“Nice hotel, excellent location!”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newtown, Connecticut
“Nice hotel, excellent location!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Langham over this Labor Day weekend to do some sightseeing.
We'd never stayed at a hotel downtown so this was a new experience, but we're glad we chose this hotel. Valet, bell service, and check-in were great - the staff were super friendly and attentive.

Our room was normal size for an urban center, and very nicely appointed. The TV was modern as was the thermostat. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean! We really cannot complain about the condition of the room itself or the hallway, etc.

I had a chance to use the jacuzzi/pool area and that too is very modern, clean, and nice. It was a little strange walking into the spa in order to get to the pool, that's something I wasn't accustomed to, but I guess it keeps the riff raff away!? I will say that the water at the shower *in* the pool area never got hot.

I will say is that the lobby is in the process of being renovated. It's not extremely noticeable, but we did find some exposed sheetrock and such. The elevators are also kind of scary, a little wobbly and old, like 1976 old. We were also turned off with the fact that we needed to pay for WiFi. With what we were paying for the weekend, that seemed a bit 'nickel-and-dimey.'
Other than that everything was else perfect.

I got a drink at the hotel bar, Bond, definitely worth a stop in before you go out for the night. You can't beat the location, you're within walking distance to the Aquarium and all that area has to offer, not to mention the dozens of bars, mostly of Irish persuasion!
Overall I'd say it's worth what we paid and I would certainly return another time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I recently stayed at The Langham Hotel for one night with my sister. I work in hospitality in Los Angeles so I am always paying close attention when I stay at other properties and this one exceeded my expectations! I was given a great rate and complimentary upgrade to an executive suite. The staff was so so SO friendly and helpful. The only small issue I had was that when we arrived there was no one outside to greet us so we weren't sure where to go or what to do with our car. If they upped the door/bell staff that'd be a plus. I will defintiely be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Had a 2 night stay at the Langham in August 2012. I booked this hotel expecting a "Langham experience", as I have stayed at other Langham hotels. As soon as we walked in, I was disappointed. The signature Langham smell was not there! I asked the staff member checking us in and was dismissed and told that I could buy the scent in their gift shop. No siree! I had talked up this hotel to my travelling companions, and was on the back foot already.
The rooms were traditional - in fact a little dated. But very comfortable with King sized beds.
If you would like a view of anything but a building, this isn't your hotel. It's a low rise in the financial district.
Breakfast was exceptional, with an a-la-carte menu rather than a buffet on weekdays. This hotel is walking distance to the waterfront where there is a lot going on. Also nearby is an area of Irish pubs - absolutely pumping in the evenings.
Overall, this Langham hotel isn't to the standard of Melbourne or Hong Kong, so please limit your expectations if you've stayed in other Langhams. Thankfully, I got a good rate at this property due to the renovations. The new lobby will be spectacular, and hopefully they will renovate the halls and rooms soon after to update what should be a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

well trained staffs, superb housekeeping except the one in the health centre...a bit not trained properly. The lobby has gone a major renovation. We stayed a week and was given a big room. this property is in downtown Boston which is a financial centre. very reasonable price and will stay there again..

• Stayed August 2012
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Spent 4 nights with two other couples over Labor Day Weekend. Hotel is an historic building as it once was the Boston Federal Reserve Bank . Location is within financial district, easy walking to harbor , Fanuel Hall, Quincy Markets, etc. We had a standard king room which was small but very nice. Front desk a little on the snobby side, would not help with printing out flight boarding pass early one morning. If your an early coffee drinker, get it in lobby between 6:00 am & 8:00 am, as it is taken away promptly at 8:00 am? Concierge was very helpful in getting dinner reservations. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, MAssachusetts, USA
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The Langham, Boston does not disappoint. Reception is personal and genuine. Rooms are just what you would expect from a hotel of this level, and the location is ideal.

Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, the Langham's goal is to anticipate your needs and ensure a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Philadelphia suburb
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The langham is modeled after the hotel in London. Pure and simple British elegance. When we visited there were renovations going on in the lobby which displaced some if he tradional services. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are well appointed and quite comfortable. The location is very convenient to many Boston attractions and an easy walk to public transportation stations.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple