“great value”

Hyatt Regency Boston
Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I went through Priceline and got a great deal at the Hyatt by naming my own price. It's a good hotel for crashing for the night when you are sightseeing or on bussiness. The fitness room was great and I loved the steam shower and pool! The sauna was not working. Great location to walk easily to the North End, decent room. The room was clean, comfy enough. Phone did not work. Have to pay for Wireless, so I did without.

Room Tip: Name your own price/Priceline
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Boston

Reviewed 12 September 2011

A high school friend of mine and I pick a different city for an annual 'get together' trip. This year we met in Boston. The Hyatt proved to be the perfect location to see the city. Close to Chinatown and the Theatre district among other things. The local restaurants are splendid. Would recommend to anyone for a perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice location and rooms are fairly well updated. The hotel needs to add room safes for computers and travel documents. The other sore spot for me is the elevators. One is often faced with a long line to get on an elevator and I have been subject to elevator malfunctions three times in the past 18 months.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Phillydunkin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very nice accommodations. Many perks, lots of room. Clean, great buffet. Centrally located. Staff very welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2011

And unfortunately, not in the direction of 'Wow, I can't wait to come back here'. The hotel was in an excellent location for us as we toured Boston for the first time, being situated in the midst of shopping, steps from the subway and at the edge of the Common. While the Regency overall was good and clean, the housekeeping was spotty. Dirty glasses left behind, sheets not renewed when requested and other small things that don't measure up to the standard of a hotel like this. All the staff we interacted with were lovely and helpful. The room mini bar can't hold anything you might want to keep cold - you have to ask for an additional refrigerator. There are no vending machines, only a Gift Shop in the lobby where a bottle of water and a soda will set you back $7.50. You get a sense of being nickeled and dimed here. It's a good thing there are options within walking distance such as a cute little coffee shop, a Dunkin Donuts and a wine store. So, with a little planning and forethought you can avoid senseless costs.
I believe that staying at a nice hotel should offer many of the things this hotel does, but what would make me come back would be if the details were more tangible. I would have much rather had the convenience of getting a soda steps from my room, than TWO doormen greeting me each day as I left or returned. In my opinion, customer service is the whole package of the product delivered and how it is done. The Regency clearly ensures their staff know how to approach customers, but I left wishing I had been taken care of a little better.

Room Tip: Ask if you don't like something; I wish I had about our view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The location is great the the doorman & valet parking people are top-notch; very attentive and helpful. I would give 5-stars in those areas.
However, for the price paid, we expected an IMPECCABLE room, and that's not what we got. Everything was just so-so; nothing special. The beds were small, somewhat comfortable, but nothing said "high-end luxury" except for the price!
To top it off, our bathroom had two unsightly problems that really should have been fixed before renting the room to anyone (and we stayed on a weekday night, so it's not like they were SO full that they HAD to use that room). We had just finished the "Freedom Trail" by foot and were sore, weary, and had to figure out where to get boarding passes printed out before getting cleaned up for dinner with friends, so no, we didn't re-pack all of our belongings and drag everything down to the 3rd floor reception area to ask for a different room. No time or energy to tell them how to do their job; as they shouldn't have put anyone in a room that was not up to par in the first place.
According to the hotel website, they have "Business Services" but nothing about printing documents, so we had to walk to the nearest UPS store to get it done - AFTER paying another $9.95 to the Hyatt Regency for internet. Geesh! Even hotels that charge half what you do come with free internet these days; what's up with that Haytt?
They also kept all the hallways uncomfortably COLD; we dreaded the walk from our room to the elevator. Bottom line, we felt we didn't get the high-end luxury experience we paid for, and we'd look elsewhere if staying in Boston again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ciel_M
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed for one night. Great location but quality of room wasn't worth the price. Also no wifi; which I haven't experienced at any of the other hotels I sttayed at in Boston. Room service for breakfast was poor. Burnt soggy toast and tasteless homefries.

Not a bad experience but for the money you can do much better in the theatre district.

• Stayed: September 2011