“Very good central location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Boston
Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, United States
“Very good central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Located in the center of activities and near subway system which covers all of the area and within walking distance of many attractions. Very helpful and courteous staff which assisted in arranging the tours, dinner reservations etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Joe D., thank you for your review! At Hyatt Regency Boston we pride ourselves in providing authentic hospitality. In addition to enjoying our central location I was thrilled to see that you were able to experience our talent’s hospitality while arranging things to do in the city! We do hope you visit us again. Thank you again for the review and I hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer. Best, Sarah.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed one night here before a flight out of Boston. Rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. Our first time doing the " secret hotel" on travelocity and it did not disappoint. Other than he parking. We ended up doing self park (not operated by rhe hotel) at $35 instead of valet (hotel oerated) at $50. We did not try the restaurants. Location was easy shot to the airport and the hotel desk had printed directions making it clear.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sleeper22
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Sleeper 22, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! We are happy to hear you had such a great visit and enjoyed our downtown Boston location with close proximity to the airport as well as minutes from local attractions. Next time you stay with us make sure to stop by Avenue One for a delicious meal utilizing natural and local ingredients to start your day of exploration on the right foot! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again, soon! Best, Sarah.
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Apparently there were not a lot of rooms available in town so I paid over $600/night for a standard room. Stayed two nights on a business trip.

The first night I checked in and dropped my bags in the room and went out to dinner with some colleagues. When I came back after dinner I went to brush my teeth and then go to bed. When I went in the bathroom, I noticed that there was hair in the sink. Then I noticed a used shower cap hanging on the door. And some spots on the mirror. So they didn't do any kind of a good job cleaning. Ewww. I did wonder what else they didn't clean. Since it was late, however I didn't want to deal with this, and decided to go to sleep and deal with it in the morning. I got up and when I was leaving the hotel I told the front desk in detail about what I found in the room. The front desk clerk said the room would get a thorough cleaning and a manager would give it a walk through.

That day I again came back to the hotel late after dinner. I noticed the sink and mirror were clean. However the used shower cap was still hanging on the door. I did see a note with a chocolate and a coupon for a pastry or other incidental.

I appreciated the gesture but if I very specifically tell the front desk about what they did wrong, can't they get it right? And this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Why are dirty rooms being provided. I don't want to be looking at someone's used shower cap, hair and who knows what else.

Oh, and the box spring on the bed was worn out and creaked loudly whenever moving in the bed.

For over $600/night. No thanks. Get your act together Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FastEddddie
Fasteddddie, thank you for the feedback. On behalf of our entire management team we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the condition of your guestroom. This is unacceptable and we would like to assure you that this is not typical. We are addressing this internally to ensure our teams are following proper procedures. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future so we have the opportunity to win you over. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again, soon. Best, Sarah.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. Everything was good. I got a reasonable price on Priceline. The location is good. Close to everything. We were able to walk to most attractions. Room was clean. Nice staff and service. Hotel parking is not cheap though.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
AngelHao, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our central location putting you minutes from the best shops, restaurants, and museums that Boston has to offer! We are going to be undergoing a complete rooms renovation beginning this November, we hope you will be able to come back to experience the hotel once the renovation is complete! Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah.
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spouse gave me tickets to a show and a night in a hotel for as a special gift. Parking was included in the hotel rate. We drove in and followed the giant sign into the adjacent garage that said "Hyatt Parking Garage." When we got inside the hotel we asked about having the parking ticket validated, and they said, no, we HAD to use the valet service. Okay. Fine. Schlep back out to the garage to get the car. Drive OUT and around the block to the valet entrance. They take my keys and a tip. When my spouse got out of the passenger side at our next stop (in the next state), she noticed a big dent in the door that had not been there the day before.

For the first few days as we pursued a resolution, the hotel kept insisting that it was a separate business, as though that somehow made it not their problem, even though my interaction with the parking situation was done entirely through Hyatt, and has Hyatt's name and logo all over it. Finally I got in touch with Jeff, who is "Director of Rooms" at the hotel. To his credit, he went to bat for me and tried to get the issue resolved. He appeared to be the only one who understood the seriously bad nature of this customer experience.

In the end, though, it was not enough. I've been back and forth on this for two months now. After jumping through a whole bunch of hoops, visits to the body shop, conversations with the parking company's insurance company ... no dice. Claim denied.

This experience completely overshadows the rest of the encounter with the hotel. Nothing else about this or any other Hyatt is relevant to me at this point because basically we paied $250 to get $1,000 worth of damage done to our car and a huge hassle on top of it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony S
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello, Tony S, Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Our sincerest apologies for the stress that ensued after your stay and for the parking difficulties. I can assure you that this certainly is not indicative of Hyatt service nor our authentic hospitality. I know that our Rooms Director is aware and currently addressing the situation. Certainly, we are all willing to help in any way that we can for a proper and complete resolution. Please be in touch should you wish to discuss this matter further. All my best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location of hotel is really good. You can go to wherever you want to.... The hotel staff are pretty kind and helpful. In addition, the room was also pretty clean and cozy. If there are complimentary breakfast and shuttle from/to airport, it is perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Soo Chang H
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello, Soo Chang H, Thank you so much for your "5-star" review. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our location, rooms and swift assistance from our team. We offer many different room packages, some of which include complimentary breakfast. Please be in touch the next time you are in town, we'd be happy to assist with booking to ensure a breakfast meal. We hope your travels bring you back to Boston and our hotel soon! All my best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com
Ridgefield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

In downtown Boston, close to Boston Common, restaurants, attractions, the T -- and yet, comfortable and serene. Perfect location to take in Boston sights, game at Fenway, JFK museum. Welcoming, helpful staff made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maureen D
Hello, Maureen D, Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and review your experience at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are thrilled that you chose our conveniently located downtown Boston home. We have to agree that our hotel balances the perfect blend of serenity and vibrancy, and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our local attractions, including Fenway Park and the JFK museum. I will be sure to pass on the positive comments to our staff members. We hope to see you again next time you’re in Boston! Best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com