“Possibly my favorite hotel in the world”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Possibly my favorite hotel in the world”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

You know when something is so good you don't want to tell anyone? Well this place is truly awful, please stay away. I am of course kidding, the Langham is spectacular. I have yet to find a hotel that is this all-round amazing. And with such consistency! This was my second trip to the Boston Langham, and it was even better than the last. I like to do a birthday weekend, complete with constant in-room service and spa treatments. I barely left my room in two days (I finally popped out and saw some of Boston on the final day, but it was a close call), so I can tell you everything there is to know about every service offered. Everything at this place is perfect. The service, the views, the location, the food! I normally do pros and cons, but I seriously can't think of a con and my pros would last forever, so I offer you my highlights:

I asked for a DVD player on arrival, and received one promptly, and the man who installed it was extremely courteous and polite and quick.
I had in room dining about 4 times during my stay, and each time the food arrived exactly as scheduled, tasted delicious and was not all that expensive!
The spa!!! I wish I could remember the name of the lady who treated me at the Chai Body and Soul (my treatment was Dec 29, 2012 if anyone can help me) because she was amazing. I had a scrub, massage and facial and it was worth every penny. Not only that but the woman was super friendly and very knowledgeable, we hit it off- it felt like talking to an old friend. I've never been more comfortable and relaxed in my life. I went back to my room and sort of melted unto the bed where I stayed for quite awhile. I've had treatments since, and they simply don't compare.
Reception/front desk/doormen- highly commendable, the kind of outstanding service you expect from a world class chain like the Langham, but with the added charm of a Boston drawl.

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere else, just spectacular!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Meftihe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in December at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that your second stay with us was memorable and that it exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you love your accommodations, Chuan Body & Soul and our food and beverage offer, and that you feel that we are one of your favorite hotels. Thank you again for your flattering review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Serge Denis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I recently surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with fun-filled night at BOND (a fabulous lounge at The Langham) followed by an overnight stay at the hotel. Everything and everyone was impeccable. The decor and ambiance of the newly renovated main lobby instantly made us forget that we were even in Boston. It felt like we took a weekend trip to some magical sanctuary! After the quick and friendly check in, we went up to the room to leave our bags. We were impressed the minute we walked into our superior room overlooking the Commons. The bathroom was super spacious and perfectly lit (very important when you need to do your makeup!) and lavish decor of the room with plush bedding made it hard for us to go downstairns! Nonetheless, we did, and ended up having a great time dancing the night away at BOND. In-room dining (breakfast) the next AM was terrific. Speaking of dining, I have had lunch with clients at Langham's BOND as well as Cafe Fleuri in the past year and the food is phenomenal. Anything from gourmet burgers to chilled seafood to small plates to afternoon tea and let's not forget perfect cocktails was stellar.

Upon checking out, I had one more surpirse up my sleeve: couples massage at Chuan Spa right there on the 3rd floor at the Langham. I am a spa snob, and even I was blown away by the level of expertise of Chuan's massage therapists, locker room, waiting area, hot tub and pool! My boyfriend was equally impressed and at the end he said: Wow, this place is truly a one stop shop! We will both recommend it to our couple-friends and out of town guests because it truly doesn't get better than this in Boston if you are looking for vibrant nightlife scene, lavish accomodations, world class cusine and spa. We look forward to our next fabulous stay-cation at The Langham Boston!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luba G
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Luba G,

Thank you for your flattering review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful surprise birthday stay that exceeded your expectations! I am pleased that you found our newly renovated lobby to be magical, our accommodations to be lavish and plush, and that you had a wonderful experience in BOND and at Chuan Body & Soul. I have shared your comments with all the respective departments. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to The Langham, Boston soon!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with beautifully appointed rooms. We had a top floor large superior room with huge windows, beautiful bathroom and very quiet. The lobby is extremely elegant and the hotel is situated in the perfect location. We stayed there before a New England cruise and were so thrilled to see that we were within walking distance of Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall and the North End. Loved the turn down service with the chocolat on my pillow when we arrived back from sightseeing. You will love this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear zebra949,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our newly renovated Lobby to be elegant, our accommodations beautiful and quiet, and our location ideal for sightseeing. I have shared your comment regarding how you loved the Turn Down Service with our Housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I recently decided to surprise my husband with an overnight stay at The Langham. He works right in the area but had never been to the hotel. I wanted things to be special and had called previous to check in and spoke with Larissa. She was wonderful and said everything would be all set. I arrived ahead of my husband and upon check-in was immediately upgraded to a suite. I didn't even have to ask! It seemed that the staff just could not wait to exceed my expectations. Larissa even gave me a voucher towards any hotel services. I later used the voucher for appetizers in the very trendy Bond restaurant where I had told my husband we were going for drinks. The waitress was in on the surprise and came over with a tray of macaroons with a candle and Happy Birthday written in chocolate! My husband was floored. Even more so later when she gave him our room key and asked him to meet me upstairs! The room was gorgeous! Floor to ceiling windows that looked out over a lovely park below. The bed was super comfortable and all the linens and towels were so rich and thick. After returning from dinner in the North End there were chocolates laid out for us and another birthday wish written in chocolate. The room was quiet and coffee the next morning was really nice as we enjoyed it in the sitting area. My husband worked out in the gym and said it was the nicest one he had ever been in and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. I guess that is the overall impression is that all the staff at The Langham could not be more willing, to help with anything that was needed. After we checked out we enjoyed a delicious sandwich at Bond and again the food was wonderful, surpassed only by the smiling waiters who anticipated our every need. Delicious homemade potato chips! The area is a bit quiet but that is great at night because it is easier to sleep. Many points of interest, Fanueil Hall, the North End, Seaport are are all within easy walking distance. OUr weekend was wonderful and we are already looking at the calendar to see when we can return. You will not be disappointed in The Langham.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter. Try to get a room with a view of the park.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capturedgarden
Dear capturedgarden,
Thank you for your flattering review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations to ensure that your “surprise stay” for your husband was flawless and unforgettable. I have shared your kind comments with Larissa and the Front Office team, along with the BOND and Housekeeping teams. I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed at the Langham last year as they were undergoing some renovations in their lobby. I have to say, when I returned last month, I was in shock. In a good way. The lobby was amazingly redone and the new champagne lounge, The Reserve is wonderful. It's a place where you can relax and unwind, anytime of day. The rooms here are perfect and the location of the hotel, especially for a business traveler like me, can't be beat. This hotel is top notch and I can't wait to return in April.

• Stayed January 2013
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Jmbrody,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us at The Langham Boston. I am delighted to read that you found the new design of our lobby to be amazing, and that you felt that our new lounge, The Reserve was an ideal place to relax and unwind in. I thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham in April.

Tralee
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I spent five nights there last week. From the moment we arrived after a long flight we knew we were somewhere special. The staff were very friendly but we must recognise and compliment one in particular The Concierge Keith Loveless. He was just incredible and the most helpful we have ever encountered. He booked us tickets for an NBA game and everywhere that he recommended was spot on. It is great when you are in a new city and get should good advice. He even gave us his mobile number when he was off duty to contact him if we needed help.
The restaurant in the hotel served delicious food and had a great wine selection. We would certainly visit again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear KerryTralee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you and your husband had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our food and wine selection. Hopefully on your next stay you will have the chance to try our other two restaurants. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly, and that Keith was able to make your stay that much more memorable. I have already shared your comment with him and his department. We hope to welcome you and your husband back to The Langham and to Boston in the near future.
PARIS
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at the Langham 3 nights in december as part of a business trip I did in Boston. My overall impression was very good.
- The hotel is well situated in the middle of the business district, so it only took me 5 mn to get to my meetings. Also the hotel is not far from Quincy market, which offered me the opportunity to do some shopping in the evening.
- Hotel itself is very clean, service level is very good, staff is nice and welcoming
- Rooms are big and very comfortable (although not very modern which I usually prefer)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Wendymon,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at The Langham Boston in December. I am pleased that you found our location well situated and ideal for both your business and leisure needs. It is always great to hear that you found our staff welcoming and our accommodations confortable. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham on your next trip to Boston.