“Wonderful hotel with wonderful people.”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel with wonderful people.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hard to overstate how much we enjoyed this hotel, but perhaps the greatest feature was the bed. I've never slept in anything more comfortable. In addition, the customer service was fantastic and couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating.

The only caveat I would add was that the bathrooms are perhaps a little dated - which isn't to say that they aren't of a very high quality - they are, is just that they're a bit behind the times relative to a W Hotel or something.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieCass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Billing itself as the 'original' boutique hotel, the Lenox demonstrates all that is good about such hotels. From courteous staff to well-appointed rooms, everything was wonderful. Right in the heart of Boston's Back Bay, it is only a few steps from the Copley "T".

Green Features: hmmm .. ingenious insert in trash cans to separate glass, paper and non-recyclable trash; unfortunately, the housekeeping cart has only one bin, and it all goes in there.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BVCX122
Portland OR
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Thanks to pre-college visits and now my daughter's attendance at Northeastern, I have stayed a the Lenox 5 times in the last year and every time have been very happy with the quality of the rooms and front desk service. The rooms with two queen beds are especially nice as they are particularly room and difficult to find in the city. On several occasions I have requested, and been granted, a late checkout since my flight home does not leave until late afternoon.

Room Tip: Room prices can vary a LOT given the time of year and Boston area special events. Try to book early...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had the great good fortune of being bumped out of the Sheraton and given a night at the Lenox. It was what a hotel ought to be--from the warm greeting in the cozy lobby with a beckoning fireplace--to our charming and tasteful room. Great martinis in the bar and an excellent meal in the bistro. Superb service! Only wish I could have stayed longer!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 November 2013

If your taking a trip to Boston the Lenox without a doubt is the place to stay!! 5 Star treatment from the moment you pull up to the curb until you depart. The staff is outstanding!! The rooms warm and comfortable, located in the heart of Boston close to great restaurants and sightseeing opportunities. Located in the Hotel two wonderful restaurants we really enjoyed the Irish Pub it was just right for a wonderful lunch. When were in Boston only one place to stay The fabulous Lenox. The young blonde haired girl who helps with advice on where to eat and where to go is simply wonderful she is a true asset to this hotel. You'll not be sorry when you stay at the Lenox it was great! We travel around the country on a regular basis and this has to be one of the best hotel's we've ever visited!

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic. Just give them a smile when you come in they'll keep you smiling !
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just arrived back yesterday after a 4 night stay at the Lenox, my friend and I stayed in a junior suite on the corner of the 5th floor so our room was double aspect. When we arrived the bell boy took our bags immediately, we were checked in very quickly and our bags were taken to our room and set out on stands, the room was lovely and big with a fireplace, two double beds and a large sofa, the tv was 54inches!!!! It was all layed out beautifully with our dressing gowns and chocolates. We tried out the cocktails in the bar, excellent, the breakfast in the city bar, which I found too much so I asked for just simple scrambled egg on toast (not on the menu) and it was done, the chicken pot pie in the Solas Irish bar (recommended) and room service, very quick and friendly service.
I have only a few minor gripes about our stay:- the safe in the room is too high, I needed a chair to reach it. Our room was very noisy because the delivery lorries start from about 3:45am and sit with their engines running for hours. The heating in the room doesn't regulate itself so its either very hot or very cold.
On the 3rd and 4th night we only received 1 chocolate at turndown, we didn't complain but made and jovial comment to the receptionist about the maid not liking the way I made the bed in the mornings and that evening we had a bottle of wine and a bag filled with 10 chocolate bars with a very lovely message from the receptionist.

So all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, staff great couldn't do enough, location brilliant and very comfy beds.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite not a huge difference in price but well worth it
Green Features: they had bins in the rooms with sections for recycling
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a lovely hotel. I was in Boston on business. I exited the cab why my luggage was being retrieved. My luggage made it inside and the bellhop was waiting with it by the elevator by the time I had checked in, and he personally escorted me to my room. What service. The room was clean and quaint. I had room service the first night and it was in my room in a flash! There is a fireplace in the lobby and chairs to sit around - it's a pleasant touch as well.