“Beautiful”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were there for our 40th anniversary. The location could not have been more convenient to the T, the trolley tours, duck tours, shopping, Newberry St., Public Gardens, restaurants, you name it. The Copley plaza is a gorgeous building facing Copley Square. Service is impeccable and the staff are very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Catie Copley, the resident black lab is sweet and has the lush life! I would definitely return given the chance.

Huge tip: the new Logan Express buses stop in front also every 20 minutes from 5am on. $5 pp will get you there in 20 minutes.

Room Tip: We had a Jr. Suite on the interior overlooking the hvac. No view, but we were not spending time in t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jprichmondva
Write a ReviewReviews (3,253)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Location Location Location! enjoy the best of Boston from this wonderful hotel, within walking distance from numerous historical sights, the Public Library and Newbury street restaurants, shoppings and people watching. Farmers Market sets up directly across from hotel entrance, great bar in lobby attentive staff.

Room Tip: ask for outside room for a view. lots of rooms on the inside facing each other :(
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank budbeerman
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your post. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Boston, from our central location to our attentive staff. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

That's the best feature of the hotel--location. can't get any more central. Walk to everything, T station practically outside the front door. The hotel itself is fine, as my expectations are already high for Fairmont. Very professional staff. The building is historic, and clearly many stories to tell. I thought the bathroom was a little dated, and really no view to speak of--except other guests' windows, if you are into that. Asked for late checkout, but they wouldn't even do an extra hour, even though I frequent Fairmonts from time to time. But overall a pleasant experience, just didn't completely wow me.

1  Thank tshsu777

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased you enjoyed our central location, I am disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on a few things during your stay. I have shared your post with our Director of Rooms, in order to review your comments with the Housekeeping and Front Office teams. Thank you, again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great location. Recently renovated and it shows in a wonderful way. Staff very welcoming. Received complimentary upgrade to gold level which was lovely. Sumptuous breakfast. This hotel is well worth the reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I love the location, cleanliness, decor and professionalism of staff. The rooms are spacious and inviting. The beds are extremely comfortable and lines so soft. I stayed at the Westin as well as Lowes but Farimont is by far my favorite hotel in Boston.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We visited the Fairmont Copley with our two toddlers. Prior to our arrival we made quite a few requests to help make the trip more comfortable for our family and our son who has a severe peanut allergy. Every single request was taken care and we could not have been more grateful. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. And old world feel with a modern update. We stayed in the Museum of Science suite and it was spectacular. Plenty of room for the four of us. We enjoyed relaxing on the big purple couch after a day of sight seeing. The true highlight of our trip was seeing Catie and Carly Copley in the lobby while coming and going. They were both very sweet and very gentle. And you could tell how much the staff enjoyed having them around. The location was excellent and very convenient. Although Copley Square is very loud. And while it was not an issue for us, it may be for other travelers. So I thought I would mention.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with a view of Copley Square and it was very loud. We heard everything from p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from our central location to the warm and accommodating service from our staff. We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I work in Copley Square, and had team meetings and events after work, so I got a hotel room here on a Tuesday night. I have picked up my bus across the street from the Fairmont for years, and was always impressed by its outside appearance. The interior did not disappoint - it's beautiful, elegant, and well-staffed. The room itself left a bit to be desired.

I checked in early afternoon before returning to my office. The front desk staff was very prompt and courteous, as they were this morning when I checked out.

The room itself was spacious, and at one point, very elegantly appointed. I was in a King junior suite, which featured a king size bed, sitting area, and a large bathroom with separate tub and shower. The decor in the room was attractive, but there were stains and marks on almost everything. There was a large stain on the carpet in the middle of the sitting area (which had absolutely no view from the windows, which was fine for me since I work in the area), multiple stains on the couch in the sitting area, and what looked like chocolate residue and crumbs on the bench at the end of the bed.

My husband found some trash that was sitting in between the wall and bedside table when we were trying to find plugs for our cell phones. I was surprised at the condition of the room and some of the furniture (the dresser in the room was really beat up looking) because I seem to remember this hotel being renovated recently.

When my husband and I returned to my room around 9:30pm, we noticed there were no bottles of water anywhere, even in the mini fridge. My husband called down to the front desk to see if we were supposed to have anything in the room, and the front desk girl said she thought so, wasn't sure, and if there wasn't we should call room service. It was frustrating, and not wanting to wait and pay extra for someone to just bring us some water, we ended up just drinking tap water. We ordered breakfast in the morning, and thought it was overpriced even by Boston standards - $96 for 2 American breakfasts (juice, coffee, eggs, bacon and toast) and one bowl of fresh fruit, plus delivery charge/tax/gratuity.

Overall, it's a beautiful hotel in a great location, but I was expecting more. I've had better stays elswehere in Boston, and I was glad that this was a company paid expense. Next time I stay in Boston for work or just for fun, I would not likely book this hotel again.

1  Thank SaraBoston

Hello Sara,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on a few things during your stay. I'd like to assure you that your post has been shared with our Director of Rooms, in order to facilitate further internal review of standards with our colleagues. Thank you, again, for your post.