“All hotels should model their customer service after the Lenox.”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my first stay at the Lenox. I live near Boston but we wanted to be early for the Red Sox parade so we stayed overnight. The customer service was over the top. We were even given a welcome glass of wine when we checked in. Every employee at the hotel was beyond friendly, accommodating, and concerned that we were taken care of. We wanted to leave our bags in case the parade went past checkout time and were told "you can leave them as long as you like". The hotel itself is very warm and comfortable, our junior suite was lovely. They have everything there, if you want cocktails, food, or to watch a game at the bar. You can't beat the location. But even if the room wasn't so great or the lobby wasn't so nice, I would never even notice because the staff made us feel so welcome, like we were their only guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoanieL51
Write a ReviewReviews (3,421)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

As one would expect from a classy hotel the facilties and the hospitality were excellent. The bed was very large and comfortable in a large, quiet (if slightly old fashioned decor) room. The staff were beyond helpful. My only disappointment was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room - it was available in the lobby but this isn't really a good alternative.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Another amazing stay at the Lenox... This was my third time and I am always blown away. Every single person I encountered exuded caring – so much so that if an alien being came down to earth, landed on my doorstep, and asked me what hospitality is, I would have to take him to the Lobby of the Lenox Hotel. From the door guys, to the front desk and concierge, to the housekeepers and restaurant staff, they truly go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay and I won't be staying anywhere else when I go to Boston. Thank you to the staff of the Lenox for taking such great care of us! My wife and I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Top-notch property- would gladly stay in any room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hansellvania
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My friend and I spent four days at the Lenox. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The location was ideal for walking around the city and also the subway was a few yards away. Considering that the hotel is situated on the Boston main street it was surprisingly quiet. A hotel with lots of character. the two bars / restaurants served very good meals. The toiletries provided in the very spacious room were top quality with bath robes provided. Whilst there were no tea/coffee facilities in the room (there was a fridge!! with complimentary bottled water.) Tea and coffee were available in the lobby. Plenty of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance.
The basin in the bathroom was cracked. Do take a trip to the top of the Prudential building (lift is provided) The 360 degree view of Boston is amazing.

Room Tip: We were in room 302 which was on the 2nd floor. It was a large room overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank carreglwyd
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The room was very clean and there was a turn down service in the evening. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. When asked where I could buy milk for a cup of tea the bellboy came back with a gallon carton of milk which suited my wife down to the ground, as much as we enjoy America you can't get a proper cup of tea made with boiling water! Good location for all areas of Boston. Our room had the hairdryer with the shortest lead!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week in Boston. We stayed in The Lenox for the first time. The location of the hotel is excellent. The Copley T station is less than a 5 minute walk and the Prudential Centre (shops and restaurants) literally 5 minute walk. The first impressions were very good. The foyer is beautifully decorated. The staff are very friendly throughout the hotel. The room we had was a good size although I felt the decor was a bit dated. The bath was very shallow to the point it was difficult to wash. We had breakfast a few times in the restaurant which was really tasty each time. Boston is my favourite place in America so we will definitely return at some point but we will probably try out a different hotel to see how it compares. We wouldn't rule out going back to the Lenox but we want to see what other hotels have to offer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kt1979
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Really friendly fast check in. I dislike elevators so they moved us to a lower floor without any fuss or questions. Wifi, water and posting letters all complimentary and done with a smile. Nice, classic decor. Good sized, clean, well furbished rooms. Excellent city centre location with everything close by. Really enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple