“Lovely Hotel, excellent service”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Lovely Hotel, excellent service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my birthday and it is just lovely. The lobby is very elegant and the room we had was great with a terrific view of Copley Plaza. The hotel staff was very courteous and accommodating, and everything was super clean and well maintained. We would definitely stay there again. Our only issue was with the other guests, who did not have any respect for the other guests and thought it was appropriate to have a cell phone conversation in the hallway at 1:30 a.m. instead of staying in their room or walking downstairs. It would have been helpful to have some sort of hotel security walking around the floors to get rid of the person, instead of having to say something to the person myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I do apologize for the disturbance by another guest, and I'd like to take this opportunity to assure you that we do have a full security team on call 24/7. I hope in the future you will feel comfortable alerting the Front Desk to this kind of disturbance. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Clean, friendly, comfortable, very nice location. My room was on the court side, very quiet. TV with many choices.
The only bad thing is internet is not included, not even in the lounge, and costs plus 13$/day. I did not see this information in the site when I did the reservation.

1 Thank Raquel I
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Raquel,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit overall, from your quiet guest room to our central location. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that WIFI is complimentary for members of our loyalty program, Fairmont Presidents Club, which is also free to join and includes many additional benefits. I do apologize if this information was not communicated to you, and I will personally review the reservation portion of our website to ensure it is clarified. Thank you, again, for your post.

Mullica Hill
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The staff at the Fairmont Copley Plaza were friendly and welcoming. My wife and I stayed for 6 nights while I attended a conference at the hotel. The gold floor was a wonderful experience and we will be back.

Ballarat
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great Hotel in the center of Boston - surrounded by good restaurants , shopping (including high end boutique) within a few blocks and best of all - picturesque buildings with great architecture everywhere.
Loved the Revolution History walks just minutes away from the Hotel, and sitting in the close by park on a sunny day

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Chris,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit - especially our central location and our neighborhood's stunning architecture. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Boston again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I'm a frequent traveler to Boston and stayed here once. The hotel and lobby area are beautiful, what you would expect from a Fairmont. My big complaint was that the room was small and there is a big gap between the floor and the door so you hear absolutely everything in the hallway. It was particularly noisy when I stayed and it feels like people are walking through the middle of your room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While it appears you enjoyed our central location and public areas, I'm disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by noise from other guests. I do hope that you shared this information with my colleagues during your visit, as we would have been happy to accommodate a room move or address the noisy guests in person. We appreciate your comments and I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to "wow" you on your next trip to Boston. Thank you, again.

Rye Brook
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Excellent hotel for your stay in Boston.The Gold Room was a home away from home setting. The location was great because Boston is a walkable town,and its close to the Prudential Center, as well as a 30 minute walk to the North End.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Beautiful and historic hotel in a great area of Boston. Restored, modern, large guest rooms. Quiet!. Hotel dogs greet guests (especially kids) and are a great touch. Excellent staff. "Happening" bar; may be too much for some. Great spaces for small meetings with catering services that are fantastic (MUCH better food than we had a one of the local "classic" restaurants!). Only one caution: Many of the rooms have a view of another part of the hotel…about 30 feet away; not romantic. If that's important to you, talk to the clerk at check in.

Hello Richard,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our central location and excellent staff, to the meeting spaces and modern guest rooms. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon!