My wife and I checked in at the Newbury Guest House on January 2, 2014 for two days. Boston was hit with the Nor'easter Hercules that day, so our stay was frigid, white, and wintry. The city was pretty much closed down, but the Newbury Guest House is close to everything in the Back Bay area -- restaurants, shops, and sights (a short walk to Trinity Church, Trident Book Store, public transportation, Boston Marathon finish line). The hotel itself is the combination of three old townhouses, and it has a very homey, cozy feel about it. There is a big lobby, free wi-fi, free breakfast at the French crepe restaurant next door, and off-street parking ($20/day). This hotel is a great home base for exploring the city. The room was comfortable, smallish but adequate, with a small bathroom, and typical soaps, shampoos, and air dryer. Not luxurious, but very comfortable. The hotel staff cleaned off our car from all the snow from the storm and shoveled the area where we were parked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel located in the upscale Back Bay section of Boston. Convenient to all major attractions and public transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Newbury Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newbury Guest House Hotel Boston
- Newbury Bed And Breakfast
- Newbury Guest House Boston