Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden
Ranked #73 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I looked at a lot of reviews for the Hotels in Boston,and plumbed for this one and we weren't disappointed.it's in a good location,the rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable,the breakfast were very good,we have stayed in various Holiday Inn's in different countries and the they all have done a good breakfast,this was no exception.The staff on the front desk were very helpful with all the questions that are thrown at them by travellers,always had a smile for you which was nice,we liked Boston not been there before,I would like to go back one day and I would stay at this hotel next time,thank you.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Main Street,couldn't hear any noise from below,maybe it's quieter In...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMJamieGleason, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear andandsand,

Thank you for the 5 star review we really appreciate it! We are so glad we were able to exceed your expectations and that everything from the location, to the room, to the breakfast and our staff were all a great experience for you during your stay in Boston! We will see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were allowed to check-in early. The front desk staffers were extremely friendly ,cordial and very helpful. The room was outstanding. It was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels and related items. We were placed in a suite which was quite roomy. It contain a fridge, microwave and a sink. The breakfast was real good with a large selection

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear bnshirt,

Thank you for your "wonderful" 5 star review! It is great to hear that our staff was able to check you and your family in early and that you really enjoyed the suite and large selection at breakfast! We hope you stay with us again soon!
Winslow, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed when seeing the Celtics. The parking is off venue and expensive. $60 for 17 hours. They have vallet, extra charge. The room was older, but ok. We reserved a queen. They gave us a full, when asked about it, they said there were no fulls in the hotel. Well, it's a full and the headboard was too large for the bed...anyway, they switched us to a queen. The bathroom is very small and needs to work. Location is the key here. The staff was very friendly. Will stay again, but will reserve a king and end up with a queen lol.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear TELLITLIKEITIS04901,

Thank you for your choosing to stay at our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful compliment regarding our friendly service staff. We’re glad to read that after some initial issues with the room, these were sorted out and allowed you to enjoy your stay. We’re sorry you were not satisfied with the bathroom. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as this allows us to focus on improvements and guest satisfaction.

We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Boston.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
ns.ca
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoyed another stay at this Hotel and want to say thanks to the staff who made our stay feel very special. All staff are very friendly and helpful. A very special shout out to Amy the guest service manager who helped us sort through the details of our booking. The room was modern and had a fridge, microwave and sink plus a coffe maker. TV was a flat screen with all the channels we would ever need. Breakfest was great, just another great feature. Now for the real important part, the bed was truly one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on and the pillows were perfect as well. Now some might find the bathroom a bit on the small side but it was updated and had a walk in shower that had lots of hot water and was very functional. One of the things we also liked is the location, across from the TD center and one block from North station as well as a short walk the the north end. All in all it was a great stay because we were made to feel so at home. Highly recomend and will revisit next time in Boston!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear darged,

Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation! We are thrilled to hear our staff made your stay special and thank you for the nice comment about Amy, we will be sure to share this with her! We are glad your room provided everything you needed and that you slept well on our comfortable beds and pillows! It is our goal to make our guests feel "at home"!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed there this week in room 407 for 3 nights using IHG points.

I was told the building was built in 1890 but the hotel was remodeled last year and it gives you a new feel while staying in a historic building. You can still see that you are in an old building but the renovations done was impresive.

The rooms has all you would find in a newer property but the room I was in is shaped differently, I guess to accomodate the building.

The bed was awesome comfortable but been on the 4th floor, the windows were high as I if was in the basement but very quiet as in the back of the building. I think the rooms in the front has normal height windows.

The breakfast is the same as any other HI Express and there are 10 tables, 7 with two seats and 3 tables with four seats so it can get packed fast but this is a small hotel.

There is a Gym in the basement and a office to work on the computer.

Its located only 2 short blocks from North Station MBTA station. You can walk everywhere or take the MBTA anywhere, 11$ day pass or 18$ week long pass. Price to be revised this week. I find the valet at 39$ is expensive and not available during midnight and 6AM, this is why I flew to Boston on this trip.

There is no restaurant on site but there are quite some good place to eat nearby within a block.

The elevator can be slow at times due to the service elevator being out of service.

My only regret is that I forgot a personal item in the room, called and they took my information but I did not hear back. It is very basic item to most but I have had this item for 25 years. Now I know not to bring old items that has a meaning to me anywhere. I think housekeeping thew it in the garbage. I am back in Boston in 6 weeks and could of recovered the item myself, this is why I cannot give this a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: I think the front rooms has more daytime light but the back rooms, you get no city noise but my wind...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Luke S
Dear Luke S,

As previously mentioned via your IHG Review, we thank you again for taking the time to write this descriptive review. We are always eager to hear our guests take on each section of the hotel, from breakfast, to the gym, to the comfort of the bed in the room, on everything! The service elevator for staff to use is up and running and is no longer out of service. We are sorry to hear about your forgotten item, if you would like to call the hotel and speak with a manager we would be happy to check for that item again for you.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I wanted to travel to Boston to see all of the historical sites. I travel for work and I am also a member of IHG Rewards Club. I picked this hotel because I was able to stay for free using my points. I was concerned with the location because it isn't located in the center of it all. Little did I know, it didn't matter. The location of the Holiday Inn was perfect. We were right across from one of the trolly stops and TD Gardens (where the bruins play). Our room was clean with a view of the Bobby Orr Statue. The Staff was very kind and helped us every way they can. The building looked old but, the rooms were not outdated. We were able to walk to many destinations and when we couldn't walk, we hopped on the tour shuttle.

I would stay here again if I was headed back for vacation or if I was going to a Bruins game.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RatherBScanninG
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear RatherBScanninG,

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and our recent guest. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the location of the hotel and the staff. Boston is a great city and we are glad you were able to explore it and see some of the sites. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you are coming to Boston for a show at the Garden, this place is literally across the street from the Garden. While the facility is older, it is clean and neat. The staff is very friendly and ready to help. The view isn't much, but you are in the city. Just other buildings.

Seems like a fairly save place to walk around a bit at night and take in the local clubs and restaurants.

Warning: No self parking. Valet only and the parking fee and valet fee are a bit high I think!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryant A
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Bryant A,

Thank you for being our guest. We are glad that you felt we had a great location, the hotel was clean and neat and that the staff was friendly. Please visit us again when your travels take you to Boston. Thank you again!