We were booked into the JJH by Mass General. The first room we were given was a "Standard" room. Not even kidding, there was a small kitchenette in front of the door, a strangely large closet behind the door, an adequate sized bathroom, and the main room that held a double bed, settee, TV on a small dresser and table with 2 chairs was just about 10 x 12.
The only place to walk freely was at the end of the bed where there was 2 feet of space to access the bathroom. My husband sat on the double bed which squeaked terribly and the posters threatened to topple over. The room was on the ground floor, just above and next to the sidewalk.
We decided to ask if there was anything else available. There were 2 rooms.
We saw a Junior Suite, which had the same amenities but was larger; but still had just a double bed that promised backaches in the morning.
We saw the 4th floor Deluxe Sweet, larger still with a separate bedroom - but only the same poor quality double bed as the other rooms. Still, we took it, hoping for the best.
The bed was terrible - like sleeping on a cracker. I finally gave up around 4AM. Today - 24 hours later - I am still hurting from the abuse. This one fact makes every other fact irrelevant.
The hotel was lovely, the furnishings pretty. The location was not good - between the train station, the main round-about and the ambulance route. The coffee was fine and plentiful. I believe they make an effort to be a good place to stay, but just go buy some new mattresses!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston