Hyatt Regency Boston
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$227
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
US$407
US$354
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$277
US$440
US$360
  • Room Service
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$151
US$394
US$333
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$242
4,150 results
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown crossingstreet levelthe theater districtfreedom trailsouth stationstate houseguest roomsfitness centercorner roomparking garagefaneuil hallquincy marketearly checkfew blocksking bedhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've stayed here twice, both times on points so can't comment on value. The first time we got one of the suite style rooms which was particularly nice, but the regular rooms are nice too. Very nice staff. Some good views depending on which way your room faces. Great location for theater going and also Chinatown. It can be noisy - even on the 20th floor, but that seems typical for being right in the heart of the city. We ordered room service breakfast which was pretty good and came quickly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura G
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Hi lbg217, Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Boston during both of your visits to downtown Boston! We certainly are fortunate to have an amazing location with Boston sites, theatres, and restaurants in abundance. I'm so glad that our in-room dining was to your expectations and was delivered quickly! We look forward to welcoming you back, soon! Best, Emily

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was here for 2 nights. My room was facing a courtyard so it was quiet. I got free Internet because I'm a platinum member. There was no water, nothing else I got with my elite membership. I was told the king room I asked for is not ready. Fine, I settle for a double. Wouldn't you know it! Bed Bugs at the HR!! Guggenheim! This was an old hotel that got somewhat renovated (used to be called Lafayette) hence on the street it was named after. The rooms are facing inward like apartments if you know what I mean. So it's not that quiet. The housekeepers slams the doors almost on purpose. I asked the front desk if I can get a different room, Emily (she wrote her name on my key card envelope) told me none was available so therefore I'm stuck in this buggy room. I then slept on the other bed since I had a double. Good thing, that was fine. But too late I had bug marks on them. I know bed bugs mark cuz I had stayed at what I thought was a nice hotels (don't be fooled even 4&5 star hotels got bugs) and got bitten badly. Had my doctor checked them out. Anyway, bugs means the rooms are not clean, mattresses need to be replaced,I'm bringing my UV light and kit next time. The housekeeping staff are loud!!! Hyatt Regency has bed bugs !!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank hrdabster
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi hrdabster, On behalf of Hyatt Regency Boston, please allow me to reach out to you regarding your stay at our property. We take any allegation of bed bugs very seriously. Once we learned of your concerns, we immediately removed the room from service and contacted a nationally recognized pest control expert to conduct a thorough examination of your guestroom. That examination failed to find any trace of bed bugs. The safety of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are top priorities. We pride ourselves on working to ensure that each Hyatt guest enjoys a safe, clean and comfortable environment in our hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me directly at your convenience, qualitybosto@hyatt.com Warm wishes, Emily

Reviewed 19 November 2013

OK - so I do stay here fairly frequently, so can't totally pan this hotel. It's by far better than the Hyatt in Cambridge. The lobby renovation is great - nice, bright and airy. The front desk staff and very friendly and helpful. It's the rooms that really let this hotel down. They are dark, small and the bathrooms are tiny. I know I shouldn't expect more from a city hotel, but as this one usually clocks in over $300 a night, I do. I'm a business traveler, and wish there was a better Hyatt choice in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank raverusa

Hi raverusa, Thank you for being a valued Hyatt guest and taking the time to post about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. I am thrilled to hear that your interactions with our associates and the service that they provided were noteworthy. We are working hard to match our guestrooms to the quality of our associates, making them more comfortable and more in-line with our guest expectations with room renovations coming 2014. Please be in touch during your next visit to Boston. We’ll strive to ensure that you won’t want to stay anywhere else. Best, Emily

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was pretty disappointed with this stay - this hotel has been here quite a while in different guises (formerly Swiss Hotel) and was once truly a luxury stay. Not anymore. My room (here for a conference) was ok in size but truly in need of a makeover - dated, and a bit shabby quite frankly. Heating needed a call to the engineer to get it working. Staff were friendly enough, location is ok - but an be a little sketchy at night this end of downtown crossing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Alan P

Hi apelzsharpe, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing convenient, comfortable and exceptional service. It may be of interest to you that our guestrooms will be undergoing a complete renovation come 2014. We hope to welcome you back soon to let us know what you think! Best, Emily

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just got back from a weeks vacation in Boston and really enjoyed the whole trip.

A big part of the experience was the hotel which we found to be in just the right location as a few minutes walk you could be right in the middle of the city. Read a few reviews of the hotel and had a few worries but to be honest it was perfect and honestly could not have been better.

When you arrive you do have a funny short lift ride to take to the main lobby from which you can get to the main lifts to the rooms, reception, bar and restaurant. I actually felt this worked very well as it felt very secure and safe as people would not just be walking in off the street.

All the staff were very polite and extremely helpful and coming from the UK we are just never sure if people are being like this because they want too or looking to earn a tip. We both said a number of times that we felt the staff were being very genuine which made it much more relaxing, especially as this was a vacation and not a business trip.

Breakfast was fantastic as you could order off a menu or go up to the buffet...as many times as you like with plenty of Juice and coffee brought to your table. The choice was just right between fruit, cereal, bread and hot food plus a pancake and egg station. We filled up at breakfast and found we pretty much went through to dinner without needing anything else as it was so filling.

The Gym was good, pretty busy very early morning so if we left it until about 8:00ish then pretty much had access to all the equipment we needed without having to wait. We were going to use the pool and steam room but just ran out of time as each day was spent walking to all the sites we wanted to visit.

The bar area was nice as well with plenty of cocktails for the wife and different beers on tap for me. They also have a good selection of bar food which we did on the last evening as had to be up very early for the flight home and didn't want to over do it.

The hotels location was perfect for us as we could walk to any part of Boston with ease and as someone else said you only really need to use other transport if the weather is bad or you don't want to walk that far but we found we could get around really easily.

Would recommend a trip down to Quincy market, great place to just walk around, have a drink and some food as almost every type of food you can imagine is for sale in the food court. We got home and just wanted to go back and get a take out....bit far to go from London.

We would highly recommend the hotel as we could not fault it at all and all the staff really helped to make it an enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor so you can get a better view and try to stay away from being too close to the lifts of course!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello pm7757, Thank you so much for your kind, five-star review! We pride ourselves in providing authentic hospitality to each and every guest and are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay and were able to take advantage of our superb location! We look forward to welcoming you back. Best, Emily