I travel frequently to the Boston area, and this is the first time I have stayed at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Yes, it is beauftiful when you arrive, but the first words out of the valet's mouth were Yeah, that will be $42 a night to take your car. Really!? I travel a lot..and that price is outrageous..especially since I was staying with a rate of $167.00 a night...it does add up! I was greeted by a wonderful staff, and when I arrived in my room, I found they put me in a room that was for handicap acess, which I did not request or need. I could not hang up my clothes in the closet due to the bar being low, and the shower was for wheelchair access...great for a wheel chair,but for me, it was water all over the floor! I also went to grab a robe...which was well worn, almost threadbare, with lipstick on it from the last guest....even the towels were thin and needed replacement. I proceeded to log onto my computer to finish some work, and I was forced to pay $14.00 for 24 hour access!! Really.????.even the small inexpensive hotels never charge....I was shocked..in all my travels I have never had to pay! Then when I went down to the business center to print out my boarding pass for the next day flight...I had to swipe a credit card to use the computer! I feel like I was nickel and dimed to excess...and when I came back from breakfast my room had been cleaned..there was no fresh tolietries...and the water glass I had by the bed the night before was still there, and the ice bucket was left with the melted ice, and the top on the floor!! Yeah...great attention to detail for a luxury hotel! I have always stayed at the Back Bay Hotel down the street, but was lured by the $40 price difference...which as you can read was sucked up by valet and internet access in no time..never again will I stay here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont