“Excellent”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about everything - room, staff, service. If there was a problem it was the staff being way to helpful. The Lenox will match any internet price. We were up-graded because they weren't full, a nice touch.

We will be back. I'm not loyal to hotels, I just go for price but this has changed with The Lenox.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,453)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! The staff go above and beyond for each guest. I recently had to spend the night in the Back Bay due to a severe snow storm and could not have been more pleased with my experience at the Lenox. Everyone at the hotel made my over night experience feel more like a getaway rather than being stuck in a snowstorm. I also got to enjoy staying in one of the recently updated rooms and was very pleased with how great it looked!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I researched hotels in Boston on Tripadvisor, and I am pleased to say that my fellow reviewers didn't let me down - this is a lovely hotel.

Check-In was efficient and polite, and within 5 minutes we were on our way to our room.

We had a lovely room on a fairly high floor, (it may even have been the top floor).
The room was a good size, and had everything we needed.
At check-in we were told that the rooms didn't have kettles and tea / coffee making facilities. This was not a problem for us, and in any case they had free tea & coffee in the lobby.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was pretty quiet.
The WiFi was free and pretty decent too.

We had a drink in the bar, but we didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant - City Table. Not because we didn't fancy it, more because we were only there together for 3 nights and had other plans.

My partner went back to London on an evening flight, and I stayed one more night as I was heading off to Austin the next morning. On that night I ate in the Solas Irish pub that is joined on to the hotel.
The service and atmosphere was great, and the food was lovely too.

There's lots to do in the surrounding area, and there are loads of restaurants and plenty of shopping options too.

For breakfast I recommend you stretch your legs and head down Newbury St, towards Massachusetts Av. Opposite a big old parking garage you will find Trident Books.
It's a great book store, but it also has a two great cafes - one on the 1st floor and one one the 2nd floor, (for us Brits that's one on the Ground floor and one on the 1st floor).

For a longer walk in the other direction search out the Union Oyster House, (it's on the Freedom trail). Hang around for a seat at the old horseshoe shaped bar, and have a dozen oysters and a beer. It's a fabulous place.

I love Boston, and I will definitely go again. I would be very happy to stay in the Lenox again when I do.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelling_Scot_10
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated. The rooms are clean, spacious and have very comfortable beds. The staff is so welcoming and accommodating. We had a friend join us who is an excellent pianist. The staff retrieved a piano from storage so she could play. The restaurant and bar are excellent. This is an all around great place to stay in a prime location.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times. All rooms have been quiet, comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Whoever is handling the job interviews for this hotel deserves kudos. The friendliest spot in a city that can at times lack in that quality. Clean, spacious rooms at good value. A staff willing to help with every request. We had one of our best meals in the City Table restaurant. Excellant location if you are doing Boston school tours of BU, BC , NE, Emerson ,etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were so warmly welcomed. When checking in they offered my husband and I drinks and gave our baby girl a stuffed penguin! The rooms are nice and being centrally located makes this a great spot. But really, the people, the customer service, has made our stay extra enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I got bumped off my flight on Air France because I was 10 minutes late to check in after driving 4 hours in a Blizzard. Terrible snooty French at their worst when they could have easily let me on with an hour till the flight was to go. "so sorreeee, we couldn't possibleeee make a small change in zee paperwork so you could make your treeeep. Sorry you had to drive 4 hours and that zer eees a bleeeezard...." Horribly frustrated and now having to wait 24 hours till the next flight, I realized that I needed a hotel.
I called the Lenox and Emily answered, sounding happy to be working and very welcoming. I explained my situation and hoped for a room and was rewarded! I told her I'd seen 18 car accidents and was horribly delayed and that AF had been so terrible to deal with and thanked her profusely for getting me a room.
when I arrived, everyone was so nice!!! They had heard my story and upgraded me to a suite and I had a bottle of wine waiting with a note that said "good evening! we thought you might enjoy a glass of wine to relax after your stressful day. we are so excited to have you, please let us know if you need anything at all!, warm regards, Emily, Courtney, Kristie, and Mohamed"
wow...what a welcome. My honey and I had a great meal in the city restaurant and a great sleep.
THANK YOU LENNOX!!!! it was worth missing my flight for this.
I will always stay here when I am in Boston!
kiki