“Friendly Fairmont”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I spent 2 night at the Copley Square Fairmont and really enjoyed the property and location. This was out first visit to Boston and I feel that the location is perfect.
The service was top-notch and the bed was super comfy. Booking via our Virtuoso travel agent in Toronto (The Travel Network), we were entitled to a 2 category upgrade which was a nice touch. The concierge was very helpful in getting us Red Sox ticket options, and helping us with city tour ideas as well. We took the Trolley Bus tour which was perfect for our first day.
The Oak Room Bar is a fantastic room where breakfast is served in the am and at night, turns into an amazing restaurant/bar. Overall excellent service and food quality.
I would return here the next time I am in the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello Charles,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from the "top-notch" service to your comfortable guest room. I am so pleased that our Concierge team was able to take such great care of you as well. Thank you for your post and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Wow! The photos of this hotel do not do it justice! It is simply breathtaking! The service was excellent and our room was beautiful with a view of Copley Plaza. The Oak Bar was exquisite with a great selection of summer cocktails. I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much I love the sweet black dog, Catie Copley, who welcomed us and guards the manor! When visiting Boston, I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Well done, Fairmont!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Copley Plaza.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcelleLA

Hello Marcelle,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, including the charms of our canine ambassador Catie Copley! We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Fairmont is the best place ever.!!!! When I was growing up,My parents have always stayed at a Fairmont wherever they can. fairmont has always been pet friendly and have treated my dogs like prince and princess. thank you for welcoming them with open arms!!! And red carpet style!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy N
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Architecturally beautiful, excellent service, great location! We had a fantastic time at this hotel. We enjoyed the refreshments served at the gold floor. Nice selection of snacks all day long. We highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bridget M

Hello Bridget,
Thank you for your post. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our grand architecture and excellent service, to our central location and the additional amenities offered on the Gold floor. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

FAIRMOUNT what more can I say, a truly wonderful experience. The hotel is a work of art a grand hotel. The decore breathtaking the staff truly professional. The hotel mascot a friendly site. My only negative would be the $46.00 daily valet service. I had a two room suite overlooking Copley Square

Room Tip: Pricey but if you can afford a room overlooking Copley Square wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce V

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, from the atmosphere to our professional service. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that our valet service is competitively priced for our central, city location, though I will certainly share your feedback with the team. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We try to go to Boston at least once per year to enjoy Fenway, see the Red Sox play, and stay at the Fairmont Copley. Fairmont has done an excellent job preserving this 100 year beauty. The hotel is convenient to what we want to see and if not we can jump on the subway, just across the street, and be somewhere fairly quick. Also across the street one can take a fairly fast ride to/from the airport and pay with their subway ticket or credit card for $5.00/each. Hotel staff are very friendly, and the room is very nice, comfortable and of adequate size. Considering all mentioned, plus the fact we feel very safe here, the price is currently worth it to us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy M

Hello Randy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially that you felt comfortable and looked after by our friendly staff. We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back on your next journey to Boston.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ex have stayed here off and on for many years. Fairmont he done a food job with their renovations. Our room was updated and the bed very comfortable. The room rate was reasonable but the add on costs were very high. $46 for parking? $7 for bottled water? $10 for internet service ? $30 for a traditional American breakfast? On leaving we were elected to tip the man who brought the car as well a the man who took bags from him and put them in the car. Better to charge more and not leave the impression of rip off for these services!

Room Tip: Park elsewhere and don't use WIFI
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter V

Hello Peter,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that our valet parking, dining, and Internet are competitively priced for our central, downtown location and top-notch services. We greatly appreciate all feedback and I have shared your post with our Hotel Manager for further review of opportunities. Additionally, members of our free loyalty program, Fairmont President's Club, receive complimentary WIFI among other benefits! I do apologize if this was not communicated to you during your stay. Thank you, again, for your post.