“Average”
Review of Verona's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Verona's B&B
Ranked #19 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
long island
“Average”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

An average time at 82 Chandler Street.

Very clean. Felt totally safe. Had a mini kitchen area. Loved the spacious room. Went in the summer, and it was nice to have a choice of open windows, ceiling fan (squeaky) or an air conditioner. Not as close to the T as I would have liked. When it says it is in South Boston, they aren't lying. Very impersonal. When we arrived, there was a piece of paper in the hallway listing our name and address (for all the other guests to see) with our hotel info on it. There was a man on staff running the place. Breakfast was specifically at 9 (would have preferred a little flexibility there, especially with sightseeing schedules). I have a problem (not just with this B&B, but with all B&Bs) and how they advertise breakfast. Maybe it is just me, but I expect more from a B&B. Breakfast was the man on staff cutting Costco croissants in half, toasting them and buttering them. Oh, and a bowl of fruit. I was...to say the least...disappointed. In fact, the next day we didn't even stay for breakfast; we got it on our own. I am not sure how this meal even constitutes breakfast. Again, when something says breakfast included, I just expect at least a choice. The kicker is - I don't eat grains, so I had to go get a yogurt from my room and eat it at the table.

If you only care about clean and safe, I'd say go there. But for $175 a night....I am not going back. Not because it was a bad stay, but it was lacking, far from things considering we were only there for 48 hours, and disappointing.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #6. Everything squeaks (from the floor to the ceiling), but I was fine with that a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marissa l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I had been staying a few days at an expensive conference hotel near the World Trade Center (Seaport district) during her work meeting, then we moved to this B&B at 82 Chandler Street. The conference hotel was nice, but this B&B felt like Boston. It was lovely, comfortable and in a very good location for shopping, eating, sightseeing and getting to a subway for other parts of Boston. And it is less expensive. We no longer needed all the business services of the other hotel and just needed a place to call home when not out enjoying the city. One thing I should mention: the wifi was a little temperamental... but it worked.

We stayed in room 5 on the 3rd floor. I think that if we had stayed longer, we would have used the nicely equipped kitchenette.

We often ate a good breakfast at Flour Bakery and Cafe nearby. There is an Avis car rental office very close by which we used when we wanted to drive up the coast to Maine one day. The Prudential Center is very close by with its shopping, restaurants and city view... and the Boston Public Library was grand and moving for me.

It was a good stay.

1 Thank Honewort
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

easy to get to & from public transport, but also within walking distance of much of the city. jose & dominic were great - nice company, good coffee & breakfast, lots of ideas on things to do/see and how to get around. room was nice, charming, unique, clean on a quiet street. we'll be back next year for another - hopefully longer - visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcs2470
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Beautiful room, friendly hosts & great location on a leafy street a short walk from plenty of places to eat, shops and the Back Bay and Copley metro stations. I was in room 6 which has a small kitchen in a cupboard, so no breakfast provided but it's not far to Foodies on Washington St!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lizzie P
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great location and within walking distance to metro and Back Bay area. One negative was the noise in the room above ours on our last night. A guest arrived late in the evening and it sounded like they were moving furniture until about 11pm. This was a problem since we needed to get up early in the morning to catch a flight home. Also, if you want the "breakfast" part of the B and B experience, please make sure that it is offered in the room you are booking. The rooms with kitchenettes do not offer breakfast-which was our case and okay with us, just mentioning this as an FYI. Overall, we would recommend staying at 82 Chandler. We will stay there if in Boston in the future.

Room Tip: Kitchenette rooms are nice if you want more freedom with eating breakfast. Not equipped well enough...
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My wife and I arrived very late at night and we were well received. We had a remarkable experience since it was my first time staying in a Bed and Breakfast. It is a beautiful historical well conserved home. The service was excellent and Dominic is a great host. The location was ideal for seeing the best Boston has to offer, a residential neighborhood a couple blocks from “T” stop, Boston Public Library, Copley Square, and Newbery St. After a long walking day coming in were like been home away from the noise commercial environment. Dominic and Jose we hope to see you again when we go back to our favorite room #6 when we go back to 82 Chandler St.

Room Tip: Room on second floor
2 Thank 707Daniel707
Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is my first B & B experience and was pretty good. Great location close to the subway. Easy to access from Logon airport. Walkable distance to south end area i.e Newbury St, Prudential center, copley square, etc.... Convenient store like CV pharmacy and supermarket are close by. I have to leave very early every morning for my conference so I don't have comment on the breakfast. But it's nice to able to buy simple things for my breakfast nearby. Jose is very friendly and give recommendation for restaurants and places to visit. Overall a pleasant stay!!!!
The only thing that can be improved is the ventilation fan in the bathroom is very loud but function well! Perhaps due to the age of the house ........

Room Tip: Difficult to climb the stairs if you have big luggages.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo