“Really welcolming visit with wonderful room.”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We visited Boston on 29th November for 5 days staying at the Langham. From the moment we arrived we were made most welcome and it really dd feel like a home from home. The staff did show a genuine interest in you and nothing was too much trouble. The room we were allocated was excellent with everything you needed and the cleaning staff service was first class and our room was always clean and tidy. The swmming pool faclities were welcome too and we enjoyed several relaxing swms followed by a sauna in preparation for a relaxing meal later on. We have stayed in numerous hotels all over the world but this is right up there with the best of them and we would throughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Boston.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert1104
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Robert1104,
Thank you for your review of your recent 5 night stay with us at The Langham Boston. I am delighted that you found our accommodations, staff, and facilities excellent and hospitable. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am happy to hear that our staff, from your arrival up through your departure, contributed to making you feel welcome and creating a “home away from home” while in Boston. Thank you again for your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Langham on your next visit to Boston. Serge Denis, General Manager

There are newer reviews for The Langham, Boston

Reviewed 10 December 2012

On our tour of the East Coast we stayed 4 nights at The Langham and were not disappointed. Our room was a good size and very clean with all the necessary bathroom amenities you will ever require. The location is also very good with it being only a short walk to the centre.
We also had drinks in the upper cocktail bar and whilst slightly on the pricey side was still enjoyable.
After a long day site-seeing we would go the spa and swimming pool to chill out before going out for dinner in Boston.
We would stay there again should we decide to visit Boston again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and faced inwards and very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear DMCMStocktononTees,
Thank you for your kind review on The Langham Boston and for the kind words about our hotel. We are thrilled that you had a pleasant 4 night stay with us and that our accommodations, Health Spa and BOND Restaurant and Bar were enjoyable and to your liking. During your next stay with us, please be sure to explore our new champagne lounge, The Reserve. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you the next time that you visit Boston. Serge Denis, General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Moms and 4 teenage girls stayed at the Langham in Spring 2012. The hotel was undergoing major renovations but the room was very nice...we felt pampered in that old hotel kind of way and it was very clean and well attended. We walked to Quincy every morning for breakfast and could walk to the North End and the aquarium...short taxi trip to other Boston locations. It was a great get-away weekend...

Room Tip: We had 3 of us in the room and they supplied a very comfortable cot for one of the girls. The rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Lakeeffectfamily,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you have found our location convenient and that you and your daughters had an enjoyable time with us. I was aware that the state of our lobby at the time of your stay did not reflect the true ambience of our property, so I would love for you to see the newly renovated lobby when you return to Boston. I thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you again to The Langham Boston. Serge Denis, General Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I recently returned from a memorable stay at the Langham. It's location is super, it's a lovely hotel, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. We also got a very good deal there. I would highly recommend it, and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnneL123

Dear AnneL123,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Langham Boston. We are delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. I am happy that you found our hotel to your liking and thank you as well for complimenting our hotel staff. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Serge Denis, General Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2012

To be very honest, I stayed at this hotel as I could not find any availability with decent rates in the Copley area where I usually stay when I travel to Boston. So based on reviews here and there, I tried the Langham and I have to say that I was very very pleased! Perhaps the financial district is no the fanciest or lively area in Boston, but it's very well located from Quincy Market or the North End and it's great restaurants and cafes and also not very far away from Copley. It was also walking distance to the meeting I had to attend, so it was good! My room was a very nice one, as you can see in the pic and I felt well and comfortable with a great bed too! Staff were very friendly and cooperative! I will definitely consider staying at the Langham on my next trip to Boston!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Chispito,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am happy that you had a pleasant first stay with us and that you found our accommodations comfortable and to your liking. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service, and I am pleased that our staff have represented us well and succeeded. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Langham on your next trip to Boston. Serge Denis

Reviewed 26 November 2012

The Langham definitely makes an effort at being a trendy. They have a lounge/dance club that they try to say is one of the best in Boston. The lobby is nice, but nothing spectacular. The rooms are comfortable with all the right amenities. Overall, the hotel has everything needed to make it trendy. And, it kinda is. Oh, the most important thing - they have an obnoxiously high price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was greeted with warm welcome upon arrival and had my room upgraded. The Langham Boston, not only located close to Washington Street and Quincy Market; it is close to all sorts of amenities.
I would definitely stay at the Langham Boston again on any of my subsequent visits.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business