“Great, friendly hotel”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stay at The Lenox whenever we stay in Boston. Everyone in the hotel is always friendly and helpful from the second we arrive until the second we leave. It is the best service I've ever had in a hotel. I highly recommend getting one of the corner fireplace rooms if available and having a romantic late night fire with your SO. It's a great way to finish off a night in Boston. The location is excellent with access to tours, shopping, and great restaurants. L'Espalier is only a few hundred feet away. It is a short walk to the Commons and the theater district also. If that's not your style, then there is a T stop just a half block away that can take you wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,421)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived at the Lenox on a rainy night on March 29. I asked the Doorman, Peter Medeiros where to park and he showed me a curbside space across from the hotel where I would save the hotel's steep parking fee and, since it was a Saturday, we could park all day Sunday for free. He reminded me several times when I saw him at the door to feed the meter Monday morning in order not to get a ticket. Peter went above and beyond and I awarded him one of the Tripadvisor pins you had sent me. Everyone else at the hotel was very friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. We liked the historic lobby too. We know where we'll stay when we return to Boston!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gotall
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay where it all happens in Boston, look no further than the Lenox. A quaint boutique hotel which was recently renovated, the Lenox rooms are ample, ( I stayed in a king size room and easily could maneuver around ) and the amenities are top notch. The bed was also amazingly comfortable also, which is great for this traveler with a bad back! Although the one thing which was quite amusing was the industrial toilet lever in the bathroom usually reserved for public restrooms! The restaurant attached has a dark wooded bar as well as a hospitable staff. Coffee in the lobby and fruit were well welcomed in the crisp weather in April. Rooms are a bit thin walled as a baby crying could be heard next door for a good part of the first night. Still, the Lenox is within walking distance of fabulous restaurants, Boston Commons and the famed world class shopping area called Newbury Street. It is one block of the Boston library and the famous Boston marathon finish line. If you get lost at night visiting the city of Boston, all you have to do to find your hotel is look for the bright red Lenox sign and like a homing pigeon, you will be back in you stately room before you know it.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank unchartedexperiences
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed recently for our anniversary and enjoyed the location and the friendly staff. The room and bathroom were a bit worn and not as luxurious as I expected. Room size was small but decent for downtown Boston. Good things: Kiel bath products, Lindt chocolates on pillow (shop is in building also), fridge in room with two complimentary bottles of water, coffee and tea in lobby at breakfast and a bowl of bananas at reception. Also, an early check in was requested and honored at 11 am! Not so good: the soft product (i.e. sheets, bath towels and curtains) were not of the quality expected of this level of hotel, the bad was not comfortable and our anniversary was not recognized. I thought that the hotel had given us a bottle of Champagne but it turned out to be from a friend. The employee who delivered the champagne and the valet who parked our vehicle asked if we were celebrating anything and were told that it was our anniversary. I wasn't expecting anything out of this world but a hand written note or even a couple of cookies at bedtime would have made our stay more special. None of these small issue in anyway affected our special day but enough to bump my rating down to a 4 instead of 5.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rupacked
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Full disclosure, my husband & I were married at the Lenox Hotel in October...so we have a soft spot for it. I wish I could give them a six star review. We ended up staying at the hotel for three nights during our wedding festivities. The Lenox truly went above & beyond not only for us, but for our guests. Two of our friends traveling from the West Coast showed up with wet clothes due to a dryer mishap at another hotel along the way. Without asking & without charge, the Lenox took their wet clothes, dried & folded them for our friends. Everyone staying at the hotel was beyond impressed - the staff was incredibly friendly & even knew some of us by name before the end of the weekend. The hotel is right in Back Bay, so it's the perfect location and close to public transportation. The hotel & rooms are clean & well kept. Yes, some of the rooms are on the smaller side, but so are most rooms in Boston. Did I mention they have this amazing "menu" of things you can order to your room if you forgot something or want a snack - everything from M&Ms to razors! If you're planning a trip to Boston, stay here & be treated like royalty. My husband & I are always trying to find a reason to come back & be a guest here!

Room Tip: Higher rooms for a beautiful view of Boston!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a great hotel. The location is perfect, close to subway, lovely neighbourhood to walk around, close to the shops and bistros on Newbury street and close enough to walk to down town if you wanted to (45 mins). Staff were very pleasant, always greeted us when we returned to the hotel, Kristie the concierge was great and helped us get dinner reservations at some popular and wonderful restaurants. Room itself was spacious and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. My only gripe was I found the sound proofing not to be that great, we heard hallway and outside noise but this only happened occasionally and did not spoil our stay.
One tip, we took the Back Bay express from the airport, $5 whcih drops you off about 1 block from the hotel and took about 20mins

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a very traditional Boston hotel, and in the best location! Travelling by myself I found the subway system easy enough to figure out and I didn't have to go far for food as there is a long strip of nice restaurants on Boylston street, right at the hotel's door step! I loved the old world charm of this iconic hotel which was such a treat to return to by night after a long day exploring the beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo