3,757 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog resident dog beautiful hotel trinity church beautiful lobby newbury street the location is perfect freedom trail fenway park catie copley labs concierge carly
Reviewed 14 February 2009

Love this hotel...great location, rooms, staff and service. Have stayed several times before, however this time it was a "girl's" weekend. Room was fantastic for two ladies who enjoy their own space. Two beds, plenty of room, high ceilings. Really, this was the least expensive room we could book so we were delighted...as we were across from Copley Plaza and we planned to do a little bit of shopping. Received a welcome fruit basket...don't really know why, but guess it's because we are repeat guests and we thought it was a nice touch. It was horrid weather the first night, rain and sleet...common Boston weather and the bellman made sure we had umbrellas to take with us. Came back the first night around 11p and the Oak room bar was quite busy, however got a table and enjoyed a nightcap and some snacks. Oh yeah...before I forget, the black lab in the lobby was very sweet....yes, that is a real dog! We stay at the Fairmont in Quebec city often and they have a mascot also. Seems to be a theme at Fairmonts, don't know. Haven't stayed at too many of them. Love pets though and any place that has one in lobby is a place I'd be happy to call home!

Ps...Booked this direct with the hotel. Don't ever do the Priceline thing like the person who was reviewing the hotel before. I honestly think they don't travel much...

Oh yeah, have stayed at the Westin Copley, Hyatt Harborside, Holiday Inn, Le Meridien, Hyatt Cambridge and Sheraton...they're nice in their own ways, we're going back to the Fairmont Copley.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank luvtravelingthrulife
Reviewed 27 January 2009

So we booked our room through priceline and were excited to get a room in such a swanky hotel. However, we ended up in a teeny-tiny room, which the man at the desk told us was a "step up" from the room we booked. Yikes. The real fun began when we realized how paper-thin the walls were. We heard every person in every room around us- especially the folks who came stumbling in a 3:30 am and were talking very loudly. We asked them to be quiet but they kept laughing and talking. So we complained to the front desk and they let us switch rooms, sending us up to the sixth floor (totally haunted) to an even smaller room which was FILTHY- dirty carpet, old soaps in the shower, a half-drunk bottle of evian...
So- this makes me not want to use priceline ever again for fear of getting stuck at this place again!

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank JDD73
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Hotel is beautiful, but the most impressive part of this hotel is the staff. My mom and I stayed here when she came up to visit me from Florida. She's very picky, and they met her standards ;-) quick response to all requests and remembered us every time we came back to the hotel

Date of stay: March 2007
2  Thank sassy8484
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Great location, great service. Really all you could ask for in hotel. We stayed on the Gold level and really enjoyed our stay. We were in Boston during a major snow storm, so the location across from the mall entrance (Westin) was really convenient. We've stayed at the Fairmont in Boston many times and it continues to please.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SaratogaJon
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I live in the Boston area, but my boyfriend and I were going to a New Years Eve party in Back Bay, so we wanted a hotel we could get back to easily. There was a bad blizzard so there was alot of snow on the ground. I drove in straight from work, The Valet helped me with my bags and took care of my car. The valet handed my baggage directly to the bellman, so I didn't even have to worry about them at check in.

Check in was very smooth. They gave a us a complimentary upgrade from the standard Fairmont room to a deluxe room. Great I always appreciate a comped upgrade. (I have stayed here in the past in the standard fairmont room, and it's a nice room) The deluxe room was actually a suite and it was awesome!

There is a sitting room with a desk, two arm chairs, an ipod docking station and a TV. There was also a decent sized closet in that room. The bathroom was very large. The vanity was a decent size, but not huge. There was an extra shelf to the left of it that was very handy as I was getting ready for a formal party. The bedroom was a good size considering there was a seperate sitting room. The bedroom had king sized bed, a large flat screen TV and an ipod docking alarm clock. There was a second good sized closet off the bedroom as well.

The hotel staff was fantastic. My boyfriend had to work late and didin't arrive to the hotel to get ready for the party until I had already finished getting ready and left for the party. The front desk had a key waiting for him, so he could get ready as quickly as possible since he was already going to be late for the party. The concierge was helpful giving me directions to the location of the party about a 10 minute walk away. They have on past visits helped me with dining recomendations as well.

After the party, my boyfriend had enjoyed the party we had been at a bit too much and the doormen was great. He helped my boyfriend back to the room and made sure we got in ok. I was embarassed about the state my boyfriend was in, but he was very professional about helping him.

When I woke up, a list of all the charges to room had been placed under my door for my review. Everything on it was expected and fair. My car was waiting for me in as I had called the valet like they requested 15 minutes prior to when I wanted to leave.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. 5 stars, I will be back for whenever I need to stay downtown.

All in all, I was very pleased with my stay. My only vriticism would be the view from our room. We looked out over the roof of another part of the building and into other rooms. I really didn't care since we got a free upgrade to the bigger room, but if I had come from far away and was staying for more than a night, I may have been disapointed with it.

My only other regret is that we didn't get to take advantage of any of the great facilities the hotel had to offer.

Boston is a great city and the location of the Fairmont in Back Bay is perfect for exploring. If you are visiting the area, be sure to head over to the north end. It's adorable and the restaurants are incredible. La Cantina Italiana is my favorite. Ask for Tarick and Evan for your server and busser. They are the nicest guys around.

Date of stay: December 2008