While the price is good (for Boston) and the location is excellent, there are drawbacks. Do not count on air conditioning and open windows mean endless noise from traffic and ambulances headed to nearby hospital. Breakfast offerings are meager and full of sugar (i.e., no toast, yogurt, hot or cold food). Our suites had a kitchenette but no coffeemaker. This hotel does not offer computer for guest use. Hotel staff (with one exception) very unhelpful - we did not know there is a ramp entrance at back of hotel so we struggled up a long flight of stairs to lobby at front entrance. When we asked for help with suitcases we were told there's no one to help us. When we checked in, despite confirmation and emails from hotel manager (currently on leave) for 4 nights in a suite (1st night in suite with double bed and sofa bed, next 3 nights in suite with 2 beds), we were told our reservation was for 6 nights in suite with one double bed. The clerk haughtily informed us that all that mattered was what was in computer. After much discussion (and argument), we got back to the original 4-night reservation but were told we would have to move twice over the 4-night stay. However, they managed to keep us in second suite for last night (although we had checked out of room that morning and didn't know we could have kept our things unpacked in same room until we returned to hotel around 5pm). Our last morning there we were summoned to the asst. manager's office and treated like misbehaving children in the school principal's office. However, this meeting did end on good terms. When all is said and done, I wished we had paid more money for another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston