“The perfect business hotel”

Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“The perfect business hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've found it. I'm done. I walked into the Mandarin Oriental Boston for the first time and was greeted by name and my contract was waiting for me at the counter before I got from the revolving doors. The guy at the front desk offered to walk me up to my room when I told him it was my first visit to the hotel. The room is beautiful and luxurious plus they have a dental kit, sewing kit, shaving kit, and other little amenities. There was also a handwritten note with a brownie, bottle of water and apples waiting for me. Probably the most luxurious and service-oriented hotel I stayed in which is shocking given the price which does not even compare to what you'd spend for hotels of this caliber in NYC or even Chicago.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Carmen, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent business trip to Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are simply delighted to learn that you enjoyed our arrival experience, personalized welcome and your guestroom amenities. It is our mission to truly delight and satisfy our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your business or leisure travels bring you back to Boston, hopefully it is soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Roma
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Last January, I had to go to Boston to meet with clients and, based on former experience with the MO Brand decided to stay for the first time at their Boston property. That was probably the best decision of the entire trip! January is not necessarily the best of months to visit the North East USA shore but the hotel more than made up for my choice of dates. The location is just fantastic! best shops and restaurants on the doorstep, close to the station (I was coming from NY with the bullet train) and seconds away from the Charles River and its pathways, ideal for a runner like me! The gym is well equipped with Technogym and even as a TRX. The room was enormous, with a fantastic bathroom which was larger by itself than some of the rooms I stayed in at other hotels. The internet is a dream as the connection allows for 6 devices to be connected at once, instead of having to log in and out or ask for 3 different passwords (laptop, iPad and smartphone). The staff was a delight to interact with and service was seconds away without being intrusive. The blond Lady at the Concierge desk was particularly helpful with a change I had to make with my train booking: I asked if it could be changed and left a second to get a coffee, while she was checking. In a matter of minutes (I was still at the bar), I got a confirmation of my new booking on my smartphone, with new timings and no extra cost, and a printed copy was waiting for me at the desk. The check-out is great! instead of asking me if i had the peanuts and a beer last night, they just thanked me for my stay, bid me farewell and a good trip and sent the invoice by e-mail as I was stepping out of the hotel. I will definitely stay again and would recommend to anybody who is looking for a top quality hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street are luminous, helped by the fact that there is no direct vis a vis.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience in January and we are delighted that you enjoyed our location, large guestrooms and speedy internet. We are also very happy that our concierge team was able to assist you with your travel plan changes efficiently and effectively. It is Mandarin Oriental's mission is to truly delight and satisfy our guests and your feedback has been an integral contribution to our goals. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting from New York.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We regularly stay at the Mandarin when we visit our daughter at Boston University. We have stayed at a number of hotels there and the MO is by far our favorite. The staff is so welcoming that we immediately feel like we are at our home away from home. They are so accommodating to our small dog and to us in every way. The food is very good from Asana, the M Bar, and room service. Housekeeping is excellent and we always enjoy our time at the spa. Service overall is impeccable. Definitely recommend

Room Tip: Decide whether to have a residential/park view or city view. I prefer the quieter residential side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Mandarin Oriental, Boston is honored to be considered your favorite Boston hotel and your home away from home while visiting your daughter at BU. On behalf of the entire team we love having the whole family stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our cuisine, The Spa and find our service levels impeccable. Upon your next visit we will be sure you are able to enjoy the quieter more residential side of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 4 February 2014

One of the best high end hotels we have stayed in. Service and rooms were impeccable. Hot welcome tea upon arrival was a nice touch. Personal guide to your room upon arrival was nice and only as evasive as you wish. Rooms are a very nice size and very comfortable. 5 star all the way!! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: No need for a suite. Basic rooms are large enough.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Mandarin Oriental, Boston truly appreciates your feedback and we are honored that you consider us one of your favorite high-end hotels. We are delighted that you enjoyed our personalized welcome experience, the welcome tea and your personal escort up to your guestroom. We always enjoy hearing from our guests when they experience the five-star level of service that we strive for. Please be sure to visit us again soon and thank you again for your kind words and recommendation.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am a regular visitor to Boston and have stayed in most, if not all, of the major 5 star hotels in the city. Judging by the comfort and size of the rooms, the level of service and the quality of the food, this place is the best. it also benefits from a direct connection to the prudential center/copley plaza malls which makes life easy on a bad weather day. It is also perfectly located with Newbury street and Boston common all within walking distance. If you are here on a Sunday , then the Brunch is not to be missed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Mandarin Oriental, Boston is delighted to be considered one of your hotel “personal bests.” We are so glad that you enjoyed the comfort and size of the guestrooms, the 5-star quality service we strive for, our convenient Back Bay location and our delicious brunch menu. We truly appreciate your feedback and we do hope you continue to frequent Mandarin Oriental, Boston. If you have not tried it yet, may we suggest the Asana Burger on the Sunday Brunch Menu, it is a chef favorite!
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights in December 2013. From the moment you walk in the door you are treated like a part of the family. From check in, bell hop and concierge everything was perfect. We were on the 7 th floor overlooking the street and shops below. The room was huge, well decorated and had a warm comfortable feel about it. We Ike to Jennifer the concierge who was very helpful and gave us ideas of where to go and which restaurants to eat it. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return one day.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Mandarin Oriental, Boston for your December visit and for taking the time to share your comments. We could not be happier that our team was able to extend a warm family welcome and that Jennifer was able to provide you with some helpful neighborhood and restaurant recommendations. We truly appreciate your feedback and do hope you get to return to Boston again soon We always look forward to welcoming back our family!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is such a nice hotel. I have stayed here three times this year, and every MO person I have encountered is just so pleasant and helpful. The hotel staff will take care of you. The staff are also incredibly proactive. I asked about an early morning newspaper delivery because I had a flight to catch. The staffer not only accommodated my request but put down my departure time so the concierge team staffed at that hour would be on the lookout for taxis for me. In short, if you have any questions or any problems with your stay, just ask!

The only frustrating thing about the hotel is the gym. If you go when the spa is open, you can use the spa shower, changing room and facilities. However, after spa hours, there isn't even a bathroom gym goers have access to.

The hotel is in Back Bay. It's attached to the Prudential Center, which is so convenient, especially in the winter when it's cold outside!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mzmeowus
Mandarin Oriental, Boston is always excited to welcome back our loyal guests. On behalf of the entire team, we are delighted to hear when our colleagues proactively anticipate our guest’s needs and exceed service expectations. It sounds like you were also able to experience our convenient location attached to the Prudential Center. We will be happy to share your fitness center feedback with the team as well. Thank you for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you again soon for your fourth visit!