“Great location for old- style luxury!”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chapin , SC
“Great location for old- style luxury!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and two children recently spent two nights at Lenox for sightseeing in Boston. We instantly loved this hotel. The location is excellent- across street from Copley square, t-system, Boston public library, and quick walk to prudential center. Lots of great restaurants nearby. I definitely recommend Legal Seafoods, and the Duck Boat Tour. We loved both and they were very child- friendly as well.

The hotel is luxurious, and little fridge is room was great little perk! We had a junior suite (room 314). The room was spacious with nice sized bathroom and closet. The only down- side was there was no view- just brick wall next door and ugly rooftop venting out of other window. Other than that, hotel was great and the stuffed animals for girls at check-in was nice touch. They also have a car which we took to airport $40, and it was much nicer than cab. In all, we highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Lenox last September and returned with my sister in July, 2011. She wanted to see the Red Sox, but let me pick the hotel. My stay this time was even better than last year. The service in this hotel is incredible. Every, and I mean every, employee is friendly and helpful. They do go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Two of the desk staff realized my sister's devotion to the Sox and got her a special remembrance. Also, the concierge staff is wonderful. I needed help with a day trip and with tickets and they arranged everything. What I love is they do it without the attitude that they are doing you a favor. Instead they want to help and do so. If possible get a corner room. They are more spacious and are comfortable. Also, the hotel is within walking distance of Fenway Park and other attractions and you are very close to good shopping and good restaurants. If you are looking for a great hotel in Boston, this is the one.

Devon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here recently and, having checked out, my son was taken ill and needed a doctor before flying that evening. The hotel allowed us to call the UK to contact our insurance helpline, arranged for us to visit a local doctor and then provided some toast for my son when we returned to pick up our luggage.

Bearing in mind that we had already checked out this was exceptional service. Our room was a junior suite and very pleasant. The hotel is "pleasantly dated" but lovingly looked after and with very good staff it made a great place to stay in Boston. There's a "T" station half a block away with access to the Downtown and some good restaurants a block away on Newbury. Thoroughly recommended.

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in the Lenox Hotel on Saturday 25 June and Sunday 26 June at the end of our trip touring round New England, before we flew home to London on the Monday. My wife, 10 month old daughter and myself made up our party.
The service at the hotel is very good indeed, even before we arrived, as I exchanged emails with the concierge team with regards to a late check-out on the Monday and arranging a car with a car seat for our journey to the airport. They were extremely helpful and very responsive, and helped in every way they could.
We had a hire car to drop off at Park Plaza, so we dropped off our luggage at the hotel before doing so, and again the staff were ever so helpful and friendly.
Our check-in was slightly delayed by a late checking out guest, and the hotel staff were ever so apologetic and arranged for our room to be upgraded. During this short wait, Jimmy the bellman (you can see a newspaper article on him in the lifts area in reception) had a chat with us, entertained my daughter and provided her with a cuddly kangaroo toy which still takes pride of place in her bedroom. Everyone was genuinely friendly, and not in any "corporate, employer-required" way either.
Our room was very comfortable indeed, with a closet area for our bags and a large bathroom, and a very comfortable king-size bed. The travel cot provided had more toys for my daughter, this time for the bath and which she still uses now. Unlike many hotels, the Lenox is acutely aware that children of any age are also guests and clearly work very hard to treat them respectfully as such, and make sure their needs are met as well as their parents. As any parents knows, a happy child will often mean happy parents as well, so it's an approach many hotels could opt to follow.
It's worth noting too that the Lenox works very hard indeed to be as green and environmentally friendly as possible, in all that it does in servicing guests, even down to the bins in the rooms being divided up into different types of waste and different types of recycling, which is only to be applauded.
The hotel has an excellent location, from which you can easily explore Boston and stroll round the city, using the Lenox almost as the epicentre for doing this. The concierge recommended a restaurant (Stephanie's on Newbury) which was only a short stroll away, and we had an excellent meal there (the Ahi Tuna Tartare has to be eaten to be believed).
In all, we loved our time at the Lenox, it made an excellent end to our trip around New England, and was a superb base from which to explore and enjoy all that Boston has to offer.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

A truly lovely hotel in a beautiful city. Even before we had walked through the door our positive customer experience began and when we did our son was presented with a very nice soft toy! Our room was great for a family. We booked a double double and had an extra bed. There was still plenty of room to move about and play. We stayed for four nights and then went to Maine. When returned to the Lenox for one night on our way to NY we were welcomed back by name. The hotel restaurant serves good food and the breakfast is good value as you pay for what you order rather than a flat price. Would we go back? In a heart beat!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We booked on line and asked for a King room. When we arrived I asked if we had a nice room and they assured me that we did. When we got to the room, it was not a King and the room was very small. I was not happy and we called down. We were then upgraded to a junior suite and it was lovely. I would have preferred to get a nice room to start with. Staff are very friendly, and concierge was good. We did not use the restaurant. Definitely try the Atlantica restaurant across the street (its TA's number one) and it is excellent. The hotel is a great location for shopping (beside Lord and Taylor) and close to Fenway Park, and the Library. I would stay here again, but would be careful about what room I selected.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I am no business traveller but have been all over the world on family vacations for over 30 years. I have become resigned to mediocre impersonal service especially in the US. What a surprise at Lenox! Believe me, I am no one special but they made my family feel like rock stars or foreign royalty! The rooms were great, the location perfect, but the service from all staff was beyond exceptional. Time and again they went out of their way especially to our 2 children. Other hotels should send staff here to see what service can be. I will never stay anywhere else in Boston!