“The Langham helped make our wedding weekend amazing!!”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bedford, Massachusetts
“The Langham helped make our wedding weekend amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

What I will take away most about the Langham is that they really made us feel special for our wedding. We're thrilled we decided to block rooms with them. All of our guests loved their rooms, the service, the turn down, the atmosphere...everything! My now wife and I felt very taken care of throughout, as well. The little congratulatory notes that were left in our suite along with sweets and flowers really made a lasting impression that did not go overlooked. Brandon and Linda were fantastic throughout the planning process and we are thankful for their kindness and professionalism. My wife also got a massage at Chuan Spa on both Saturday and Sunday mornings and she had an amazing experience both times with Eileen.

We stayed in the contemporary suite, which was phenomenal for a wedding couple. Perfect space to get ready with friends and family stopping by. Beautiful views of the city from the windows and plenty of room for hair and makeup. Other folks loved their rooms, too, from the classic queen to the deluxe doubles or king rooms. The details really put the Langham over the top. I should also mention the beds were SO comfortable. Better than any hotel bed I've ever stayed in. I cannot rave enough about how great the conditions and services were throughout.

The Langham staff was phenomenal from top to bottom and we are so grateful and thankful for everyone there. We did have some issues firming up how many rooms remained on our block a few weeks prior to the wedding, but worked it out with Linda and Brandon with no negative effects on our wedding guests.

We will never forget our wedding and our time spent at the Langham. Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Mary K,

Congratulations once again on your marriage! On behalf of everyone here at The Langham, we are delighted that we were able to provide a wonderful stay for you and your husband along with your guests. Thank you for mentioning the exceptional service you received from our colleagues, especially from Brandon, Linda and Eileen. Please know that your comments have been shared with them. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you and your guests for such a special event and on behalf of myself and my colleagues, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. The service, rooms, restaurant, and gym are all wonderful. The rooms are quite expensive but even so I would recommend staying here for special occasions.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear DDO89,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our accommodations and services wonderful, and enjoyed our restaurants. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to welcome you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel is modern and classicat the same time. The staff are skilled and truly pleasant. We live in massachusetts but decided to stay in the city. The history of the building is very cool, the rooms are large, clean and updated with everything you need for technology. The b athrooms were spacious also. We used the gymn inthe morning, great cardio, weightlifting and pool.

The only area of improvement would be the valet service. It was really quite poor, it was a rainy weekend and we waited at least 20 minutes each time, regardless of time of day or calling ahead.

Room Tip: Go through hotwire, we paid a third of the price.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Cynthia M,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the accommodations spacious and clean. Thank you for complementing our colleagues on their skilled and pleasant service. Regarding your comment about the Valet Service, I have spoken with the head of the Service to ensure that issues like this do not reoccur. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was in Boston visiting last Christmas. My hostess kicked me out and dumped me on the ferry to prepare for her family. I was told to not come back until dinner. Great move !
So, I had a couple of BM's on the ferry and walked historic Beacon Hill, etc. with no predetermined route. Am I ever happy I found this place. The lobby is amazing. I walked off the street and was transformed. Needing a pint I asked where the bar was. After finding it I was guided by a beautiful young lady up two sets of stairs, landing in between.
Look folks, I love dives and I love elegance provided there is atmosphere. The Langham is in its own way the nicest bar I've ever been in, period ! The space is enormous. i was very casual yet no eyebrows. I could smell money and the pea soup the gentlemen next to me were dining on. Kind of cool. Big money player's. I'm in the business like them and just observed. Bartender was great. I felt like a midget among giants which is not a bad thing since I'm 6' tall. Miss it and it's your problem.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear John G,

Thank you for your review of your visit to The Langham, Boston in December. I am delighted to read that you found our lobby amazing and enjoyed your time in our Bar and Lounge BOND. Thank you as well for mentioning that you feel it to be one of the “nicest bars” that you have been to. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at this classic hotel.

Has the high end feel of a 4 Seasons or Ritz Carlton.

You feel welcome. Rooms are nicely decorated. Solid furniture.

Bell service was a bit of a mess, not very attentive.

Very friendly staff.

A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCQ
Dear TravelCQ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased that you found our accommodations and services enjoyable, and our colleagues friendly. I am disappointed to hear about the Bell Service and have spoken with our Head Concierge to ensure that all Bell staff follow The Langham Service standards. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham.

Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Excellent place, nice rooms, great service, beautiful pool and gym. Very central location in the financial district. Highly recommended for a business trip. Not sure or I would choose it if traveling with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Theo1965,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our central location in downtown Boston ideal. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to The Langham with your family on your next visit to Boston.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent two days celebrating our first anniversary and honeymoon at The Langham, and I'm so glad we did. The room was tastefully decorated and the king bed was incredibly comfortable. We were in Room 509 and had a beautiful view overlooking the park.

The service was impeccable. Shortly after checking in, we received complimentary lemonade and a chocolate tray. Later that night, we returned to roses and chocolate truffles on our bed. I really appreciated the turn down service, so that each night we returned to the room tidied, curtains closed, slippers waiting by the bed, and truffles and a weather report on the pillows. (Btw, the slippers and robes were so soft and comfortable.)

The location of the hotel was perfect. Being in the financial district allowed the block to be quiet at night, but within short walking distance to anything you want to do in Boston. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 509 had a beautiful view overlooking the park and was incredibly quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle W
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Danielle W,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston to celebrate your honeymoon and first anniversary. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us that exceeded your expectations. I am pleased that you found the service provided by our colleagues to be impeccable, and that the little anniversary touches during Turn Down helped to make your stay with us that much more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.