I booked several nights in March 2014 - a good 5 months away. The entire hotel cost went directly on my credit card. I wasn't expecting that - so cancelled my reservation within two days of making it.
When I cancelled - I was charged a $25 booking fee. All cancellations made before "March 2014" are charged this.
1. I understand a cancellation fee- but five months out? And within a day of making the reservation?
2. I did not understand the cost was going to go onto my credit card immediately. I know this can be standard, but I didn't understand that, and didn't read any fine print to point that out. I am saving to make the trip - don't have it all yet!
I'm sure this guest house is lovely, and I hope I may indeed stay there sometime. But - I didn't appreciate the charge, nor the immediate full charge to my credit card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel located in the upscale Back Bay section of Boston. Convenient to all major attractions and public transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Newbury Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newbury Guest House Hotel Boston
- Newbury Bed And Breakfast
- Newbury Guest House Boston