“Noisy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reno, Nevada
“Noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for conference. Like all fairmont sit was thin walls and noisy. But the traffic outside kept me awake. The concierge was busy making personal calls while I was waiting. Attended the conference. The glass had old lipstick on it. Only saving grace was my room was changed away from traffic. No complaints about location and ambiance.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jreno1
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I have shared your comments with our Hotel Manager, as well as our Director of Rooms, in order to facilitate further review.

Thank you, again, for your post.

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsingborg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel was fantastic!
Good location, beautiful rooms, professional staff.
Everything was perfect!
Would strongly recommend you to stay at this hotel next time you are visiting Boston.
Boston is a great city to visit!

1 Thank LINDA_WIQVIST
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello Linda,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay - especially that, in your words, "everything was perfect!" Thank you, again, for your post and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went with my brother in November to a Boston Trip. This hotel is beautiful and at Christmas time is even nicer.

Our room was very nice with all the things you expect when staying at a Fairmont.

Location is in the middle of town and we were able to walk everywhere easily. Valet Parking will run you about $50 dollars a day so its best to keep the car parked and walk.

Looking forward to staying again in the fall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ATDELTAHOTELS
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you and your brother enjoyed your visit, from our central location to your well-appointed guest room. Thank you, again, for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I stayed on the Gold Floor for the Boston Marathon long weekend. The Gold floor concierge/service personnel are truly exceptional; each one is sweeter, friendlier and more helpful than the last. While the hotel physical plant is "older", built in 1912, the exceptional service from the Fairmont Gold staff at Copley Plaza more than compensate and made this a truly memorable stay, for a truly memorable event (the 2014 Boston Marathon).

Room Tip: Gold Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your visit over Marathon weekend - certainly one of the most exciting times to be in Boston! In particular, it's great to hear that you found my colleagues friendly and helpful, and the team on Fairmont Gold "exceptional." Thank you, again, for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I have never been moved to write a review prior to this stay. I had high hopes upon seeing the lobby, which is something in and of itself.

Hopes were quickly dashed upon arriving at my room, which was claustrophobic in scale and had more layers of paint on the trim and doors than a dilapidated college apartment rental. The bath tub was ancient and streaked with yellow.

The real justification for 1 star was not visual, however, but audible. Despite specifically requesting a quiet room, I was immediately besieged by a cacophony of noise. Noise from the street, even on the 5th floor. Noise from the slow and painfully rattling air conditioning system, loud enough to prevent me from being able to use it overnight. And most bothersome of all, noise from anything any of my neighbors did, either in the hallway or in their own rooms. The walls are so paper thin that an adjacent room's wake up call had me reaching for my phone to answer it. Every text message received, toilet flushed, or shower taken by those in rooms around me reverberated in my own room louder than I ever thought could be possible. And I have spent many years living amongst the noise of New York, so that is a claim I do not make lightly.

As someone who craves quiet for sleep, this was hands down the single worst hotel experience of my extensively travelled life. I imagine staying in a hostel would have been more restful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Cakkc
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I have shared your post with our Director of Rooms, as well as our Hotel Manager, for further review.

Merrick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Check in and out were a breeze staff very personal able hotel was very charming felt very at home loved the room had everything we needed great decor . From New York now will be spending more time in Boston

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your post. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit - and that we may have converted you into a Boston fan! I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. Thank you, again.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Loved the location. Easy to get around and see the highlights of Boston on a short time schedule
The room was on the small side, and hallway noise was a little loud
The concierge was great with helping to get baseball tickets

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business