“Very Disapointed!” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very Disapointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Room was nicely furnished, with a comfortable king size bed.
No in-house Movies/DVD's just a few TV channels.
Mini Bar was never re-stocked in the entire 5 days of our stay.
Shower was poor, very small bath tub for people over 5'6.
Had the worst Steak I've ever tasted. Both myself and my wife had to send our food back.
Location for both Downtown and Back Bay was very good.
Hotel under renovation, not informed about prior to booking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fibrepros
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear fibrepros,

Please allow me to express how sorry I am about your recent disappointing experience at our hotel. Regarding your comments on In House Movies, we purposely choose not to offer in house movies but instead provide high quality HDTV in all our guest rooms. Hotel guests have a choice of 47 HD channels including 6 foreign language channels. I certainly do apologize for the shortfall with our minibar service as well as your disappointing meal from In Room Dining. I wish we could of had an opportunity to address these issues while you were here, which would have given us a chance to remedy these deficiencies right away. I thank you for feedback and hope you will return again in the future in spite of this less than satisfactory experience .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I were in Boston for a few days around Paddy's weekend after previous nice breaks here. We had never stayed in the Langham previously but decided to give it a go. When we arrived the lobby was under construction which did detract from the impact and comfort of the hotel - a detail that was not disclosed prior to us making the booking. However, the room was nice if somewhat dated and the location was very handy. The pool was nice if small. The staff were generally friendly. Overall, it's a reasonable hotel but certainly the rooms are due a facelift. My favourite hotel in Boston remains Jurys and the steakhouse across the road from it is excellent and I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

my wife and i were fortunate to spend five nights in the states as we celebrated my 50th birthday by visiting boston and choosing the langham and could not have been happier.the hotel marked the occasion with a room upgrade and a gift of chocolates. the mark of a good hotel is not only the quality of the accomadation,but also the staff who run it.everyone ,from doorstaff and reception,to the barstaff and cleaners were first class with nothing being too much trouble.this combined with a great location in boston makes the langham a truly fantastic hotel.i will be back,faultless

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the park provide a pleasant view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeff b
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear jeff b,
We are so happy that you chose The Langham, Boston to celebrate your 50th Birthday! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our accommodations to your liking. I agree with you that the mark of a good hotel is the dedication of its staff, which is why we at The Langham are constantly striving for service perfection. Please know that your kind words have been shared with our colleagues in hopes that it will encourage them to keep up the excellent work. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

General Manger
Oregon, WIsconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Service of impeccable quality and beautifully gracious guest rooms are the hallmarks of this great Boston hotel. The Langham, Boston, was the hotel we chose for ourselves and our guests at our daughter's wedding. We could not have been more pleased. The staff is always courteous and bends over backwards to be sure everything is perfect for your stay. The concierge works wonders, getting reservations at very busy local restaurants, and makes great recommendations. The rooms are luxurious, beds extremely comfortable, and bath amenities in the suites the best I have found. The location is an easy walk to Long Wharf, Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market, the Freedom Trail, the North End, The Aquarium, Boston Commons and Gardens.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank badgertravelers
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear badgetravelers,
Thank you for your very kind and complimentary review! You described our hotel in such flattering terms, and I am thrilled that you found everything to your liking during your visit. Likewise, I hope your daughter also enjoyed her time at The Langham during her wedding festivities. We strive to make every bride our top priority to help ensure a smooth and problem free big day. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special occasion and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

General Manger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at The Langham, and which is undergoing a well needed make over. Our room was comfortable but the decor was a bit tired - some of the rooms further down the hall were being redecorated so maybe we were just unlucky.

The hotel is very central for the major sights but not too close that you are disturbed. That said were just above the spa and they play the most ANNOYING oriental music on a loop from 6am to 10pm!

Dear SherrifRoscoe,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that your stay was satisfactory, but I do wish it had been more enjoyable. At The Langham we strive to provide our guests with the best service and accommodations, so I’m sad to see that your room location was not ideal. Please know that, upon your next visit, we will be more than happy to place you away from the elevators. Once requested, we will keep this preference in our files so you will not have a repeat of this last experience. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you will visit us again so you can see the newly renovated lobby!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed two nights at the Langham while on a business trip to Boston in May 2012. I was very impressed with the hotel and the attentive service I received from the hotel staff. I appreciated the small details (i.e., putting me in the back of the hotel for added peace and quiet and a gorgeous view of the Faneuil Hall Clock tower, always referring to me by name, etc.), and I definitely plan to stay here again on future trips.

Pros
- Expedient check in process and great staff
- Prime location for business travel; proximity to the "financial district" and airport
- The rooms are so comfortable! This could also be a con as I missed a meeting one morning because I didn't want to get out of the warmth and comfort of my bed

Cons
- If you're looking for nightlife, you will likely have to take a cab (it seems as though everything around the hotel closes by 9 pm on week days)
- Expensive room service and bottled water ($9 - $13 for a bottle of Voss). This is par for the course at most hotels though

Tips
-Room 708 has a lovely view
- If you drink a ton of water (like me), consider buying a few bottles at the airport to keep in your room

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Slough, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a 5 night break at the Langham Hotel in March 2012 for our anniversary, which we booked using Air Miles (now Avios). On arrival the staff were courteous and very helpful and we were fortunate enough to get upgraded from a Classic Room to a Superior Room which included a few little extras and we really appreciated.

We couldn't fault the service of the staff or the standard of the room. We didn't get to use the Leisure or Spa facilities but did investigate them and they looked above average with a decent size swimming pool and gym equipment.

The only disenchantment I can mention re the hotel was breakfast, which we felt was very expensive, didn't taste particularly nice, too small for the price and the service was quite poor. We (personally) prefer a buffet style breakfast where we can choose as much or as little as we like. After our disappointing experience of the first day’s breakfast we ventured elsewhere for the rest of our stay, however we were also disappointed with the limited choice close by!

The hotel Reception was undergoing renovation at the time of our stay, but this didn’t cause any problems or disruptions and pretty much went unnoticeable, it certainly didn’t spoil our stay.
The hotel is within walking distance of all major sights and attractions so we had no problems getting around either by foot or using the "T" system public transport.

On the whole we had an enjoyable holiday in Boston helped by our stay at The Langham and would recommend the hotel and be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkillFamily
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
“Dear SkillFamily,

First, I would like to thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am very happy to read that you found our staff and accommodations to your liking. We are constantly striving for excellence in every aspect of the hotels’ operations. This brings me to my second point. I was saddened to see that you found our traditional breakfast options lacking. Please know that we do offer buffet style breakfasts on the weekends from 7:00am to 10:00am. We also offer a Brunch Buffet on Sundays from 11:00am to 3:00pm, which includes a wide assortment of foods including breakfast, seafood, artisanal meats and cheeses, and a selection of desserts from our award winning Chocolate Bar. I do hope the next time you stay with us we can better fulfill your breakfast needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham the next time you are in Boston!”