“Beautiful hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, Ny
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed for a work conference, so didn't mind the cost (I wasn't paying). Beautiful, clean, spacious room. Nice fitness center. Yummy food at the conference. Friendly, knowledgeable, efficient staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The Fairmont Copely Plaza is a Grand Hotel. Opened in 1912, it exudes the style, elegance and opulence of its time.

We stayed here for a week and explored Boston from this ideal setting on Copely Square. The T (underground) is very close, as is the rail station if visiting New York. Boston is easy to get around and the Fairmont provided a luxurious base.

There are many restaurants near by, and the Hotel long bar is a comfortable place to dine.

The room was large, with a walk in closet and king size bed. The Bathroom was a little on the small side but perfectly functional.

The staff were professional, friendly and could not have been more helpful. Room service was courteous and prompt and the meals as described in the menu.

The Public Library and Trinity Church on the Square are a must see and less than a two minute walk from the front door.

We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello John,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your trip to Boston, with us as your "luxurious" home base! In particular, it's great to hear that you found my colleagues "professional, friendly" and helpful. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here for business for a week, and there's no doubt that this hotel is situated in the perfect location bordering the Copley square. The Boston public library and trinity church are adjacent to it. There's farmer's market in the summer on Tuesdays, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. There are also many rotating food trucks that are nearby during lunch and dinner times.

The outside and inside of the hotel are very grand and elegant... lots of crystal chandeliers, high coffered ceilings, italian marble everywhere- simply gorgeous. The staff appeared friendly. The living area of the room was a decent size and bed was comfortable, but I found the bathroom was a bit small with the door opening right up to the bathtub. All in all a decent room for fairmont. Wifi will cost you, but signup for their membership for free wifi in all their chains. It's free and definitely worth the savings because those wifi bills can rack up!

A pretty good stay overall but not sure if I wouldve picked it if I didn't have a conference in the hotel itself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jasminscent
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I understand why they call it the Grand Dame of Boston hotels....very elegant, charming hotel. Service and courtesy by all the staff was consistent...surrounded by beautiful buildings and churches, and a small park across the street - perfect for a visit to Boston.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TampaAbuela
Ashton, MD
Reviewed 7 July 2014

There is no doubt that this is a grand hotel -- or once was. It has a great presence on Copley Plaza and a spectacular lobby. The staff is very professional and helpful. There is a large, classy bar that attracts non-hotel guests. My room was spacious, well appointed, and quiet. The location is great.

On the negative side, not enough attention is paid to details and I was annoyed by the a la carte fees for items that are freebies in many hotels. Although I don't consider myself to be a cleanliness freak, I did notice a long hair on the toilet, another on the sink, and one (inexplicibly) at the six foot mark on the doorframe. They supplied only one bath towel, which I consider stingy since I am a runner and often take two showers a day. One of the hand towels had a stain on it. The bathroom had a scale but it was old and innaccurate.The iPod dock on the clock radio didn't work.The doors have intricate molding but they have been painted over so many times they have lost their distinction.

Internet/wifi is available but it will cost you. I was pleased to find bottled water near the coffeemaker but taken aback by the $7.00 charge to drink it.

In sum, this is potentially a fine hotel that has lost its shine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rahsaan
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I'm pleased you found our staff so helpful and our location great, I'm disappointed that we missed the mark on a few things during your visit. I have shared your post with our Director of Rooms, as your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our Housekeeping colleagues. In addition, I would like to point out that WIFI is complimentary for members of our loyalty program, Fairmont President's Club, which is also free to join and includes many other attractive benefits. Thank you, again for your post.

Pittsfield
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great hotel, the staff is wonderful. Alejandro, Zach and John are the best! Jennifer is always so helpful at the front desk. So nice to have staff remember you. The location of this hotel could not be better, short walk to great shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Hello Kim,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your multiple stays - in particular, that my colleagues have made such a lasting impression! I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. Thank you, again, and we look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Boston Copley Plaza for three nights and we couldn't have had a more wonderful time. Hotel staff, property and location are amazing. We most particularly enjoyed the old-world feel to this landmark hotel. You can't do any better in Boston!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Stanley,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your visit, from my helpful colleagues to our historic grandeur. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you both back soon!