I had an opportunity to spend three nights at the Fairmont Copley Plaza the second week in July for a business conference.
Prior to arrival, I was worried that the 100+ year-old hotel wouldn't fit with my taste; that it would be formal, stodgy, and uncomfortable.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
The recent renovation of the rooms brought this grand dame perfectly into 2014. I found the styling to be classic, but modern - complete with a 50" flat-panel HDTV, speedy WiFi (free with membership in the President Club loyalty program), and a nicely-appointed bathroom. Some of the small touches were also appreciated: glazed windows to block noise outside, a rain-style shower head with good pressure, and a good size closet.
Downstairs, the lobby looks every bit as ornate as you'd expect from a hotel this age. Fairmont has done a nice job modernizing certain seating areas and bringing some of their signature service amenities to the forefront. I loved meeting "Cate," Copley Plaza's lobby-dog, who was friendly and a nice escape from the usual business regimen.
The location of the property cannot be beat. You're in walking distance of Back Bay's best restaurants and attractions. Other Boston sightseeing is a short cab ride away.
Give the Fairmont Copley Plaza a second look before jumping to a stereotype conclusion; I'm glad I did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont