“Good location but rooms need refurbishing”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Barcelona, Spain
“Good location but rooms need refurbishing”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Pros:
LOCATION - The location of the Lenox is great. It is on Boylston Street, one block away from Newbury, 2 blocks from Prudential Center, Copley Place, Commonwealth Avenue. Great for runners, the hotel gives a running map with suggested paths.
Bath products - They use Kiehl's
There were cookies and iced tea when I checked in but maybe it was because it was Memorial Day.
They gave me an umbrella when I checked out because it was raining.
Free and fast internet
Cons:
Rooms feel old, like they need refurbishing. Air conditioner made a funny noise all night. Decor is dated.
Breakfast wasn't bad but wasn't great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank angypsy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently stayed at The Lenox Hotel with our 12 yr old daughter based on great reviews from TripAdvisor. We thought this was truly a gem of a hotel. The rooms were beautifully decorated and quite spacious. Beds and pillows were very comfortable....hotel was peaceful and quiet at night. Good shower pressure and nice clean bathrooms. The hotel is very convenient to great shopping, restaurants and many historical sites - walking distance from all the action Boston has to offer. The service was also top notch - from the front desk to the bellmen to the concierge. We liked the hotel so much we came back for our last night in Boston after exploring the White Mountains in New Hampshire. This will definitely be our "go to" hotel in Boston!

Room Tip: As for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at The Lenox on New Year's Day for 5 days. It was incredible from the minute we were stepping out of the taxi. The service from everyone from the door to reception to restaurant & bar was the best we had ever experienced. The hotel is absolutely stunning right down to the little details. The rooms are impeccable and the beds are so luxurious!

Great location! Walked to Newberry Street, Boston Public Garden, Boston Common & Quincy Market. Beautiful churches and delicious cafes/restaurants nearby. Plenty of retail therapy close by too! We didn't want to leave.

After checking out, we left to fly out to Toronto early in the morning but we were snowed in during the Polar Vortex. After 12 long hours at the airport trying to organise flights and rearrange our trip, we were told that we were stranded in Boston for 4 more days (not that I cared, it's my favourite city!). as we had planned to be in Canada, had no where to go so we thought we would ring The Lenox and pray that there was a room available at such short notice. Not only were we welcomed back warmly, but we were upgraded to a gorgeous suite at our original price! I was terribly sick with a nasty febrile cold when we returned, and after about ten minutes of settling into our room for the second time, reception sent up a lovely bottle of red wine to make us feel better about being stranded at airport all day.
On our final night, we were downstairs having a delicious meal and we returned to a bag full of goodies on out bed including heaps of chocolates, candy, beautiful candles and eye masks, with a handwritten note signed from staff members, thanking us for our stay. What hotel does that?!

This place is like no other. My mum back in Australia, was so thankful to The Lenox for how they looked after us, she now recommends it to everyone that goes to USA. She says 'Go to Boston and stay at The Lenox!' I must admit, we also do the same. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Thankyou to everyone at The Lenox. You're in our most favourite highlights of our 6 week trip around USA. No other place came close, best hotel I've ever stayed at.

Lisa

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Midcoast, Maine, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our 1st & 2nd choice hotels in Boston were sold out, so my husband & I took a chance on The Lenox based on the reviews we read. So glad we did, we loved it!! Lucky find for us!! Loved the atmosphere, rooms were lovely. There was a bottle of sparkling wine w/ glasses in our room wishing us a wonderful Anniversary night w/ a personalized note. The staff was very friendly & we can't wait to go back! Location is awesome in The Back Bay! We walked to The Charles River, Newbury St., & Prudential Center. City Bar was fun for a quick cocktail before dinner. Fantastic time! *Skip the room service for breakfast, $$$ & it wasn't that great :( Also, not sure if we would stay there with our 3 young children. Atmosphere seemed more for singles, couples or maybe mature children…? But, definitely worth checking out! We had an amazing time! I didn't give it 5 stars because of the breakfast, sorry!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smine3
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I tried The Lenox Hotel on the basis of its tripadvisor / booking.com ratings and its location. The hotel is at the corner of Exeter and Boylston - a great location for walking through Back Bay, going to good restaurants, shopping at Copley Place mall, Prudential's shops / the St. Francis chapel, or taking the train from Back Bay station to northern MA, which I had to do twice to visit family during my five nights there. However: 1) basic room 620 was poorly lighted, the smell was off, and it offered a lousy view of the backs of city buildings; 2) the service at the front desk upon check-in (Alex) and check-out were both curt and rushed, except for one of the two concierges and the doormen at Exeter Street - by the way, they could not even find my luggage for 10 minutes when I stored it for 1.5 hours upon check out; 3) the room attendant was sloppy, in one case leaving behind her entire spool of plastic garbage can liners and often not refilling the tissues or amenities; she also used wrinkled bedsheets. There were none of the personal touches that others experienced and raved about and it was definitely not a "luxury hotel." Nor did it have the feel of a charming boutique hotel. I feel bad about this review but would like to warn others not to be too excited about this hotel. You might not get what you pay for or you may have to be more forthright during your stay. I travel monthly for personal or business reasons and next time, I will spend more and have a more enjoyable stay with a different Back Bay hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MominTokyo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was absolutely one of the BEST if the not THE BEST hotels we have ever stayed at. Our family has traveled all over the world and this nothing but the most excellent experience.
The staff is incredible and thoughtful. From check in to check out, they made sure our family was taken care of.
There are many, many hotel choices in Boston, but if you want a delightful stay, choose the Lenox Hotel. We will always return here and will let everyone we know that this is the ONLY choice for us!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

In my research before our trip, I had become so excited about the Lenox: the attention to detail, the cookies in the lobby that were mentioned in almost every review, the location, and the fact that it was my birthday trip and I convinced my husband that it was worth it to stay here as opposed to using his Hilton points and staying free at the Hilton Back Bay. When making our reservations, I specifically asked if there were 2 queen beds since our 17 year old was coming with us. They were definitely not queens but instead 2 doubles! I never saw cookies in the lobby and the "friendly" doormen didn't make eye contact and even snapped at us when we asked him to get a cab for us because the streets were blocked off for a Puerto Rican parade. The most frustrating part was that I called to make our reservation instead of booking online so that I could inquire about the queen size beds and to let them know we were coming for my birthday. After reading all of the reviews, what a disappointment to know there was no personal service and no mention of a celebration trip. I'm not sure what the other reviewers experienced, but the Lenox was not all it was hyped up to be. Sadly disappointed!

Stayed August 2014