My wife and I stayed here for our 20th Wedding anniversary late July. The hotel itself is in a great location - close enough to most things worth seeing - by either foot or a short ride in a cab.
The reception looks like a hotel would in the 20's - palatial and impressive. The reception staff were friendly and it was nice to know our room had been upgraded. We had already booked the 4th floor to take advantage of the concierge facilities. Th also noted our wedding anniversary from our booking - and it was a really nice touch to have a hand written card in the room and some chocolate covered strawberries!
The room itself was in the corner overlooking the library - it was both spacious and clean with nice amenities (robes, slippers, shoe shine service etc.). The bathroom was lovely - double sink and super rain head shower.
I have to say it was a little noisy - from two angles. Even though we were on a high floor the noise from traffic was pretty intrusive. Also, not all the guests were good at keeping the noise down in the corridors at unreasonable times (2AM one night and & 7AM the next morning!).
The complimentary breakfast was good - something different each day for the 3 days we were there. The honour bar system in the lounge at nights set aside for 4th floor guests only seemed a bit pointless to be honest - it was devoid of any atmosphere - and my suggestion would limit the drinks on offer and make them free for a couple of hours (I have stayed at the New York Palace who offer a similar service).
Both female concierges on the 4th floor were great - one gave good restaurant recommendations - the other tirelessly tried to get the wifi working for me!
I would definatley recommend this hotel - take some ear plugs for a great nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont