I have never been moved to write a review prior to this stay. I had high hopes upon seeing the lobby, which is something in and of itself.
Hopes were quickly dashed upon arriving at my room, which was claustrophobic in scale and had more layers of paint on the trim and doors than a dilapidated college apartment rental. The bath tub was ancient and streaked with yellow.
The real justification for 1 star was not visual, however, but audible. Despite specifically requesting a quiet room, I was immediately besieged by a cacophony of noise. Noise from the street, even on the 5th floor. Noise from the slow and painfully rattling air conditioning system, loud enough to prevent me from being able to use it overnight. And most bothersome of all, noise from anything any of my neighbors did, either in the hallway or in their own rooms. The walls are so paper thin that an adjacent room's wake up call had me reaching for my phone to answer it. Every text message received, toilet flushed, or shower taken by those in rooms around me reverberated in my own room louder than I ever thought could be possible. And I have spent many years living amongst the noise of New York, so that is a claim I do not make lightly.
As someone who craves quiet for sleep, this was hands down the single worst hotel experience of my extensively travelled life. I imagine staying in a hostel would have been more restful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont