“Great hotel in a great location”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 20th Wedding anniversary late July. The hotel itself is in a great location - close enough to most things worth seeing - by either foot or a short ride in a cab.

The reception looks like a hotel would in the 20's - palatial and impressive. The reception staff were friendly and it was nice to know our room had been upgraded. We had already booked the 4th floor to take advantage of the concierge facilities. Th also noted our wedding anniversary from our booking - and it was a really nice touch to have a hand written card in the room and some chocolate covered strawberries!

The room itself was in the corner overlooking the library - it was both spacious and clean with nice amenities (robes, slippers, shoe shine service etc.). The bathroom was lovely - double sink and super rain head shower.

I have to say it was a little noisy - from two angles. Even though we were on a high floor the noise from traffic was pretty intrusive. Also, not all the guests were good at keeping the noise down in the corridors at unreasonable times (2AM one night and & 7AM the next morning!).

The complimentary breakfast was good - something different each day for the 3 days we were there. The honour bar system in the lounge at nights set aside for 4th floor guests only seemed a bit pointless to be honest - it was devoid of any atmosphere - and my suggestion would limit the drinks on offer and make them free for a couple of hours (I have stayed at the New York Palace who offer a similar service).

Both female concierges on the 4th floor were great - one gave good restaurant recommendations - the other tirelessly tried to get the wifi working for me!

I would definatley recommend this hotel - take some ear plugs for a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: The concierge floor is worth the extra money but make sure you have the breakfast
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, from our central location to your spacious guest room on the Fairmont Gold floor. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by outside noise during your stay and I have shared your post with the Fairmont Gold Manager in order to review your comments on the honor bar and hors d'oeuvres selection. Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I spent 2 night at the Copley Square Fairmont and really enjoyed the property and location. This was out first visit to Boston and I feel that the location is perfect.
The service was top-notch and the bed was super comfy. Booking via our Virtuoso travel agent in Toronto (The Travel Network), we were entitled to a 2 category upgrade which was a nice touch. The concierge was very helpful in getting us Red Sox ticket options, and helping us with city tour ideas as well. We took the Trolley Bus tour which was perfect for our first day.
The Oak Room Bar is a fantastic room where breakfast is served in the am and at night, turns into an amazing restaurant/bar. Overall excellent service and food quality.
I would return here the next time I am in the city.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello Charles,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from the "top-notch" service to your comfortable guest room. I am so pleased that our Concierge team was able to take such great care of you as well. Thank you for your post and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Wow! The photos of this hotel do not do it justice! It is simply breathtaking! The service was excellent and our room was beautiful with a view of Copley Plaza. The Oak Bar was exquisite with a great selection of summer cocktails. I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much I love the sweet black dog, Catie Copley, who welcomed us and guards the manor! When visiting Boston, I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Well done, Fairmont!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Copley Plaza.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarcelleLA
Hello Marcelle,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, including the charms of our canine ambassador Catie Copley! We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back again.

Weston
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Fairmont is the best place ever.!!!! When I was growing up,My parents have always stayed at a Fairmont wherever they can. fairmont has always been pet friendly and have treated my dogs like prince and princess. thank you for welcoming them with open arms!!! And red carpet style!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Joy N
Oak Park
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Architecturally beautiful, excellent service, great location! We had a fantastic time at this hotel. We enjoyed the refreshments served at the gold floor. Nice selection of snacks all day long. We highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Bridget M
Hello Bridget,
Thank you for your post. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our grand architecture and excellent service, to our central location and the additional amenities offered on the Gold floor. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!

Carle Place, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

FAIRMOUNT what more can I say, a truly wonderful experience. The hotel is a work of art a grand hotel. The decore breathtaking the staff truly professional. The hotel mascot a friendly site. My only negative would be the $46.00 daily valet service. I had a two room suite overlooking Copley Square

Room Tip: Pricey but if you can afford a room overlooking Copley Square wonderful
1 Thank Bruce V
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, from the atmosphere to our professional service. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that our valet service is competitively priced for our central, city location, though I will certainly share your feedback with the team. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Clinton
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We try to go to Boston at least once per year to enjoy Fenway, see the Red Sox play, and stay at the Fairmont Copley. Fairmont has done an excellent job preserving this 100 year beauty. The hotel is convenient to what we want to see and if not we can jump on the subway, just across the street, and be somewhere fairly quick. Also across the street one can take a fairly fast ride to/from the airport and pay with their subway ticket or credit card for $5.00/each. Hotel staff are very friendly, and the room is very nice, comfortable and of adequate size. Considering all mentioned, plus the fact we feel very safe here, the price is currently worth it to us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Randy M
Hello Randy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially that you felt comfortable and looked after by our friendly staff. We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back on your next journey to Boston.