“Great location”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice hotel, great location. We were upgraded to a suite, which was really nice and large. Bathroom could have been updated and I noticed unpainted areas above bed on ceiling that should have been taken care of. Front desk staff was VERY nice and accommodating. Location was perfect....no noise...overall very happy! Check in and room service is great....we were given an early check in and late check out. On site bars/restaurants are very good.....cocktails at City Table were great, as was lunch at the Irish Pub. Would highly recommend this hotel, and will return!

1  Thank edelweiss40
Write a ReviewReviews (3,453)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our family needed a bit of r&r after a few days roughing it in the dorms at my Harvard reunion, so it was off to the Lenox. I was stunned and surprised when the bellman ("Sid") remembered me by first name when he delivered our bags...after all, I'd been at the hotel for only a few generally unremarkable days, nearly a year ago. Such friendly service, I'm totally bonded with the Lenox now.

Room Tip: corner junior double was perfect
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family stayed at this hotel to celebrate my son's graduation from BU. The staff could not have been nicer -- even on a very busy weekend. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and we ate there several times. The central location could not be beat. This will definitely be my new go-to hotel in Boston

Room Tip: My family and friends were spread out on several floor and there was not a bad room in the bunch.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived earlier than planned, and there was no problem with an early check-in, even a complimentary suite upgrade.
Location of this hotel is perfect: shops, restaurants, park, museums, the "T", just about everything is walking distance.
Staff and service was excellent and very friendly.

The attached Irish Pub, Solas, was very good for a rainy day lunch. nice tap list.
The City Bar in the lobby is great, I'm not usually one for hotel bars, but this place was very nice. Perfect for a nightcap.

We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The eleventh floor is supposed to be completely allergy free, all rooms have hepa filters.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a cozy, comfortable, gilded, gorgeous, fragrant, jewel of a hotel! The young, but competent, staff was spot-on whether it was room service, gift delivery to other rooms, and the best concierge (Casey) we've dealt with in years! The 3 bars each had their own cool vibe---the food was scrumptious, too!
Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, next to the Judy Garland suite, very quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my husband as a surprise birthday trip to Boston for the first week in May and it was one of our best trips yet. This was our first trip to Boston and we stayed at the Lenox for 5 nights and can't say enough about the location and service. My husband has always wanted to see the Red Sox play at Fenway and we made it to 2 afternoon games that we could easily walk to and from the hotel The walk to Boston Common and the Public Gardens was also a highlight. The number of great restuarants, access to shopping and area in general made the Lenox the perfect choice and we will stay there again for sure on our next trip to Boston. We enjoyed everything about the trip and will and have recommended the Lenox to everyone we know. Can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stay at The Lenox whenever we stay in Boston. Everyone in the hotel is always friendly and helpful from the second we arrive until the second we leave. It is the best service I've ever had in a hotel. I highly recommend getting one of the corner fireplace rooms if available and having a romantic late night fire with your SO. It's a great way to finish off a night in Boston. The location is excellent with access to tours, shopping, and great restaurants. L'Espalier is only a few hundred feet away. It is a short walk to the Commons and the theater district also. If that's not your style, then there is a T stop just a half block away that can take you wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple