Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden
Eliot Hotel(Boston)
US$395
US$365
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$284
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$210
  • Room Service
Hilton Boston Logan Airport(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$373
US$272
US$390
US$242
  • Room Service
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$266
  • Bar/Lounge
US$297
US$252
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$242
  • Restaurant
All reviewstd gardenhi expressthe north endceltics gamegreat locationslow elevatorvalet parkingthe breakfast areaservice elevatorquincy marketan older buildingfree breakfastfreedom trailshort walkfront desk staffwithin walking distanceyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed at the night for two nights in February. The hotel is simple but the rooms are quite nice and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is only two minutes walk from the T-station so it is very easy to get where ever you need to go. Even though the hotel is simple it fulfilled all our needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Hello and thank you for your recent review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a nice clean room and that the staff was great! We agree our location is second to none and is great for TD Garden events, historical sites or even shopping in Quincy Market. Please come back and be our guest again in the near future. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a king suite for one night. The hotel was a little hard to find for my daughter, as she had to ask directions from a police officer because the sign was not prominent or lit up. The room was very spacious and nice, large living room with sofa, two chairs, desk, etc. Small fridge and microwave also. Bathroom was average size. Bedroom was in an alcove off the living room, with its own flat screen tv on the wall. Just the bed and end tables in the bedroom, plus the wall tv. Walls seemed thin, as every time a door slammed it sounded like it was right in the room, however, it did not disturb sleep. We did not take advantage of the included breakfast in the morning. Two negatives were only one ice machine for the whole hotel, and that was in the basement. When we came back in the evening and made the trip down there, the machine was out of ice. Also, no vending machines. If you want a soda or snack, you have to buy it at an exorbitant price from the front desk. There is a Seven Eleven, and a drug store down the street, so stock up before you check in if you want those things. All in all good, would have liked to book again for a night this summer, but the price had almost tripled from a price that in my opinion was bordering on high to start! I don't think so..., not that good!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ponchogrl
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Greeting and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Boston Garden. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room. I would, however like to apologize for the ice machine and sound issues. These are two things that we are working to eliminate moving forward in hopes of making our hotel a better place for, you, our guests. If you would like to return in the summer please contact me directly and I will see what I can do to assist. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel is smack across from the Garden in a very boisterous part of town. If you are coming to a game you can't go wrong staying here. This hotel has valet service for parking and is close to Logan if you are cabbing it.

Positives:
Very close to the Garden
Lot's of night life / bar's within spitting distance
Nice staff
Free WiFi
Good rate (around $100/nt when I was there)
Clean decent rooms

Negatives:
Small lobby area (hotel is really packed into a small building)
Noise. It is hard to fault the hotel for this, but even though I say the area is a positive it also had people pouring our of a bar screaming at each other 30 feet from my window at 3am
This is a Holiday Inn EXPRESS so some of the services are limited (room service, etc.)

I would stay here again based on the location (things to do or a game at the garden) and the price.

Go Sabres!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street side if you are noise sensitive when sleeping.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Hello and thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is feedback like yours that assists us in getting better and providing a great hotel that , you, the guest enjoys. We were glad to hear that the location was a good fit for you and that you received a clean, fresh room. Also thank you for the comment regarding the nice staff. It is a top priority for us to provide great customer service! We do however apologize that noise was an issue. Although mostly out of our control, we are looking into new options to help our guests receive a better night's sleep. Please come back and visit when your travels bring you back to Boston. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed here for one night with a group of friends as a birthday celebration and it was a great experience. It was easy to find, in a neat location, tucked between several sports bars and restaurants. The place is literally directly across from the TD Garden (hence the name) and its a great spot for people watching! We checked in with no problem. Don't be turned off by the relatively simple decor and small lobby, the place still has class. The service is EXCELLENT and the staff was very friendly, plus we did valet parking which was easy and (somewhat) cheap and the valet guys are really nice. We wanted to head right over to Fanueil Hall which we were told was a 10 minute walk but it actually turned out to be just 5 minutes and a very direct route! We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms; very spacious and well kept with a nice little kitchen and walk in closet. It was plenty of room for 6 of us for one night. Plus we were on the top (5th) floor so we had vaulted ceilings which was really cool and made the room feel much grander. We had read reviews that recommended asking for a room near the back of the hotel due to noise issues, though we didn't think we'd be bothered by this so we ended up on the front corner room which was fine because we had awesome views of the Garden and the city streets. The hotel provided ear plugs which none of us used but probably could of as there was definitely city noise (cars, music, drunk people, etc) till about 2am, though not overly bothersome up on the fifth floor. In the morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the lobby which was decent, no five-star meal but better than I expected. Eggs, bacon, pancake-maker, cereal, fruit, pastries, coffee and juice, etc. The only annoying think was that they had all these bread products but their toaster was broken...lame! Overall I would recommend this hotel for groups of friends, young people, families with teens or couples.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are (supposedly) quieter as they are farther from the busy street. 5th floor rooms have vaulted ceilings and better views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rebecca m
GMJamieGleason, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Hello and thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours is crucial in knowing how our guests visit was and what we can do to improve. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience and the location was to your liking. It was great to hear that you received "Excellent service" as we pride ourselves on making a memorable experience with guest satisfaction being our priority. I do however apologize for the toaster issue. It was replaced immediately, but we did experience some down time. We thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon. Please say Happy Birthday to the birthday person from myself and the entire staff!

Reviewed 26 January 2013

On a frigid night this week, getting to the hotel was a quick sprint across the road from Boston North Station, thank heavens. When we checked in, I discovered that I had booked the wrong dates through Hotels.com!

The lady I first spoke with at Hotels.com said there was nothing she could do as it was a non-refundable reservation. But the guest services manager Amy Krawec said, "No we can do this, I'll call them". Suffice it to say not only did it get worked out, but the rate had dropped so I save $63 on two rooms.

As an added bonus, there was a classic sports bar across the road which my husband and friend could retire to while we worked out the reservation thing and a great selection of good places to eat and drink within a hundred yards; we particularly liked the Beer Works on Canal Street - brew pub with excellent food.

The corridors are a little tired, and maybe the included breakfast buffet was not the most thrilling, but the rooms looked as if they had been very recently refurbished and were stylish and clean. And loved the touch of supplying earplugs.

If only the Celtics had won! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for leaving your feedback. We are happy to hear that the location, the service and Amy were all great! I will be sure to share your nice comments with her and the team! Also I am glad that she was able to work out the issue with hotels.com. Again thank you for staying with us and providing helpful feedback. And we wish the Celtics would have won as well. Thank you!