“Gorgeous rooms, elegant service, excellent location”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lyme, New Hampshire
“Gorgeous rooms, elegant service, excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had the good fortune of staying at the Langham during a recent business trip. Located in the heart of Boston's Financial District, next to a park and only a few blocks from historic Fanueil Hall and the Granary Cemetery, and the transportation hub South Station. The service has been impeccable, from check-in to room service to maid service to the restaurant. All the decor is extremely elegant, and the room nicely outfitted. It is pricy, to be sure, especially extras like the restaurant and room service and minibar and Internet ($13-18 per day). But sometimes it sure is nice to be pampered.

Room Tip: My room overlooked a street, but I know some will overlook the park. Might as well as about a park...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear dfkotz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and found our décor elegant and our location ideally suited to your needs. Thank you as well for complementing the exceptional service you received from our colleagues throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit to the city.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Via Expedia we were able to book a superior room for $ 190 per night at the Langham. Upon checking in, we got an upgrade. It's a very classy hotel with great service. Frustrating, again, was the wifi charged at $ 13 a day for a basic connection. (A more speedy connection even costed more. The hotel will argue that in the lobby and bar it's free but still I feel that in this day and age wifi should be complementary certainly in this type of hotel.) Valet parking was $ 77 for two days. The beds were fabulous. All in all a good stay and we might consider the Langham again when visiting Boston.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear DeKokkies,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us overall and found our accommodations comfortable and the service from our colleagues excellent. Thank you for your comment regarding our wireless internet. We are currently charging for this service; however we are constantly reviewing guest comments which may result in a change of policy in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to welcome you back to The Langham, Boston.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just got back from three nights at the Langham, which we were lucky to book on hotwire. I travel with my husband and our 1 year old twins. We are fairly well traveled. I will divide my review by sections/topics:
1) Room: We were bumped to a superior king which was nice because they had room for two cribs. Cribs were real mini cribs, not pack n plays. Spacious for an inner city hotel. Overall the decor was a bit worn. Ceilings were very high. We didnt have a view, really, to speak of. Bathroom was basic with a shallow tub that was great for the babies but not for adults. Tiny drip coffee maker worked well. Fridge is stocked as a mini-bar but we were told on check-in that we could remove items to make use of the fridge, which we did. The bed was a bit firm for my tastes but my husband loved it. Sheeting and pillows were very comfy.
2) Pool/Spa: The indoor pool was so nice, I wish we spent more time there. The water was about 82 degrees. It is handicapped accessible via lifts. There is a hot tub as well (no children allowed in it). You walk through the spa locker room to access the pool, which was nicely appointed and had a sauna available. I did not get a chance to book any services but the facilities looked great and if we come back I will get a massage!
3) Location: The Langham really is an easy walk to Quincy Market, Macys, Boston Common, and assorted shopping. But there isnt a lot on the immediate blocks surrounding, as it is all banks/financial district. On the weekend it is totally dead. The park across the street is just beautiful, with a long arbor and a fountain. The babies loved playing in the fountain! It is a small park but has a coffee shop and access to the T.
4) Restaurants: We ate at Cafe Fleuri for breakfast buffet, and ordered room service breakfast another morning. The buffet was so good, pricey but for a reason. Another morning we ate at a different buffet restaurant for breakfast and it wasnt even CLOSE in terms of quality, and only $10 cheaper... The staff at the Cafe were so wonderful, attentive to us and our children, which you dont always get at buffet style restaurants. The room service was very quick. They have a children's menu. We had a nice breakfast but if I had it to do over I would have gome back to the buffet because I was in love with it.
5) Service: This is where the Langham stood out, and why I am rating at 5 stars over 4. The people working here, from the doormen to the wait staff to the housekeepers, were above and beyond in terms of attentiveness and helpfulness. For example, after check in we went to check out the pool, and the woman cleaning the locker room went out of her way to give me a tour of the facilities and show me everything offered. The front desk was polite and accommodating at check in, making sure we had a room big enough for our family, and calling us once we were in the room to make sure everything was okay. Also, they were very prompt with fufilling requests. The concierge recommended restaurants to us several times. You just really feel special here.

Overall, I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and I will definitely look to stay here again when we visit Boston in the future. Thank you everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear CaseyMD,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us that exceeded your expectations, and that you especially loved our pool/spa and Breakfast in Café Fleuri. Thank you as well for completing the exceptional service you received from our colleagues throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had been to Boston last October when the hurricane hit and stayed at a rival 5* hotel, which we were very disappointed with. The Langham however, does not disappoint in the slightest!!
We were a party of 6 and from the moment we arrived the service was exceptional. Salim checked in my in laws whilst Russell checked in myself and my partner. Both gentlemen were very helpful and extremely polite. In fact my partner and I were given a free upgrade to the 7th floor with a bigger room!
We had room service several times and although not cheap (but definitely cheaper than the rival hotel!), the food was delicious.
The rooms were cleaned impeccably and a turn down service was also given each day. The bath towels were fantastic as they were huge and very fluffy! The small touches were wonderful too: beautiful stationary and each night a weather forecast for the following day.
Although situated in the Financial District, the hotel is very central to all the attractions. The harbour is about a 10 minute walk, as well as Quincey Market and Macy's. Taxis are also very cheap too.
The staff at this hotel are wonderful and when we return to Boston, both of us have decided to come back to The Langham because of this experience!!!

• Stayed August 2013
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear the_exploring_panda,

Thank you for your flattering review of your stay at The Langham during your second visit to Boston. I am delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you both will be returning to The Langham. I am pleased that you found our accommodations comfortable and especially enjoyed our turn down service and in room dining. Furthermore, I am glad that you enjoyed our downtown location within walking distance to the waterfront and Quincy Market. Thank you for complementing our colleagues on their exceptional service, especially Salim and Russell. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Got a Virgin deal for 4 days for the price of 3. Well worth it!
From the moment you entered the hotel they wanted to serve you.
My room was large and comfortable. All the facilities you could want but the mini bar which you could lock, was expensive,of course. Loads of towels and fab bathrobes. My bed was turned down in the evening and I was left good quality chocolates and the weather forecast for the next day. Every morning I received a complementary paper of choice.
The leisure centre was excellent as was the pool and spa. Again loads of towels, facilities, and fresh fruit.
The location was ideal. Most of the tourist activities were based around the port area, a 5 to 10 minute walk away. The shops too are likewise walk away.
I only ate in the main restaurant once but it was a special experience with great service.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ginaandjoy,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our accommodations and in room amenities, especially the turn down, along with our pool and fitness center. Thank you as well for mentioning the excellent service you received from our colleagues and I am glad that you found our location within walking distance to local sights ideal for your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This has to have been the best hotel on the planet. From check in to departure the staff are 110% attentive to your every need. The rooms are better than first class, and the dining in hotel is 5 star.

If you are looking for, as far as my wife and I are concerned this is the best hotel in Boston.

There is not enough positive phrases in the English language to complement this hotel.

Go there you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just be polite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Graeme 1940,

Thank you very much for your flattering review of your stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you consider us to be the best hotel in Boston. Thank you for complementing the service you received from our colleagues. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

After having read some of the reviews below I was hesitant about my upcoming stay at The Langham in Boston. I have to tell you that there was not a moment during my recent stay that I ever regretted making that reservation. From the moment I entered the beautiful lobby, was greeted by several extremely pleasant people behind the check in desks, to the moment we left, it was a fantastic stay. We were immediately upgraded from a Superior Room to something else (not sure what they called it) on the 7th floor. There was only a view of the neighboring office building, but that was okay and often to be expected in the city. We weren't going to be hanging out in the room anyway. The room itself was impeccably decorated; the beds super-comfy, and everything neat and clean. Same goes for the upgraded bathroom. The shower pressure was fantastic, and the towels were super-thick and huge. The room was also very quiet. I never heard noise in the hall or coming from anyone else's bathroom at all. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear nhlangfeld,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and found our accommodations quiet and comfortable. Thank u as well for mentioning the exceptional service you received from our colleagues from your arrival up through your departure. On behalf of my colleagues and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit to the city.