“Great upscale lodging”

GreenLeadersGold level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great upscale lodging”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Boston on a business trip and it provided everything needed for quick trip. It was an accessible location and had comfortable beds. It was hard to find the front lobby from the road, but once I found the lobby I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and inviting it is.I did not pay for my room personally and I probably wouldn't stay here again on vacation, as the prices are pretty high. I would recommend to anyone who is traveling for business or can afford the high price per night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello dzeedar, thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Boston. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location as well as the comfort of your Hyatt Grand Bed. Next time you stay with us make sure to speak with our award-winning concierge team for amazing restaurant and attraction suggestions in order to experience Boston as a local. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah. qualitybosto@hyatt.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Austin, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is not only old and outdated, the service is a complete disaster. The front desk check-in process is horrible and the staff is flat out "unconcerned and rude". The woman that checked me in would not even look at me as she treated me like I was a bother. They did not have the bed I wanted and she went on to say "We're always busy and when you're busy, this happens". No lie. I was speechless. So basically what you're saying is that when you use the Hyatt name you can treat the customer like crap and they'll just take it? I'm done with them.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Eric N., thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. On behalf of the entire management team I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon check-in, this is unacceptable. I would like to assure you that I passed along your feedback to the correct department to ensure that this is immediately evaluated. We would like to hear about the issues you faced in further detail, if you have time, please reach out to us directly. Thank you again for your review. Best, Sarah. qualitybosto@hyatt.com.
Konigswinter, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for six nights on a business trip.
The experience was mixed.

Pre-Arrival: I had asked for packages to be shipped to me at the hotel address and that worked flawlessly. They were held at concierge and I could pick them up on arrival. Very good.

Location: Downtown very convenient, one block away from a subway station, post office right across the street, close to Boston Common, walking distance to most financial district offices. Macy's is in the same block. About $25 to $30 cab ride from Logan airport.

Check-In: Quick.

Room: Standard room, reasonably large and clean, desk to work at, seats to sit down, rack for the suitcase, bathroom with the usual amenities. It was also kept clean during the week. Not luxurious in any way. No surprises good or bad. The safe deposit box opens with your room key card, which on the one hand is very convenient, on the other hand not really safe: If someone gets hold of your key card, they automatically have access to your valuables as well. Very good large bed, slept very well.

Elevators: Sometimes a bit of a wait. You had to change elevators at the lobby level which I found a bit inconvenient.

Pricing: At $400 (including taxes) you really expect that wifi was included (and not another $10+ per day), also breakfast not included at that price.

Billing: My secretary has been trying for weeks now to get an invoice from them with the right company address (I didn't have the details with me when I checked out), and they are not responding to emails. Very unprofessional and I have to wait to be re-imbursed for my trip expenses until this is cleared up.

Will I stay there on my next trip to Boston? Probably not. There are so many alternatives that one doesn't have to put up with this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Travelling-Wolfgang, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and that the check-in process was quick and efficient. However, I am sorry to hear that no one has been able to get back to you regarding an invoice, please reach out to me directly and I will be sure to track this down for you. Thank you again for your review. Best, Sarah. sarah.davison@hyatt.com.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As Above very nice hotel in a great location. Easy to get around. Nice staff.
Biggest thing going for it is its location, theater district
Easy to get on expressway and get to the airport, only 10 min at 3 am .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fred060901, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are happy to hear that you loved our convenient location, minutes from famous area attractions such as the Boston Common, Newbury Street, and Faneuil Hall. Next time you stay with us be sure to stop by Avenue One Express for a freshly brewed cup of Starbucks coffee to rejuvenate prior to exploring the city. Thank you again for your review! We hope to see you soon. Best, Sarah. qualitybosto@hyatt.com.
New York, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent experience - I am used to staying in boutique 5 star hotels when traveling and I found this to be very a positive experience - much more than I would have expected from a Hyatt. I will return. Also very thoughtful towards travelers with infants!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Brita G., thank you for reviewing your recent visit! We are happy to hear that the authentic hospitality of our team provided you with a positive experience when staying in the city with your family! Please reach out the next time you are visiting Boston and let us know your personal preferences, we will be sure to make a note to your reservation. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon! Best, Sarah. qualitybosto@hyatt.com
North Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt for two night with family. Check in was a breeze....done very quickly. Staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. We were seeing Phantom at the Boston Opera house and the hotel is literally down the street in viewing distance....sooo convenient!! I was a little disappointed in the elevators....if we weren't on the 11th floor, I would have used the stairs each time....they were painfully slow. The beds were not as comfortable as we would have liked, but the room was very clean and we were very pleased with our stay. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Boston!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi DeeDee1475, thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Boston. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to the Boston Opera House as well as minutes from other famous area attractions. However, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced regarding the speed of the elevators. You will be happy to hear that this is something our team is currently working on! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon! Best, Sarah.
Boston, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Front desk staff did not communicate with guests about problems with reservation system that were preventing check-in, I had to find out about it from other guests, and did not have any concern for guests' plights. Totally uncommunicative. In-room internet was ridiculously expensive.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Roland H., thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit. On behalf of the entire management team I would like to apologize for the lack of communication and inconveniences you experienced upon your arrival.We have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments and have implemented a new communications plan for our team in situations such as this. We would like to hear more about your stay and the issues you faced, if you have time, please reach out to us directly. Thank you again for your review. Best, Sarah. qualitybosto@hyatt.com.