope that you decide to give the Hilton Boston Back Bay another try in your future travels.

Warm Regards.
Ambler, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was clean, modern, and pleasant staff. Very comfortable beds. Great location for sightseeing and shopping (easy access to subway Green line). It's across the street from the Prudential Tower. A bit pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We were thrilled to hear that you loved our location for so many reasons and location is so critical in Boston while visiting. Our team takes tremendous pride on our guest comments so I will be able to share it with our entire team! Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Boston Back and I we look forward to welcoming you back soon!